People Who Are Happy With Jung Ma

JamesDisaster

Then they should roll on a PvP server. The RP designation means that if you enjoy RP and PvP... this server is for you. I see no reason why a PvPer wouldn't just pick a PvP server to begin with.... there are plenty of them out there. /shrug

Dreg, telling all the hardcore pvp'rs that are left they should have rolled on a pvp server will not help the cause of trying to save jungma .

I personally would have loved to have had a hardcore RP/PvP Imperial guild who dressed like storm troopers

And Curbstomped Alpha into oblivion. But sadly there is no imperial RP/PvP guild on this server.

But the point is moot, F2P will not bring RPrs PvPrs or even RP/PvPrs, everyone knows this.

So all the pvprs will transfer to a pvp server, so that they can simply play the game and the jungma identity will be lost.

And with paid transfers and mutiple choices not everyone will go to the same server so any comraderie we have built up will be lost. There are plenty of pubs that fear me and that I have fun crushing. And I am sure they love killing me.

So to all my dead enemies I salute you. And hope that we can continue our battles on the same server in the future.

P.s. shame on bioware for not letting the imperials have a common suit of armor to RP in. For shame.

And don't troll me with the stupid @........ Suit that only 2% of the people have access to.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreg, telling all the hardcore pvp'rs that are left they should have rolled on a pvp server will not help the cause of trying to save jungma .

I personally would have loved to have had a hardcore RP/PvP Imperial guild who dressed like storm troopers

And Curbstomped Alpha into oblivion. But sadly there is no imperial RP/PvP guild on this server.

But the point is moot, F2P will not bring RPrs PvPrs or even RP/PvPrs, everyone knows this.

I wasn't telling them they should have picked another server. I simply stated I didn't understand the motivation for their choice... just like I think it's impossible for EVERYONE to know that F2P won't bring any RPers, PvPers, or RP/PvPers.

I actually know a couple hardcore RP-PvPers that came back just recently to Jung Ma (the server they initially rolled on) once they heard SWTOR was becoming F2P... before F2P went live (obviously). One in particular is a good friend of mine that just logged back in and surprised me (pleasently).

So blanket statements like "F2P will not bring RPrs PvPrs or even RP/PvPrs, everyone knows this" won't help the cause either.

I've already seen a few come back. It's not a lot... but it's enough for someone like me who's already happy about the current server of Jung Ma.

Edited by Creedys

The blanket statement of F2P won't save Jung ma is accurate because

F2P people by definition are not hardcore, therefore they won't log on regularly to do RP, PvP, or RP/PvP.

So the core base of the server will not be improved by F2P.

And to think that new ungeared and unskilled F2P people will help PvP is exceptionally unlikely.

Most will get Curbstomped, complain about gear, then sit in pve ques till they get bored and quit the game.

So ya most of us have seen this happen and know F2P will not help Jung ma .

The blanket statement of F2P won't save Jung ma is accurate because

F2P people by definition are not hardcore, therefore they won't log on regularly to do RP, PvP, or RP/PvP.

So the core base of the server will not be improved by F2P.

And to think that new ungeared and unskilled F2P people will help PvP is exceptionally unlikely.

Most will get Curbstomped, complain about gear, then sit in pve ques till they get bored and quit the game.

So ya most of us have seen this happen and know F2P will not help Jung ma .

I think we have two different concepts of the status of Jung Ma. You are presuming that I feel Jung Ma needs to be saved. The entire title (need I keep reminding people here) is, “People who are happy with Jung Ma". In its implication, happy people are excited for F2P because casual F2P players only mean the possibility of more people coming to Jung Ma. Remember, we are currently happy with the status of Jung Ma; its population, its designation, etc. If one person joins Jung Ma because of F2P, that will only increase our happiness.

You believe that Jung Ma requires saving and based on your initial platform and your assumptions about F2P's pull on gamers, F2P won't improve anything. Our initial positions differ, so there is likely no chance that we will resolve any differing opinions. Your experiences (and the experiences of “most of us”, whoever that is) may be valid (I'm not asking for a past MMO history where you've found F2P to not help population), but based on my experiences of the LOTRO population (a fairly successful example of the F2P strategy in action), many RPers ARE F2P regulars... because RP doesn't cost currency, there are no restrictions on how long one can RP (versus the limitations SWTOR will place on PvP, PvE, etc.).

I also disagree about the curbstomping comment. Sub 50 PvP has very little basis on the gap between PvP gear sets that we experience at level 50. Additionally, you have guilds like <Esoteric Order> doing a free gear event for new players to even help with new, casual F2P players finding a community. I think Jung Ma actually has a lot to offer the F2P player.

It's a shame that you feel that Jung Ma is in such a state of disarray that you feel like nothing will help. :(

I am happy here i like to RP / and PvP. So i am in the right place here.....there will more new player's that like to RP / PvP .....and there will be more PVE players comeing soon......my legacy name is " Kingbigwolf " and if there is a guild that needs some one for ops lot me know right now i have a level 50 sage not ready for ops yet....but my sith sorcerer level 50 is good to go for ops she is dps ......and i like to make friends with all of you out here, so look me up i do flashpoints and pvp and i help out other low level players and i do ask for help for my low level toon's ......see you out on Jung Ma............

