Ship Operations Training Dummy constantly resetting/respawning

Sindariel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This issue persists. As the OP specified—once I apply the Training Dummy Armor Reduction Module and/or the Training Dummy Standard Health Modulator and proceed with my parse, after the dummy dies/or you leave combat with it, it enters a state of constant reset preventing any combat for periods longer than 5 seconds—I am also unable to apply any modifications as either the dummy will reset before the module is applied, or will reset shorty afterwards.

I also have this problem constantly. I can get 1 parse in and then the Training dummy continually resets. I have to log out of the character and back in for each parse. This is incredibly annoying. Does anybody know a fix for this? It does not seem to affect everyone.

Hey there! I passed this along, and will update you if I hear anything!

-tw

It seems that only certain classes (e.g. Sith-Inquisitor) ship dummies are affected by this.

On my Sith-Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Agent and Trooper, the combat dummy resets correctly.

It seems that only certain classes (e.g. Sith-Inquisitor) ship dummies are affected by this.

On my Sith-Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Agent and Trooper, the combat dummy resets correctly.

On my BH, Mando, Guardian, Sage it keeps resetting when using the health modulator.

I submitted a bug report in game on this...but I'm pretty sure those are directed strait to the trash folder :D

I can generally recreate this and I'm fairly certain it's caused by having your crew either crafting or out on missions. If I don't have any crew members out I never reset. But it pretty much always happens if I do. I guess I've not tested having only one or two out.

Edited by ML_DoubleTap

One way to keep it from happening is use a HP modifier on the dummy that you get from ship's repair droid.

That's what this thread is about isn't it? Use a modifier HP or other and the Dummy keeps resetting every XX seconds.

So fix it with a HP modifier? Does not compute :p

I can confirm that the infinite dummy reset loop is related to companions out on crew missions.

I just tested this myself to elaborate.

- When all companions are available, the dummy resets like intended.

- As soon as i send a companion on a crew mission, the dummy starts to reset in an infinite loop.

- When i abort the crew mission and the companion returns to the ship, the loop stops and the dummy resets correctly again.

So, as a workaround until this bug is fixed, just call your companions back before you start parsing.

Edited by Sindariel

I can confirm that the infinite dummy reset loop is related to companions out on crew missions.

I just tested this myself to elaborate.

- When all companions are available, the dummy resets like intended.

- As soon as i send a companion on a crew mission, the dummy starts to reset in an infinite loop.

- When i abort the crew mission and the companion returns to the ship, the loop stops and the dummy resets correctly again.

So, as a workaround until this bug is fixed, just call your companions back before you start parsing.

Can also confirm this!

After having exhausted all my ideas I could think of for a fix, I finally came to the forums, and the fix was posted yesterday! Ha :D

Thanks for the fix, this was really bugging me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This is still bugged. And to confirm, I also notice it when companions are out on crew skill missions. If a companion comes back with a mission result during a parse, it's a reset at that time.

• 4 months later...
Friggin ships dummy also procs 1 or both relics when applying one of the modules.

At least it does on PTS. Never noticed it on live server tbo.

Sometimes also procs relics on live server when you apply HM and/or Armor module. :mad:

Edited by Magsel

Technically all you need to fix it is get an HP modifier from the ship legacy droid. Of you don't have a legacy for on your ship, you can get one from a friend who does.

O lol, it's you again, with the a fix for a fix that should be the fix for the fix but isn't the fix, because it's actually the problem. :eek:

So why don't you explain yourself just a little bit more for us nubs unless you plan, again, to come back at a later time.... lets say..... in 6 months or so? and then you can post yet your same fix for us :rak_09:

Edited by Magsel

• 1 month later...
A whole year since this thread started and still not fixed.. Its getting stupid now. I have to leave my ship and go back to make the dummy work, otherwise it just keeps stealthing out on me. Sell the fix on the cartel market if u have to, just sort it out!

Statement: This problem is fixed. You shouldn't be having it at all. Nobody should. The problem must be with your game itself.

Query: Has anybody tried reinstalling their game?