Check dulfy.net, she has guides on all the level 50 (and later, when you get there, level 55) hard mode flashpoints. You also have available to you Story-mode Operations -- Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace and Explosive Conflict -- and here, you REALLY need to have at least watched a YouTube video because you doing the wrong thing will cause at least 7 other people to waste their time at best.

Oh, and don't queue for a hard-mode flashpoint or any Operation till you've picked up at least 4 pieces of black hole gear from the level 50 story mode flashpoints (Directive 7, Kaon Under Siege, Battle of Ilum, False Emperor), because turning up with level 40 or lower green gear and no knowledge of the events will probably get you booted -- whereas if your gear is better you're less likely to get one-shotted even if you get something wrong.

In addition to doing the level 50 hard mode flash points mentioned above, you can pick up starter missions on Fleet for Black Hole (at a news feed in the main rotunda) and Section X (from an officer on the way in to the GTN quadrant). There are mission chains at each location (now reach-able via jump boxes outside the doorway to all ship hangar bays on fleet). You can do them daily for credits, and should do them each at least once per week for the extra [Weekly] completion bonus. They are short, simple and a nice transition from leveling quests and end-game content. Section X is also where, at level 50, you can start the story chain that gets you the HK droid companion.

Also, grab yourself some gear. In the very last section of the fleet commendation vendors, one of them will sell Rakata-grade hilts, barrels, armoring, enhancements and mods. (Rakata is bounds and leaps better than what you can acquire sub-50). If you haven't gotten the expansion yet, buy it and make your way to 55 to make more content available.

I have a level 55 Sorc that is getting into OPS/FPS. I have her mainly in Makeb mods (amazing how fast you can burn through comms :eek:) Does the Rakata offer better value over the Makeb or should I stick to Makeb while learning the level 55 stuff?