Benevolence

Codle

Just wondering, do any of the Seer Sages out there ACTUALLY use Benevolence? People use the argument that it's good for getting off a quick heal, but I find Bubble --> Healing Trance to be just fine in emergencies. Just thought I'd ask in case I'm missing a trick here or something.

Just wondering, do any of the Seer Sages out there ACTUALLY use Benevolence? People use the argument that it's good for getting off a quick heal, but I find Bubble --> Healing Trance to be just fine in emergencies. Just thought I'd ask in case I'm missing a trick here or something.

Yes I will use benevolence but not as part of my normal rotation. It is usually used as my reserve heal for spamming in extreme emergencies (IE me or someone else is getting their face eaten).

Benevolence is not for bads as the intellectually inferior poster before me states.

Yes I will use benevolence but not as part of my normal rotation. It is usually used as my reserve heal for spamming in extreme emergencies (IE me or someone else is getting their face eaten).

Benevolence is not for bads as the intellectually inferior poster before me states.

Exactly, while as the OP said Bubble - Healing Trance is better, but for me the following is a definition of an emergency:

-Rejuvenate is on CD

-Healing Trance is on CD

-Force-imbalance is up on target

-Target will die if Deliverance is used

Then use a Benevolence, i.e. it is an extreme emergency tool, and I have used it to prevent many wipes but its usage almost never goes into double digits in any Op and most are cleared without it being used at all. I do still have it bound to 1, but mostly out of habit and 1 isn't the easiest bind to reach anyway.

I also find it useful in PvP, both as a tool to keep me above 30% so DPS cannot execute and as an idiot magnet to be interrupted so I can use Deliverance instead.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Yup I use it in three situations:

1. proactively when a deliverance or healing trance is an overkill

2. as an emergency while healing trance is on cooldown

3. when multi-target healing and bubbles/healing trance are on lockout/cooldown periods

Having said that is the least value for force healing spell and can force exhaust you fastly, Deliverance still preferred.

This reply is directed at PvP, I side with OP as far as PvE goes;

Benevolence is used quite a lot during my rotations, it gains more use than Deliverance.

Reason is that I use the Conveyance proc gained from Rejuvenate which increases Benevolences crit chance by 60% as well as Healing Trances crit chance by 25%. Those tend to be my main 2 heals for that reason, which gives me the option to drop out Critical Rating completely from my gear, replacing it with power and giving more beef to my heals.

The times I do use Deliverance tends to be when I activate Force Potency (increasing it's crit chance to roughly 90%).

The fact that my main heal I use crits 90% of the time, has a shorter activation speeder (something like 1.3s compared to 2.3s for Deliverance) and gives me the option the drop out a stat completely in place of power seems much better to me.

Just another way to look at Sage healing.

Gunshin.

Edited by TekOpalz

For PvE, you should specced to get reduced cast time on deliverance and be using that when healing trance is on cooldown. I cast benevolence between 0-2 times per boss fight in an op. Like others have said, it only gets used on a tank if I don't think I can get deliverance off before the target dies. I sometimes use it on nontank if I want to get back to healing the tank faster.

Its far more reasonable to use benevolence in PvP. Good pvpers will be interrupting, stunning, and using forced movement when they see you casting abilities. This makes it harder to get a deliverance off. A deliverance interrupted at 1.6 is worse than a finished benevolence. This approach also frees up 2 easy skill points to throw into egress.