Your assumption on F2P'rs being RP heavy sounds believe able . But as you have emphatically pointed out this is a RP/PvP server. And as a heavy PvP'r both 50 and under, GEAR MATTERS.

But for my thoughts on Jung Ma, It is the best. (why do you think DE still keeps their toons current here)

We have great people and great pvprs.

We simply need to keep all the Jung Ma people together and get them in a deeper population pool so that regular pvp can actually happen. And if you think ranked ques aren't nonexistent , you need to pull your head out of the sand.

Therefore all of the people who really want pvp are dying for ranked and a population to support ranked.

All of the large guilds are planning on pulling out the second transfers are available.

you can argue against this all ya want but Jung Ma will be decimated when transfers are available.

Which is why I am saddened by the destruction of our Jung Ma community .

The only real way to save what we have built so far is an entire server merge.

It's the only RP-PVP server out there. I would never leave it. I just think we should be allowed to gobble up a PVP server and an RP server!!! 8D And if it ever gets renamed it should be given or have added Xoxaan! Just because I like Xoxaan. And we're a hot tempting mistress of darkness we are! Edited by Aital

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm pretty much commenting as someone outside looking in. My toons are currently on Jedi Covenant, which is one of the highest population servers, and trust me, high population does not mean quality population. Since F2P, I feel gen chat is even turning into frakkin Barren's chat from WoW long ago >.> If anything, those of you who love Jung Ma should love it for the mere reason that its not full of bratty noobs who QQ about everything and need to get their rocks off on Gen chat by putting down everyone. /endrant

That being said, I think you guys have an awesome community and if that's not what an MMO should be like than idk wth should be! :confused:

I'm in a active guild running raids almost every night depending on how many people log on, what made me came back and keep playing and ethusiastic about it is because of friends coming back, otherwise I wouldn't be here, I'm enjoying myself, no complaints.

P.s. shame on bioware for not letting the imperials have a common suit of armor to RP in. For shame. And don't troll me with the stupid @........ Suit that only 2% of the people have access to.

They are lacking creativity or lazy to add in variety of imp armor. The only suit of armor is from the CE vendor. Notice I said armor, not hooligan imperial outfits.

Hey guys. I'm pretty much commenting as someone outside looking in. My toons are currently on Jedi Covenant, which is one of the highest population servers, and trust me, high population does not mean quality population. Since F2P, I feel gen chat is even turning into frakkin Barren's chat from WoW long ago >.> If anything, those of you who love Jung Ma should love it for the mere reason that its not full of bratty noobs who QQ about everything and need to get their rocks off on Gen chat by putting down everyone. /endrant

That being said, I think you guys have an awesome community and if that's not what an MMO should be like than idk wth should be! :confused:

This is well said. I have to agree. I love Jung Ma because of its community. If not for the people here, it would be a crap server. Its those people who like the server, and do things to help it, and promote the friendly atmosphere we have that make Jung Ma worth playing on.

If that means we have to have a smaller population, I'm ok with that. I'd rather have quality over quantity.

I'm not really sure what to expect. Will we have a choice to stay on Jung Ma? Will there be a mass exodus to other servers if/when xfers arrive? The AP and VZ merge looked good... until the gates were opened again.

As a PvP'er I think cross-server Ranked/Reg WZ's and 8man Q's will help if they make it.

As an MMO player, i think even Jung Ma OG's who want to stay, will be forced to xfer when the time comes. If not by BW, by lack of population. Just an opinion.

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. This is the only server I've played on. But this isn't the first MMO I've played :(

I'm not really sure what to expect. Will we have a choice to stay on Jung Ma? Will there be a mass exodus to other servers if/when xfers arrive? The AP and VZ merge looked good... until the gates were opened again.

As a PvP'er I think cross-server Ranked/Reg WZ's and 8man Q's will help if they make it.

As an MMO player, i think even Jung Ma OG's who want to stay, will be forced to xfer when the time comes. If not by BW, by lack of population. Just an opinion.

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. This is the only server I've played on. But this isn't the first MMO I've played :(

I have a fear that when paid transfers come in, people are going to rush over to Pot5 and leave Jung Ma.

Well, we could hope as the only RP-PvP Server that people take a look at our community and decide to come here. Maybe a weeks grace period to see if things liven up. If not, maybe a destination post ahead of time may help decisions?

I don't really RP but the community is great IMO. I'll eventually rp on my agent at nar shadda maybe lol. All in good fun.

Wow, i fear that cantina... while leveling I've been asked, "Why don't you RP if you rolled on a RP-PvP server?" a buncha times. I answer politely every time. But then there's that /cyber chat channel...

I've said too much >_>

Wow, i fear that cantina... while leveling I've been asked, "Why don't you RP if you rolled on a RP-PvP server?" a buncha times. I answer politely every time. But then there's that /cyber chat channel...

I've said too much >_>

Most of us would answer, RP servers tend to be more mature then other servers.

Without question Jung ma is a great server. But, there isn't any ranked matches.

That's the main problem, all the pvprs want to run ranked and feel challenged.

Whatever fixes that problem will be the best thing to happen to Jung ma.

People might have given up on ranked and decided to put more focus on pve until Feb.March.2013 aka "Proving Ground" for Bioware. I'm not interested in pvp that much in this game and I'll reconsider pvping again on Proving Ground Day.