Crew back on ships (from patch notes): Question

HollyUSEC

From the Patch Notes:

>>Returning Companions will now appear on player ships.<<

Hooray! But... (there's ALWAYS a 'but,' isn't there?)

I'm guessing that for the most part, this includes "original" companions, as in, the Smuggler gets back Corso, Bowdaar, Risha, Akaavi and Guss?

That presents some questions.

Two companions have, for all intents and purposes, been written out of the story, probably permanently: SCORPIO for the Imperial Agent and Tanno Vik for the Trooper. In addition, several companions can now be killed off through story choices, including by the original class. Sith Warriors can kill Malavai Quinn, and Elara Dorne leaves the Trooper if they side with the Empire during the Iokath story.

So, the question is, do these players get to select "replacements" from the overall companion list? My Sniper, for example, would totally take Deadeye Leyta or Rokuss aboard their ship to replace SCORPIO, and my Commando would let Koth Vortena fly her ship.

Better yet, let the player choose their new crew? My powertech had Skadge out of story necessity. She'd probably leave him behind on Odessen to run the Black Sun in her Underworld division, now...

The player ship isn't big enough to accommodate all the companions we can now acquire, so I'm guessing there's SOME limitations?

I've been gone since 2012/2013 and just recently came back. What happened to Scorpio? And I was under the impression that you could pick almost any companion to be your crew with that alliances thing. Guess I misunderstood that.

Should just leave companions on their corresponding planets and we get to choose which ones we want to do a quest chain to unlock for our crew. I need crew members that think like me and don't disapprove of my decisions. Vette would fit better with Inquisitor and would be left off my Warrior's crew.

+1 To let us pick our 5 crew members.

I've been gone since 2012/2013 and just recently came back. What happened to Scorpio?

In Chapter 5 of KOTET (Ascension), you get a choice between killing SCORPIO and allowing her to fulfill her ultimate plan of joining her consciousness with the planetary computer network of Iokath. Either way, this writes her out of the story.

From the Patch Notes:

>>Returning Companions will now appear on player ships.<<

So, the question is, do these players get to select "replacements" from the overall companion list? My Sniper, for example, would totally take Deadeye Leyta or Rokuss aboard their ship to replace SCORPIO, and my Commando would let Koth Vortena fly her ship.

There is really no need to choose. We just need a BIGGER personal spaceship to hold all the companions that we have recruited and acquired on board the personal spaceship.

We have progressed much for a long time in the galaxy from a fresh face Padawan to a Master Jedi hero sitting on the highest Jedi Council and yet we cannot afford to upgrade our small personal starship? In real life, its like you progressed from a fresh graduate just out of school to become a CEO of one of the most powerful and rich company in the world and yet you are still driving your mini-copper and cannot afford to upgrade to a bigger luxurious car? Does not make sense really. Talking about immersion, it really break the immersion because in many many parts of the game, the common sense logic does not apply (for example, it is banned from giving gift to your companion on board of your personal starship. Why? At least give us a convincing reasons story wise why we cannot gift our companion on board of our personal starship?)