Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

Eillack

I know, I know. I see a whole lot of love for this 'genre' all around - but I just don't feel it. :o

But...but the blasters...and the ships! They go pew, pew, zoom, pew, pew! But anyway...would also give a chance to show other pieces of tech too, that the Rebels may have acquired seeing as they used whatever they got their hands on. Maybe we will see some old Clone tech.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well like I said as much as I hate some of the retconns "glares at the retrconn of Bariss" I think they have a HUGE canvas to paint on.

Galeen Maarek. Jax Paavan from the Coruscant Nights trilogy. The setting up of the Inquisitors. Maybe a few episodes on young Han Solo or Lando Calrissian.

God there is so much they can lay down and cover. It could go for SEASONS.

I want epic large well paces space battle....... the closest one I have gotten to this is in episode 6 (haven't really watched the current clone wars just when I was wanting to get into it they brought back darth maul..... cant handle it......) every other space battle has focused almost entirely on fighters like episode 1,2,4. Has been more of a chase then a fight episode 5. or while there is some big epic battle going on in the background we don't actually get to see it from the crews of the big ships only from the eyes of the 2 guys in the fighters and only until they land on a big ship then no more space battle :( episode 3.

The producer for Young Justice is doing this? Okay, ti's going to be amazing! And cancelled after two seasons :(

well as long as he doesn't set up a bunch of lovable characters an interesting predicament and get us all hyped for the what happens next and then skip it 5 years and leave us wondering what the hell happened in that 5 year jump with barely explaining it that whole way so now instead of asking "whats going to happen next" we are asking "what is going on...." lol

well as long as he doesn't set up a bunch of lovable characters an interesting predicament and get us all hyped for the what happens next and then skip it 5 years and leave us wondering what the hell happened in that 5 year jump with barely explaining it that whole way so now instead of asking "whats going to happen next" we are asking "what is going on...." lol

I'm more worried that he'll end the series on a massive cliffhanger and tease us with Vader's first appearance at the end of the last episode.

God there is so much they can lay down and cover. It could go for SEASONS.
Lol, I expect that's the point. :p

Also, is it possible we could see Ashoka Tano in this? Remember that these events could occur only a couple of years after she has left, even a decade would be fine. I think that would be a good way of wrapping up her story without treading on the 'Luke is the last of the Jedi' concept that everyone else doesn't seem to mind pooping on

Also I'd like it to be animated in the same manner as TCW, I mean I can't see it any other way. Apart from like serious realistic animations. But if they are heading for the cartoon medium (which they probably will) I'd go as far to say its the best cartoon animation I've ever seen.

Go on, challenge me, show me better. :D

EDIT: Not the mention the fact that they've gotten so good at it. It would be a shame to start all over and see that expertise go to waste. No?

Edited by Beniboybling

Lol, I expect that's the point. :p

Also, is it possible we could see Ashoka Tano in this? Remember that these events could occur only a couple of years after she has left, even a decade would be fine. I think that would be a good way of wrapping up her story without treading on the 'Luke is the last of the Jedi' concept that everyone else doesn't seem to mind pooping on

Also I'd like it to be animated in the same manner as TCW, I mean I can't see it any other way. Apart from like serious realistic animations. But if they are heading for the cartoon medium (which they probably will) I'd go as far to say its the best cartoon animation I've ever seen.

Go on, challenge me, show me better. :D

Ashoka facing Vader...I am telling you, it would bring it all full circle.

If it means she'll die - I'm 100% for it haha.

Well it would be a fitting ending, and I just don't see Vader letting someone that important in his former life live. Because all that will do, is bring up bad memories and the like....I mean the guy was on a manhunt for Obi-Wan soo lol.

Well it would be a fitting ending, and I just don't see Vader letting someone that important in his former life live. Because all that will do, is bring up bad memories and the like....I mean the guy was on a manhunt for Obi-Wan soo lol.

Well if he fights her, I'd imagine it would be before TFU began (hence all the similar fighting styles, 1 saber to 2 sabers, etc. that Galen and Ahsoka shared).

Eh, I'm all for Ashoka vs Vader. But Vader kills Ashoka? Nah, can't see it happening. And not just because the Clone Wars is PG but I don't actually think it would be a fitting ending.

I mean, how many Jedi has Vader killed? Hundreds. Killing Ashoka will be like adding her to the list and will be a complete failure for Ashoka.

Basically, for her death to be meaningful it needs to achieve something. This could involve Vader I suppose, but her death at the hands of Vader alone would not be fitting.

Eh, I'm all for Ashoka vs Vader. But Vader kills Ashoka? Nah, can't see it happening. And not just because the Clone Wars is PG but I don't actually think it would be a fitting ending.

I mean, how many Jedi has Vader killed? Hundreds. Killing Ashoka will be like adding her to the list and will be a complete failure for Ashoka.

Basically, for her death to be meaningful it needs to achieve something. This could involve Vader I suppose, but her death at the hands of Vader alone would not be fitting.

Honostly I cant think of a more fitting death killed by her former master.... most likely all the while trying to appeal to him it has a bitter sweet kind of irony that tickles me the right way.

But why wouldn't it be fitting? Former apprentice fighting against her former master, seems fitting. She could achieve something, like trying to bring out the good in Vader and thus that opens up a small part of him. It would be a small but important thing.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

But why wouldn't it be fitting? Former apprentice fighting against her former master, seems fitting. She could achieve something, like trying to bring out the good in Vader and thus that opens up a small part of him. It would be a small but important thing.
In may seem fitting at first, but then you got to think essentially its just Vader stabbing Ashoka in the chest after an intensish duel. She dies a failure, galaxy moves on. Audience is like, oh, ok, that was sad.

Now we are getting into the problem of canon, Ashoka's existence is never actually acknowledged by Vader or Anakin before TCW and for obvious reasons. Any changes in Vader's pschye would have profound impacts on Vader's actions to come and could potentially alter his fate altogether.

Nonetheless I'm not entirely against Ashoka dying at Vader's hand - I just feel it should achieve something and be handled carefully. Some sort of self-sacrifice maybe? That would totally fit Ashoka's character.

In may seem fitting at first, but then you got to think essentially its just Vader stabbing Ashoka in the chest after an intensish duel. She dies a failure, galaxy moves on. Audience is like, oh, ok, that was sad.

Now we are getting into the problem of canon, Ashoka's existence is never actually acknowledged by Vader or Anakin before TCW and for obvious reasons. Any changes in Vader's pschye would have profound impacts on Vader's actions to come and could potentially alter his fate altogether.

Nonetheless I'm not entirely against Ashoka dying at Vader's hand - I just feel it should achieve something and be handled carefully. Some sort of self-sacrifice maybe? That would totally fit Ashoka's character.

Could work I suppose, self-sacrificing. Anyway moving on...

Me wants to see some Rebel vs Imperial action! Dogfights, Spec Ops, Imperial Guardsmen!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ahsoka dying at Vader's hands would make sense. Vader says that it is too late for him in ROTJ. Maybe killing Ahsoka causes him to believe that?

I think that is more, to all the crap he has done that he thinks its too late lol. Plus as I recall, he already thought it was too late before when he was thinking of Padme, the life he could have lived and all that.

But i'd rather the series focus more on the Rebels/Stormtroopers and the like.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think that is more, to all the crap he has done that he thinks its too late lol. Plus as I recall, he already thought it was too late before all that anyway when he was thinking of Padme and all.

That's a good point.

Personally, I have high hopes for this series. TCW disappointed me in several areas, but also exceeded my expectations in other areas. My disappointment came from all of the retcons, but that isn't likely to occur in this series.

I am excited for this series. Can't wait to see what they do with this.

That's a good point.

Personally, I have high hopes for this series. TCW disappointed me in several areas, but also exceeded my expectations in other areas. My disappointment came from all of the retcons, but that isn't likely to occur in this series.

This is the exact reason I really cant wait. This should be awesome.

That's a good point.

Yep, yep. We get Rebels fighting Stormtroopers now, no more Clone vs Droid stuff that has been overdone!

Yep, yep. We get Rebels fighting Stormtroopers now, no more Clone vs Droid stuff that has been overdone!

I just realized clones and droids makes every one faceless..... but the great thing about rebels and stormtroopers they can all be some one all have their own story every person we see has the potential for a great story ...... the possibilities oh the wonderful wonderful possibilities.

Oh for sure. The Clone Wars has been getting some major attention. But that's because everyone wants to contribute to the era, and work with these beloved characters. Early rebellion era doesn't have much of that.

We finally get something other than Jedi vs. Sith and Clones vs. Droids. Not that those are bad things, but the Rebellion era is generally unexplored compared to earlier and later eras. Time to see what these Stormtroopers (on the TV) are actually capable of when they aren't shooting at the main characters! :D