Level 50 Crafting only for PVE'rs.

SardaTFK

In getting to 400 Artifice I've learned that unless you run heroics or you raid you need not apply for crafting post-level 49. Currently, EVERYTHING for 50s requires Biometric Crystal Alloy's which are only found in Raids and Heroic Flashpoints. Every single weapon, mod, crystal, everything, not just the epics, everything.

As a PVPer I have zero options to craft anything for the higher levels rendering my profession completely meaningless. Why is there no missions to gather these, or a commendation option to buy them? :confused:

In getting to 400 Artifice I've learned that unless you run heroics or you raid you need not apply for crafting post-level 49. Currently, EVERYTHING for 50s requires Biometric Crystal Alloy's which are only found in Raids and Heroic Flashpoints. Every single weapon, mod, crystal, everything, not just the epics, everything.

As a PVPer I have zero options to craft anything for the higher levels rendering my profession completely meaningless. Why is there no missions to gather these, or a commendation option to buy them? :confused:

In theory crafting should tie into endgame pvp in exactly the same way that it ties in with endgame PvE.

Considering that endgame PvP itself is only half-itemised - and we dont have anything to spend merc comms on yet, id expect that crafting tie in will occur after they sort that out.

Would be a welcome addition though - so agreed.

There's this weird stigma about people not involved in raiding getting gear just as good as those that do. Until the people who get the raiding gear stop caring that those that don't like raiding can still get the same stuff, you'll just have to use the stuff one tier down.

Never mind the fact that gathering all the materials as you level, plus spending all the time and credits in order to obtain your 400 skill in crafting is probably comparable to the time it takes to just level to 50 and get in a guild to kill the 1st operation boss.

This isn't "1 tier down" this is anything above level 49 greens. Everything. All the crafted stuff already is worse then raider gear, why the raiders get exclusive domain over it is baffling.

I could understand the epic weapons and armor requiring this stuff, but mods, crystals, armoring, ect, things that non-pve'rs need as well is absurd.

I really regret not simply getting slicing at this point, since it seems I'm going to need to buy all the stuff I need that I should be able to make myself.

Edited by SardaTFK

funniest part? Those biometric crystals are bind on pickup. you cant buy them

That's just... evil. If the mats could be sold, there would be a huge market for them. The demand would presumably be higher than the supply, keeping the cost up. There's no reason, IMHO, to make these exclusively BoP.

All or your stuff requires it? I'll ahve to double check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure as an Armstech only my Moddable weapons require the Biometric Crystal Alloy. Everythign else can be crafted with the standard materials. Seems a bit unbalanced if my memory is servign me correctly (which it might not be and if I'm wrong, another Armstech si more then welcome to confirm/deny :D ).

The game is officially less than a week old. Those who have reached 50 and maxed out crafting have done so much faster than the peloton (bonus points if you get the reference). I wouldn't worry too much at the moment, I'm sure BW will fine tune things and work this sort of stuff out. They're not really focused on end game stuff as of yet because the large portion of their customer base won't be there for a while.

Give it some time, they'll work this stuff out.

So with this "Bind on pickup" issue am I correct in inferring that to successful craft the top tier equipment for any craft it will actually literally require you to be max level in the two related gathering/mission skills as to harvest these materials in raids/heroic flashpoints?

So with this "Bind on pickup" issue am I correct in inferring that to successful craft the top tier equipment for any craft it will actually literally require you to be max level in the two related gathering/mission skills as to harvest these materials in raids/heroic flashpoints?

Biometric Crystal Alloy (or whatever it's called, at work so not in game to check), is dropped from Heroic Flashpoint Bosses and Regular Mode Operation bosses. Think Nether Vortexes or Frozen Orbs from WoW. And just like those craftign items, they're BoP at release/start of the expansion to slow down the availaility of said items. This isn't anythign new, so I don't understand why people are QQ'ing.