Darth Vader Respect Thread!

Wolfninjajedi

So I figured I would do another one of these because...well why not? Well ok...that and I am kinda bored. :D So let us have a look at the 1st Sith Lord to ever grace the Star Wars universe all the way back in 1977.

Darth Vader!

=============

Speed/Mobility

1st

2nd

Shows that he was quick enough to react to a turrent emplacement firing at him.

3rd

4th

5th

6th

Shows him being able to swing his saber fast enough to make blurring images/afterimages. Side note: 5th scan is just absolutely awesome with the way he is spinning his saber.

7th

Shows him being able to leap high into the air.

8th

Shows him able to move his body about to dodge attacks from different directions and also able to attack in different directions.

9th

Shows him able to throw his saber fast enough that it leaves behind a trial of light.

===========

TK

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

Just showing that Vader could crush starfighters and or move them.

1st

2nd

Able to crush a droid that dwarfed him in size.

1st

Blowing a hole through a thick wall.

1st

Making an entrance through a metal wall.

1st

Destroying an entire room.

1st

Collapsing a ceiling casually.

1st

2nd

Collasping a cathedral.

1st

2nd

Accuracy with TK, enough to crush a Jedi heart.

1st

*****slapping a creature with a large tree.

1st

Pushing large creatures aside.

Before Shryne could begin to make sense of it, he heard a creaking sound from below, and something flew at him from one of the ramps. Only a last-instant turn of his sword kept the object from striking him in the head. It was a plank-ripped from a ramp they had taken to the bridge. Shryne gazed in awe at unreadable Vader, then began to race toward him, blade held high over his right shoulder. He didn't make half the distance when a storm of similar planks and lengths of handrail came whirling at him. Vader was using his dark side abilities to dismantle the ramps!

Surrendering to the guidance of the Force, Shryne swung his lightsaber in a flurry of deflecting maneuvers-side-to-side, overhead, low down, behind his back-but the floorboards were coming in larger and larger pieces, from all directions, and faster than he could parry them. The butt end of a board struck him on the outer left thigh. The face of a wide plank slammed him across the shoulders. Wooden pegs flew at his face; other speared into his arms.

Then a short support post hit him squarely in the forehead, knocking the wind out of him and dropping him to his knees. Blood running into his eyes, he fought to remain conscious, extending the lightsaber in one shaking hand while clamping the other on the bridge's handrail. Five meters away Vader stood, his hands crossed in front of him, lightsaber hanging on his belt. Shryne tried to keep him in focus.

Another board, whirling end-over-end, came out of nowhere, hitting him in the kidneys. Reflexively the hand that was grasping the railing went to the small of his back, and he lost balance. Trying but failing to catch himself, he fell through space.Give in the wooden floor saved his life, but at the expense of all the bones in his left arm and shoulder.Above him Vader jumped from the bridge, dropping to the floor with a grace he hadn't displayed before and alighting just meters away.

TK Storm.

===========

Dun Much

The wind picked up, and Vader's black cape rippled at his back. "Luke—you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny." He opened his left hand end held it out to Luke. "Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son."

His voice is so hypnotic,

Luke thought, and he felt part of him falling under Vader's spell.

Tempting Luke to join the darkside.

===========

Telepathy

1st

Show of Mind Trick

1st

Controlling an Imperial Officer.

Vader stepped closer to him. "I think you will. In fact, I know you will. You are brave; your record makes that clear. You do not fear death." He raised his left hand, index finger slightly extended, as if making a point. "But there are far worse things than mere death ...". And before Nick realized what was going on, the Dark Lord was somehow inside his head, a dark shadow interrupting the flow of his thoughts. The shadow seemed to expand...Nick screamed, and fell into a blackness even more perfect than the eyes of Darth Vader.

He could tell that Rostu had seen or heard something that had nearly stunned him into a vegetative state. Rhinann shuddered, trying not to think about what

horrors Vader had imparted to the human. Whatever they had been, they had left him in such shock that the forcecuffs he was wearing seemed almost superfluous. His mind felt like it had been punched full of holes-holes that let conscious thoughts drain from it as fast as they popped into existence.

Able to attack mentally.

======

Force Absorb/Deflect

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Just showing Vader absorbing/deflecting blaster fire the 3rd scan showing that deflecting blaster bolt back was strong enough to decapitate the stormtrooper, the 4th scan shows more like Force Barrier + Absorbtion + TK.

===========

Alter Environment

Another large piece of machinery glanced off Luke’s body and crashed out the large window, letting in the screaming wind. Suddenly everything in the room was blown about, and the fierce wind lashed Luke’s body and filled the room with a bansheelike howl. And in the very center of the room, standing still and triumphant, was Darth Vader.

“You are beaten,” the Dark Lord of the Sith gloated. “It is useless to resist. You will join me or you will join Obi-Wan in death!”

As Vader spoke these words, a final piece of heavy machinery soared through the air, striking the young Jedi and knocking him through the broken window. Everything became a great blur as the wind carried him, tossing and rolling, until he managed to grab hold of a beam with one hand. With the wind subsided a bit and his vision cleared, Luke realized that he was hanging from the gantry of the reactor shaft outside the control room.

Controlling the winds during his duel with Luke on Bespin.

1st

2nd

3rd

Just more showing of him of using AE.

=========

Dueling

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

Darth Vader vs Dark Woman or An'ya Kuro, former Jedi Master.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

Vader vs the 8 Jedi on Kessel, all but 3 are left and it takes them combined to even hold Vader back. Yes Vader was saved, however this can't really be used against him because at that point. It was only 1 month after Mustafar, so Vader still needs to improve/get stronger and get used to his suit. The fact that he still was able to do this and the fact it took 3 Jedi combined to hold him shows how powerful he still was.

