Kira's voice is borked now

Jett-Rinn

You would hope this problem would be identified in the PTS.

Why would it be caught? The people that were copied over tested the raid, and most of the legacy benefits require a high-level character. Why should I roll a new toon on the test server to check to see if companion voices are messed up?

Of course it's not like bugs in other areas of the game (like those same raids) were fixed so even if they knew it's not like anything would be done about it. Just play with the audio off-that way you don't have to hear bugged voices-or worry that the voice won't match the look of your toon.

You're doing it wrong.

You are supposed to hate everything and point to how this particular problem is indicative of why the game will fail.

Oh, and talk about unsubbing or how your guild is gone or something.

It is also very important that he tell us just how awesome he is and his guild, and how many millions of MMO gamers hang on their every decision.

Believe it or not, some bugs don't show up until the update goes Live. Beta testing just can't replicate Live conditions.

False sound was already quite broken on the PTS, never seen a released game with sound so buggy, it's 2012 BW we espect sound to work in games...

My Kira and Nadia's lightsabers are always lit up (even when on my ship). It's a little aggravating hearing the constant hum of their weapons when running around, and the only ways I can turn them off at the moment are to 1) hop on my little speeder, 2) get a different companion, 3) un-equip their weapons, or 4) turn off my sound.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

In addition to Kira's voice, has anyone noticed that her lightsaber is a LOT louder.

Yeah, all lightsabers are like this. People even posted about it on the PTS forums. I get the feeling it's a mass audio issue since it's companions, weapons, mounts, and whatever that droning noise on Carrick/Vaiken is.

If you don't know what I'm referring to with the mounts, it's that they are now one constant noise instead of having a more idling sound when you stop moving. I submitted a bug report just in case. Also, not sure if intended or not, Ambush on my Sniper sounds completely different and, frankly, odd. Not a huge deal, just kind of a shock when I first heard it.

My Kira and Nadia's lightsabers are always lit up (even when on my ship). It's a little aggravating hearing the constant hum of their weapons when running around, and the only ways I can turn them off at the moment are to 1) hop on my little speeder, 2) get a different companion, 3) un-equip their weapons, or 4) turn off my sound.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Yep got it on Kira and Azshara. Now happening on my ship with Lord Scourge who to put it bluntly now looks like he has a red lightsaber shoved up his bottom :eek:

Do your companions have helmets/masks on? My Lokin speaks normally (his helmet doesn't cover his face) but Vector now talks like NPCs who have full masks, since that's what he's wearing. Kaliyo also have a full helmet on and talks like she has it on instead of before when they didn't.

So it appears they fixed it to where the companions are speaking properly according to their head gear.

I will confirm this as well, at least on Kira.

With headband on, comm voice, take it off and normal voice.

Seems though that they should match it to the type of headgear. Her headband wouldn't have that effect, but of course a trooper helmet would.

Nice effect, just a little too broadstroked.

Same problem here. How could do they do this to us without the option to hide companion headgear? It's like they're punishing us for wearing that extra piece of gear due to all the presence buffs.

I for one like listening to my companion and it makes it harder for me to hear him or her.

I will also agree that it's inconsitent. My Dr. Lokin clearly doesn't have a helmet covering his mouth but he sounds like he does. How they decided which ones get it and which ones don't doesn't seem to be foolproof, that's for sure.

Because he needs to hear Kira's voice actor more than he cares about clown armor? You have to have your priorities..

Indeed. But his complaint is no less valid than the other, yet he's trolling that thread claiming that it's of no consequence. :confused:

Yeah, all lightsabers are like this. People even posted about it on the PTS forums. I get the feeling it's a mass audio issue since it's companions, weapons, mounts, and whatever that droning noise on Carrick/Vaiken is.

If you don't know what I'm referring to with the mounts, it's that they are now one constant noise instead of having a more idling sound when you stop moving. I submitted a bug report just in case. Also, not sure if intended or not, Ambush on my Sniper sounds completely different and, frankly, odd. Not a huge deal, just kind of a shock when I first heard it.

Almost everything sounds completely different. I don't know what they did to the audio because I didn't see a patch note, but even little things like selling gear sounds different. It has like a double "cha-ching" sound to it now.

I got broken sounds from many companions, most of them were not wearing odd helms. (Khem Val, Andronikos, Doc, can`t remember if i tried more). I think i even took the helm off once and it sounded just as bad.

But it`s not that gamebreaking, as long as in real conversations they sound fine ^^

but even little things like selling gear sounds different. It has like a double "cha-ching" sound to it now.

Yeah, I bugged that on the PTS. It's like the audio file is playing twice, overlapping itself.

I also sent in a bug report yesterday about the speeder sounds not changing to an idle sound like they used to and I got an email wanting my dxdiag and everything so at some point I need to reply to that email.

Oh, I don't know if it's the same for everyone but the saber hum dies off after a few seconds of inactivity for me (because my companions just can't seem to put away their weapons much anymore). I haven't played my Warrior yet to know how it sounds during combat.

I got broken sounds from many companions, most of them were not wearing odd helms. (Khem Val, Andronikos, Doc, can`t remember if i tried more). I think i even took the helm off once and it sounded just as bad.

But it`s not that gamebreaking, as long as in real conversations they sound fine ^^

I've had the problem with my Inquisitor for Khem, Andronikos, Ashara and Xalek. Removing the helmet brings the voices back to normal.

I've also noted that sounds seems to be directional now. If I stand in front of a companion, I can hear him fine (without helmet). If I stand back to him, however, I can barely hear him.

While not gamebreaking, the combinason of helmet problem and directional issue can make me miss an a companion telling me he's dying during a fight because I can't hear him. Well, I haven't killed Khem yet, but I'm guessing it's only a matter of time.

The sound through the helmet change really annoys me - for the same

reason I don't like to see a romance cinematic where my companion has

a Storm Trooper helmet on (not sure if that was fixed).

Bioware, you made excellent choices with the voice actors. I love the

companion's voices (even the somewhat whiny sounding Mako). I just

cannot understand why you now choose lessen the impact of the

voice acting. Possibly you thought to make things more "realistic".

Maybe, in stead of the companions disappearing into thin air when

you summon a speeder, you could also have them hop on the back.

It would certainly be more realistic, but I don't care. I do not play

this game for the realism. I'm here for the stories and the characters.

The emotional impact is lessened when characters sound like they phone

it in over a landline and sometimes I can't even understand them

anymore and have to rely on the subtitles.

Please fix this annoyance in one of two ways:

1) toggle helmet audio option in Preferences

2) link the changed audio to "Hide Head Slot" setting AND extend

"Hide Head Slot" pref to the companion.

ps. Thank you for adding the option to add notes to the friend panel.

Wanted that for a while.

Emshwiller

Mine appears to be working OK and she has her hat on. Trouble I find now, but maybe I just didn't notice it before is the sound is coming from the direction of the companion. Some may say thats realistic, to me it just sounds like one of my earphones is busted. And now I notice it, it has become really annoying.