Change back the changes!

kristinlouise

I posted this solution to address some of the issues in another thread today.

Agree, the introduction to WZ mission should not require a win considering it’s the first mission and the rewards are ear, implants and relics. All of which a new pvper at lvl 10 might not have yet. So they are already behind in stats (bolster doesn’t cover empty slots) and they are now expected to “win” to complete the introduction mission? This really is the most nonsensical decision by Bioware’s latest pvp changes.

Honestly, lowbies and Mids is dying again due to some of the pvp changes. Even lvl 75 participation is declining during the times I play. I obviously don’t have the numbers that Bioware do. I really hope they are tracking those numbers and will consider some changes before too much damage is done.

The changes I would suggest are :

Lowbies bracket

1. Remove the win requirement for the warzone introductory mission

2. Change the win requirement for dailies and weeklies back to a points system. It used to be 1 point for a loss and 2 points for a win. Then increase the number of points needed to complete the daily / weekly.

(This allows people to advance their missions when losing isn’t their fault, because the queue match making system isn’t working or is making 3v4 matches constantly or putting sub lvl 20s vs lvl 40s.

3. Apply the same sort of system to the pvp conquest achievements too.

4. Lowbies is capped at lvl 42. To make it more fair and balanced, they could open up all abilities and utilities up to lvl 42 when you enter pvp. This would allow Lower lvls a better experience against players of higher lvl, like Lvl 42 vs lvl 10s

5. Reduce the deserter lock out timer to 8 mins for lowbies

6. Add small quantity of tech frags as rewards for wins

Mid bracket

1. Change the win requirement for dailies and weeklies back to a points system. Make Mids require 1 points for a loss and 3 points for a win. Obviously increase / scale up the number of points needed to complete the daily / weekly.

(This gives an incentive to win instead of AFKing and it still takes into account the matchmaking system isn’t perfect and losing isn’t always the individual players fault, ie when it puts all lvl 70+ vs all lvl 43+ on opposing teams).

2. Apply the same sort of system to the pvp conquest achievements too.

3. Mids is capped at lvl 74. This means you have lvl 43 vs lvl 74s (who can also have set bonus gear too).

3a. Adding set bonus pvp gear for Mids (on wearable in pvp).

3b. And allow all Lvls to have lvl 74 abilities and utilities available while in pvp. This would help balance the matches.

4. Reduce the deserter lockout timer to 8 mins for Mids

5. Add small quantity of tech frags as rewards for wins

Max lvl bracket

1. Change the win requirement back to a points system. But make it 1 point for a loss and 4 for a win. Then up scale the daily / weekly points requirement to balance the wins to the same as required now to achieve the missions.

2. Reduce the deserter lockout timer to 8 mins. But for each subsequent time you leave, It adds an extra minute to it till it’s capped at 20 mins.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herro~

. I don’t understand what the logic was behind this change but it’s forcing unranked zones closer to grouped matches because there just isn’t any way to win anymore without a team. PVP is one area where participation trophies are actually necessary for the community to be as welcoming as possible for new people and solo’ers. I know it means dragging useless people through every once and awhile but that’s not as bad as not being able to do it all.

I’d love to hear other people’s’ thoughts! Thanks 🙃

New Rules are Great for Rank. Problem with Unrank is that new players reach lv75 without knowing their class.

In terms of going against premade; well that as always been the case. Players that belong to a guild/like to play with each other will always premade that as always been the core of mmo games.

with the new rules players are now force to play for the entire match, which is great; before that wasn't the case; players just quit and still get credit for..

I am a solo player who looses most matches in Rank/Unrank and still love the new rules because the players have to finish the match. and if they quit or win trade by leaving the match they'll get penalize which i'm more than fine with them penalize/reported.

In my opinion players who argue against the new rules are those who use to benefit from the old ways.

Edited by Nahyeaa

The devs should make it so that the pvp match must be won to count ____if____ you're in a group. But if you're solo, then losses count toward your daily/weekly or whatever.