Also Vader can freeze Jedi opponents, though I don't imagine he would use this often seems like a rare thing.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

Here Vader after getting caught in an electronet(which seems to damage him) he fights against Sha Koon, niece of Jedi Master Plo Koon before he then kills her.

1st

2nd

3r4d

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

Darth Vader vs Darth Maul doppleganger made by the 3 Darkside Prophets, saying that Vader is unworthy to be with Sidious. So Vader fights with Maul, the two evenly matched and Vader being able to cut Maul's saber in half before then knocking Vader on the helmet to bring him down. Vader then uses his own saber to stab himself and kill Maul from behind, saying that his hate was strong because he hates himself.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

Here Vader beats Celeste Morne.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Darth Vader vs Cho'na Bene, so this guy is wielding 2 blue blades. He then gets Force Pushed and then...Vader without the use of his lightsaber or using The Force, he beats the Jedi down using nothing more then his strength. He gets away and then is killed by a blaster, but still...Vader laying the smackdown on a Jedi without saber or Force!

Misc

1st

2nd

1st scan shows Vader able to rip off doors from ships while the 2nd scan shows him able to break energy binders and also destroy crystaline columns.

1st

2nd

3rd

Shows Vader can use other weapons other than his saber, such as a vibrostaff.

1st

2nd

3rd

Shows Vader can also use blasters quite well.

1st

2nd

Just to reiterate Vader can fight unarmed.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Just showing various instances of him surviving explosions. Also of course he survived collapsing the cathedral on himself.

1st

2nd

Beast Control

=========

Conclusion: There is of course more, but I figure this is enough. I thank those sites/people whom I have gotten all this from. So folks...enjoy!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

With all that he still lost to Obi and Starkiller. He was never a jedi or sith master. He was mentally as strong as a 12 year old girl. That is why he was always Palps *****. He can only kill guys over the age of 65. Dooku Old Obi and Palp. Vader is garbage. I understand most people think something is cool if the TV tells them its cool but please learn to think for your selves for once.

This is EXCELLENT work. :)

5th scan is accurate depiction of following actions:

Revan was in motion, his lightsaber flashing to life, before the words had finished spilling from her mouth. As Veela and two of the others— reacting slightly faster than the rest—fired their blasters, the green blade transformed into a spinning, twirling blur as he used it to deflect their bolts back in the direction of the shooters.

Malgus finally spotted Master Zallow ten paces away, whirling, spinning, his green blade a blur of precision and speed. One Sith warrior fell to him, another.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

With all that he still lost to Obi and Starkiller. He was never a jedi or sith master. He was mentally as strong as a 12 year old girl. That is why he was always Palps *****. He can only kill guys over the age of 65. Dooku Old Obi and Palp. Vader is garbage. I understand most people think something is cool if the TV tells them its cool but please learn to think for your selves for once.

I know I should ignore this, but didn't you see the scans of him beating capable (not old) fighters?

Edited by Aurbere

Also Vader could:

Force Scream:

"The medical droids.... had been reduced to scrap by a scream that had torn from Vader's scorched throat on learning of his wife's death." [TRoVD, p. 127]

"tore an anguished moan from him that toppled the rest of the plinths as if they were dominoes" [p. 164]

"'Dooku!' he howled. With such force and wrath that the ceiling of the vast hall began to collapse." [Labyrinth of Evil, p. 275]

Dooku wonders, "has Skywalker's voiced rage actually called the ceiling down?... Assuming that he had grown powerful enough to had collapsed the dome, the end result was simply further evidence that he would someday undo himself." [p. 300]

Also Vader could:

Force Scream:

"The medical droids.... had been reduced to scrap by a scream that had torn from Vader's scorched throat on learning of his wife's death." [TRoVD, p. 127]

"tore an anguished moan from him that toppled the rest of the plinths as if they were dominoes" [p. 164]

"'Dooku!' he howled. With such force and wrath that the ceiling of the vast hall began to collapse." [Labyrinth of Evil, p. 275]

Dooku wonders, "has Skywalker's voiced rage actually called the ceiling down?... Assuming that he had grown powerful enough to had collapsed the dome, the end result was simply further evidence that he would someday undo himself." [p. 300]

As noted, didn't include everything but included a lot still.

Very nice work OP.

OOC so to speak, I think Vader suffers from being the very first villian to be introduced in SW. It was 1977 and CGI did not yet exist. Lucas did a great job with the space battles in ANH, but the Lightsaber duels suffered from the limited movie technology available at that time. In modern movies they also give much more care to melee fighting scenes with bringing martial arts coordinators and all that stuff. In the OT the sword fights look kind of wooden compared to what we are used to see in recent movies.

But even with that said Vader is one of the most iconic villians in pop culture and his mask and signature breathing sound is known to almost everybody, their grandma and cat included. He just didn't get that much screentime as well in OT and many of his feats are only hinted at.

So a thread dedicated to shine some light on why Vader was probably the most feared man in the Galactic Empire is highly appreciated (I guess he was more feared than the Emperor, because he was more visible than the latter).

As noted, didn't include everything but included a lot still.

Of course. I apologize. I did not realize you did not want anyone to add on if they knew of anything else. The "bump" to get more thoughts f'ed me up. Pardon my foolishness.

Edited by LordQordisz

Of course. I apologize. I did not realize you did not want anyone to add on if they knew of anything else. The "bump" to get more thoughts f'ed me up. Pardon my foolishness.

No need to apologize. Never said you couldn't add anything, just that I didn't add everything.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi