Class Story Order?

Anti_Bodies

What is the order of the class story lines? Which classes story takes place first, second, third, etc. in chronological order? Searched all over and couldn't find an answer. Interested in playing the very last class so I find out how things end up.

I know in some stories for example the Empire will control planet X but then in the next class lose control and in the next gain it back. So stuff like that.

I think that they're all supposed to happen at roughly the same time. So level 1 is approximately the same time for all classes, 10 is the same point in the timeline, etc.

So the idea is that the cold war always goes into a full out war sometime around the end of chapter 2, etc.

The class stories happen concurrently. The exact order of all the class story events isn't completely clear, but it seems to be safe to assume that all the classes finish Chapter 1 before anyone starts Chapter 2 and so on. And really the order of the class stories seems to change on a nearly planet by planet basis. As an example the JK starts Chapter 3 before the SW, but the SW is implied to finish Voss(second planet of Chapter 3) before the JK does.

There really are not enough pieces of data to put together the entire timeline for every planetary event, and honestly it is a rare occurance when you can place two class stories on the same planet chronologically.

In terms of planets changing sides, that really occurs mostly through the world arcs. You would have to play a class from each side to see the full picture because Taris's final fate is an Imperial world quest and Balmorra's is a Republic one. To figure out the final fate of any planet you really have to play both sides and then figure out which world arc happened first because each side's world arc portrays it as winning on the planet.

Broadly speaking I would think the planets are all happening about the same "time" story-wise.

1. Starter Worlds

2. Capitol Worlds

3. Balmorra (Empire wins) / Taris (Republic Wins)

4. Nar Shadda

5. Tatooine

6. Alderaan

7. Taris (Empire retakes Taris and neutralizes Republic Victory)/Balmorra (Republic frees Balmorra from Imperial control)

and so on.

Specifics on the class stories... I'd say they fall broadly speaking within equivilent timeframes based on the worlds associated with their quests.

Thanks for all your responses. So can anyone tell me the final fate (so far) of Ilum and Corellia? And the state of war/not war going on? That part has sort of confused me.

Illum is easy: There is still war going on, no side has won yet. (Open World PVP)

Corellia seems

to be a republic victory. At least I have heard that at the end of the republic world arc, the questgiver for the empire world arc is killed. Not sure, though.

I think that they're all supposed to happen at roughly the same time. So level 1 is approximately the same time for all classes, 10 is the same point in the timeline, etc.

So the idea is that the cold war always goes into a full out war sometime around the end of chapter 2, etc.

Overly Cautious Spoiler edit :p

I'm pretty sure the end of Act 2 for Troopers is the actual trigger from Cold War to War War, timeline wise.

Edited by Fordel
Maybe Spoiler :P

The final disposition of Corellia is made pretty clear in the bread-crumb quests that direct you to the new daily area in The Black Hole, especially the Imperial one.

The class stories all seem to happen pretty much simultaneously, with minor exceptions (of the three classes I've finished Chapter 3 on, the Bounty Hunter finishes Chapter 3 before either the Trooper or the Consular, since both the Consular and Trooper epilogue cut-scenes reference something that happens during/as a result of the final BH class quest). Things get muddy when you factor in that the end-of-chapter "Return to the Fleet" quests have some (mostly implicit) time compression - the end-of-Chapter-2 Jedi Knight class quest explicitly takes place over "several months", for example.

And to complicate things even further some world events happen within companion quests, not world or class arcs, making them hard to pin down chronologically except to the extent that some companion dialogues only open after certain milestones in the individual class arcs. For example Jedi Knights who have high enough affection with Doc to open his dialogues learn that

Nem'ro the Hutt (an important figure in the Hutta arcs for Agents and Hunters) has been killed by an irate bounty hunter

at some point during Chapter 3 (the dialogue where you find this out doesn't unlock until you've finished Chapter 2).

• 2 years later...
Actually I'm gonna say Jedi Knight happens before any other because everyone is saying the emperor is dead and

SPOILER ALERT: You kill the emperor

Au contrair:

The Sith Warrior recieves a letter from Servant 1 after the act 3 finale, explaining the Emperor. Spoiler: he's definitely not dead.

I'd say the BH ends first, warrior ends second, the knight third. This is because the BH ending is referenced in most (if not all of) the other class stories. Warrior second because

the Hand would immediately have notified the warrior of the Emperor's defeat

I would say the endings are concurrent for knight and warrior, but my deduction says otherwise.

Okay, up to Corellua, it is difficult to pinpoint exactly when what happens in the stream of things. Here's, roughly, how they end in order:

Spoiler alert you have been warned!

1. Bounty hunter: ends with chancellor Janarus no longer in office.

2 Imperial agent: Darth Baras is mentioned on Corellia so he's still alive.

3. Sith warrior: Darth Thanaton is still alive.

4. Sith Inquisitor: He's not

5. Jedi Consular: They tell you there's a new supreme chancellor like it's breaking news so that means the BH story was EXTREMELY recent.

6. Jedi knight: Tol Braga was mentioned to be "neutralized" by the Star Cabal indicating that the JK story was at about the same time as the IA.

7. Trooper: No good reason just can't tie it with other classes.

8. Smuggler: Ditto with the trooper.

Actually I'm gonna say Jedi Knight happens before any other because everyone is saying the emperor is dead and

SPOILER ALERT: You kill the emperor

People really only start saying that after Chapter 3, everything else prior is just gossip because nobody has heard from him in awhile, which is explained in the Sith Warrior's storyline.