The reason is, groups are the ones must likely to be farmers who only want the HPS/DPS numbers in regs.

Edited by RACATW

The devs should make it so that the pvp match must be won to count ____if____ you're in a group. But if you're solo, then losses count toward your daily/weekly or whatever.

The reason is, groups are the ones must likely to be farmers who only want the HPS/DPS numbers in regs.

You will not likely get much support, but I think the suggestion has merit.

New Rules are Great for Rank. Problem with Unrank is that new players reach lv75 without knowing their class.

In terms of going against premade; well that as always been the case. Players that belong to a guild/like to play with each other will always premade that as always been the core of mmo games.

No, the problem is that players on pre-made teams often do the opposite. They farm numbers and are a detriment to the other four players on the team. Don't pretend as though this does not happen. I have seen it too many times on too many streams, and such behavior is defended by too many people in these forums for it to be denied. The defense is "they've played so many games they're bored and have found a new way to entertain themselves..."

They're effectively throwing the games because they do not care one way or the other for winning or losing..."it's just regs" is how they respond.

with the new rules players are now force to play

No, it deters them leaving early...it does not force them to play.

In my opinion players who argue against the new rules are those who use to benefit from the old ways.

opinions...:rolleyes:

Edited by Sappharan

Agree. It should not require a win considering it’s the first mission and the rewards are ear, implants and relics. All of which a new pvper at lvl 10 might not have yet. So they are already behind in stats (bolster doesn’t cover empty slots) and they are now expected to “win” to complete the introduction mission? This really is the most nonsensical decision by Bioware’s latest pvp changes.

Honestly, lowbies and Mids is dying again due to some of the pvp changes. Even lvl 75 participation is declining during the times I play. I obviously don’t have the numbers that Bioware do. I really hope they are tracking those numbers and will consider some changes before too much damage is done.

The changes I would suggest are :

Lowbies bracket

1. Remove the win requirement for the warzone introductory mission

2. Change the win requirement for dailies and weeklies back to a points system. It used to be 1 point for a loss and 2 points for a win. Then increase the number of points needed to complete the daily / weekly.

(This allows people to advance their missions when losing isn’t their fault, because the queue match making system isn’t working or is making 3v4 matches constantly or putting sub lvl 20s vs lvl 40s.

3. Apply the same sort of system to the pvp conquest achievements too.

4. Lowbies is capped at lvl 42. To make it more fair and balanced, they could open up all abilities and utilities up to lvl 42 when you enter pvp. This would allow Lower lvls a better experience against players of higher lvl, like Lvl 42 vs lvl 10s

5. Reduce the deserter lock out timer to 8 mins for lowbies

6. Add small quantity of tech frags as rewards for wins

Mid bracket

1. Change the win requirement for dailies and weeklies back to a points system. Make Mids require 1 points for a loss and 3 points for a win. Obviously increase / scale up the number of points needed to complete the daily / weekly.

(This gives an incentive to win instead of AFKing and it still takes into account the matchmaking system isn’t perfect and losing isn’t always the individual players fault, ie when it puts all lvl 70+ vs all lvl 43+ on opposing teams).

2. Apply the same sort of system to the pvp conquest achievements too.

3. Mids is capped at lvl 74. This means you have lvl 43 vs lvl 74s (who can also have set bonus gear too).

3a. Adding set bonus pvp gear for Mids (on wearable in pvp).

3b. And allow all Lvls to have lvl 74 abilities and utilities available while in pvp. This would help balance the matches.

4. Reduce the deserter lockout timer to 8 mins for Mids

5. Add small quantity of tech frags as rewards for wins

Max lvl bracket

1. Change the win requirement back to a points system. But make it 1 point for a loss and 4 for a win. Then up scale the daily / weekly points requirement to balance the wins to the same as required now to achieve the missions.

2. Reduce the deserter lockout timer to 8 mins. But for each subsequent time you leave, It adds an extra minute to it till it’s capped at 20 mins.

Agree Most definitely This is What we need