Looking for anyone's 2 cents on a new Class.

Solkagen

So I've been gone from Swtor for a few months and I'm starting back up again. I want to give a new class a try but I'm not sure what to play. I have a Scroundrel and a Merc. I want to play a Melee class but not opposed to ranged just want to know which story line is the best throughout the classes I have not played.

Any opinion would be greatly appreciated :sy_galaxy:

:ph_thank_you:

My advice from a story perspective Sith Warrior or Imperial Agent

Warrior storyline is the best i have seen out of all my 3 level 50s so far but i have just hit Hoth on my agent and it is even better

As for advanced classes i love playing my Sniper, and it performs very well in both PVP and PVE

If you do choose Warrior either advanced class is good, i levelled a marauder and that was really fun, does insane damage, but i am currently levelling a Jedi Guardian (Sith Juggernaut) and while it can be hard for the first few levels, around level 30ish it becomes a really good class and the advantage is you can always spec into tanking

I have a 50 Juggernaut and a 50 Merc.

Right now I'm leveling a Jedi Shadow who just finished Tattooine. I quite like the class. Its high burst and stealth make it play a lot differently from my other toons. I'm finding the story so far to be better than my 41 sorceror.

I can also vouch for the awesomeness of the SW story.

I liked the sorc story overall as long as you are someone who can (and/or likes to) ignore some dumb parts, imagine some things differently, and want to imagine yourself as an up an coming darth. The sorc story gave me some really cool parts but also had some dumb parts.

My main prob with sorc was that this game is too simple with the light and dark side choices. When I'm on a char like my jug I enjoy being very one sided (kill those in my way and never help anyone), however I'd like sorc to be smart and use people according to his plans (kind of like palpatine).

Palpatine didn't kill his enemies he helped them while planning their eventual downfall. Too many of the sorc choices were ...darkside for killing or not helping, and lightside for helping. My sorc was full evil but I saw many occasions where to avoid lightside points you had to do something really really stupid.

If this kind of thing would bother you too much then don't go sorc but otherwise I liked it. I just pretended like I did what I thought was the smart thing lol.

I have a 50 Juggernaut and a 50 Merc.

Right now I'm leveling a Jedi Shadow who just finished Tattooine. I quite like the class. Its high burst and stealth make it play a lot differently from my other toons. I'm finding the story so far to be better than my 41 sorceror.

I can also vouch for the awesomeness of the SW story.

If you havent yet try the Inquisitor with the Assassin AC it handles much like the Shadow ( I know I have a lvl 34 Assassin and a lvl 21 Shadow). I love both of those Class Stories so far. Liking the BH Story so far as well, The Sith Warrior Story is up in the air for me right now still on Drommund Kaas. As to trying out a new class (This is for the author of this thead) Try the Imperial Agent with Sniper Advanced Class it plays very well from the Begining to endgame and enjoyed every minute of the Story and Sniper handles very well both in groups and Solo as well as in PvP. I have never played as an Operative so cant comment on its capailities.

Operative or Assassin- I personally liked the gameplay and story for both of them. Plus, they can be mostly melee, with some range- or vice versa.

Thats what I like about both the Assassin and the Shadow. Mainly Melee focused but with ranged attacks that come in handy if pulled off at the right moment.

I thoroughly enjoyed Agent, Warrior, Knight, and Trooper stories, in that order... while the other 4 stories I found to be somewhat lackluster.

Since you already have the Agent, go with any of the other 3. Warrior and Knight are the same class-wise, so if you roll one of those it's just whether you want to play Empire or Republic. If you roll Trooper, go with a Vanguard since you have a Merc already. Vanguard owns in PvP at the moment, and they are amazing in PvE for both tanking and dps. And they are considered melee with ranged abilities, making them somewhat versatile.

Edited by Toogeloo

I'm in the same boat. I've enjoyed all of my classes but the *surprise* was the Imperial Agent, Operative. I picked Operative because everyone else picked sniper, and I picked the darts DPS tree because everyone said it sucked.

It has actually been VERY fun and VERY different from all my other classes.

I'm looking to start up my 5th class. I haven't tried the following: Warrior, Bounty Hunger, Smuggler, Trooper. Any ideas?

- Arcada

I'm in the same boat. I've enjoyed all of my classes but the *surprise* was the Imperial Agent, Operative. I picked Operative because everyone else picked sniper, and I picked the darts DPS tree because everyone said it sucked.

It has actually been VERY fun and VERY different from all my other classes.

I'm looking to start up my 5th class. I haven't tried the following: Warrior, Bounty Hunger, Smuggler, Trooper. Any ideas?

- Arcada

Warrior and Trooper are my 2nd and 4th favorite classes. Trooper is really only rewarding if you play Light Side imo. Warrior can swing either Dark or Light, but I found it the most rewarding playing Light Side (almost Revan-esque).

Not sure how much you've heard about the Consular, specifically the Sage, but here's my 2 cents on it.

Let me preface this by saying that since you've played the IA story line, which is one of the best in the game (if not the best but that's not the point) you might find the Consular story boring since the IA is more action orientated while Consular is more a diplomat/non-violence deal.

Now then, on my opinion.

I liked it. Style was rewarding as a DPS Sage, and in the 1-49 tier of PvP I did VERY well. Easily within top 5, sometimes even top or second, with 8-14 medals each game. PvE wise, content wasn't to hard for me save for certain bosses and heroics, but overall fun. Story wise, its a perspective/opinion thing. Some people I've heard just all out hated the Consular story, and voted it the worst one. I for one, even after playing the Sith Warrior story up till around the start of Act 3, still found it interesting. Its really diplomatic based, as thats what you are for Act 2 and 3-a diplomat to secure the peace. Act 1 is a good bit different, and was probably my personal favorite. Act 2 and 3 were however enjoyable, somewhat humorous, and interesting. Thats what I think at least, a lot of others would have to argue against that. Of course Gameplay wise, most people would agree as a Sage its a nice style of play, plus you can respec as a healer for Ops/FPs/WZs etc. and be able to get into groups/Ranked WZs faster.

Oh and for the story, go LS. DS makes no sense what so ever (Ex. "I helped you out, and you helped me out. We both benefit as does the Republic as a whole! Now what? I KILL YOU! YOU DIE!!"=DS Consular=Wut. While LS is just that without the stupid decision to kill the person, which makes much more sense...)

Just my 2 cents, hope that helped!

Edited by SabreNova

Not sure how much you've heard about the Consular, specifically the Sage, but here's my 2 cents on it.

<snip>

Oh and for the story, go LS. DS makes no sense what so ever (Ex. "I helped you out, and you helped me out. We both benefit as does the Republic as a whole! Now what? I KILL YOU! YOU DIE!!"=DS Consular=Wut. While LS is just that without the stupid decision to kill the person, which makes much more sense...)

Just my 2 cents, hope that helped!

I completely concur on this. Consular is boring, but if you are going to play it... play Light Side. I will also apply this to the Inquisitor story. Again, I found Inquisitor boring, but if you are going to play it... play it Dark Side since Light Side makes almost no sense what so ever.

From the ones i tried the jedi knight and sith warrior were pretty nice, as for the knight i went guardian as i didnt feel two lightsabers would work as a republic light side jedi :p and vice versa for SW. Assassin had a mediocre story but the ending is very satisfying at least for me it was.