Companion Bonuses

Belthinax

In previous builds each companion had unique boosts for specific crafting skills. This was stated to be something that was going to be changed, but as of the last beta build, it was still present. Can anyone confirm if companions still have these bonuses, and if they are the same? Thanks in advance.

Level 3 atm, I'll post as soon as I get my first companion, unless someone beats me to it that is.

Only level 3??? I'm up to 15 already and have my starship!

J/K, I'm suffering from lightsaber envy. Have a good time and we'll see you in-game as soon as we can.

I'm personally torn on the previous companion skill bonuses. In one sense, I like that different classes end up having different things they are proficient in. On the other hand, I disliked that some crafting skills had the best boosts in only one faction.

@mfrags - No worries, its something quite a few of us are interested in.

Edited by Belthinax

I'm pretty sure the devs had indicated they would still be in. They had said that the bonuses are intentionally small enough that the difference is not a big deal from crafting.

I personally think it is better left in. Adds some flavor. By the time you get all of your companions, I imagine the bonuses will even out somewhat.

I'm personally torn on the previous companion skill bonuses. In one sense, I like that different classes end up having different things they are proficient in. On the other hand, I disliked that some crafting skills had the best boosts in only one faction.

@mfrags - No worries, its something quite a few of us are interested in.

I see what you are saying Belt and I concur, to a degree. However, I am a staunch supporter of faction uniqueness/differences over balance. I can understand the need for classes to be balanced, but I welcomed the crew skill companion bonuses as something that made the two factions unique. The bonuses also add some flavor to the companion's story/codex.

I took a lot of notice on this during Beta, as there was /great/ disparity between the Classes.

(Some classes have far more bonus points from their companions then others.)

While I won't be able to reverify that in any quick amount of time, I'll let you know if my first companion still has the skill bonuses.

I took a lot of notice on this during Beta, as there was /great/ disparity between the Classes.

(Some classes have far more bonus points from their companions then others.)

While I won't be able to reverify that in any quick amount of time, I'll let you know if my first companion still has the skill bonuses.

Thank you kindly, as the recent threads on the first page seem to be click-on-link spam...

I can't understand why they would even think of not putting that in. It gives that little extra flavour to crafting. How is that a bad thing?

Apparently people have seen that they are in so this is of no real value.

The reason that they said they would not put it in was that they didn't want you to feel like you couldn't take a favorite companion on quests with you, just because they had a crafting or mission bonus that you didn't want to miss using.

i.e. I can't take this companion with me because he has to stay on the ship crafting since he has a bonus for crafting.