Class Story Packs

Alec_Fortescue

How about paid DLC-style class story packs which would feature continuation to our class stories?

Featuring new personal adversaries, friends and old allies alike? Sold in DLC-style similarly to Makeb and released over the year, perhaps in 3 month breaks. A story pack could feature two different chapter-long stories, one per mirror class. Which should result in about 10-15 hours of gameplay. There are so many planets in SWTOR at this stage that it would be reasonable and really cool to make those missions take place in some instanced areas, added for the purpose of story packs, on the existing worlds. In my opinion, using already existing worlds and adding few instances (you did it for the binocular quests!) would cut the costs. It would be also great if those story packs would include Theoretika or MacroBinonacular style of quests.

Do you really think it would be too expensive? This is totally in the style of Mass Effect / Dragon Age DLC (all that voice acting and new missions appear to be even more than I suggest for the mission packs) but here we could totally set on using plenty of the already existing assets.

I think it would be satisfying for all the lovers of personal stories. I really hate how it is going right now and Makeb-style shared stories are not satisfying for me.

In my opinion we're getting way too much cartel market stuff monthly. Maybe we could cut this by half and have cartel market team try making paid story content?

Regularly added class missions, spread over time like this, might work. Not to mention that releasing one smaller pack, instead of one huge one with stories for each class at once, would give some ground to test how well they can sell.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a great idea in theory but I worry about it's implementation. But I do want to remind you that we do in fact have a new daily area and new flashpoints so more actual stuff is coming. I supposed just not fast enough at times. But again I like your idea

/Support

I think its a great idea in theory but I worry about it's implementation. But I do want to remind you that we do in fact have a new daily area and new flashpoints so more actual stuff is coming. I supposed just not fast enough at times. But again I like your idea

/Support

I don't think this is so much a cry for more content, but more CLASS-SPECIFIC content. The only reason SWTOR has a stranglehold on my wallet and my free time over WoW is that, despite the same basic missions every planet, I get a whole storyline I've never played when I start a new class. Class missions are why I fell in love with this game, and knowing that the class-specific missions are most likely dead breaks my little Sithy heart. :(

Edited by shortchick

I don't think this is so much a cry for more content, but more CLASS-SPECIFIC content. The only reason SWTOR has a stranglehold on my wallet and my free time over WoW is that, despite the same basic missions every planet, I get a whole storyline I've never played when I start a new class. Class missions are why I fell in love with this game, and knowing that the class-specific missions are most likely dead breaks my little Sithy heart. :(

They are a big part of what's kept me around for so long now - and sadly they are pretty much at an end for me, my last two alts need to finish up a few more planets (well, one planet in one alt's case) and then I'm completely through all the Class stories.

Going through Makeb at least four more times holds very little appeal for me compared to the class stories.

So definitely /supported as well!

I'd buy those packs without a doubt, though it would be cool if they were handled the same way the Secret World handles their new missions.

Didn't expect positive responses, especially from Moonshadow ;]

As I said, cut the cartel market content in half and sell us class stories instead of new packs monthly.

Not sure how doable monthly would be, but I'd gladly settle for bi-monthly, or quarterly I suppose, compared to the current never again it'd still be a good deal.

Heck, if it worked out well enough they could hire on some additional folks to have a third team to work on them.

Didn't expect positive responses, especially from Moonshadow ;]

As I said, cut the cartel market content in half and sell us class stories instead of new packs monthly. We don't need to explore new planets.

Hey, just because I don't support every player suggestion I see doesn't mean I don't know quality posts. I call it as I see it.

• It's the same damn top as the Jedi Character at the starter window.
  • Ships are cooler than condos.
  • Treek sucks.
  • We need more story content.

Not sure how doable monthly would be, but I'd gladly settle for bi-monthly, or quarterly I suppose, compared to the current never again it'd still be a good deal.

Heck, if it worked out well enough they could hire on some additional folks to have a third team to work on them.

Of course monthly would be too fast. I suggest 2 class stories per 3 months with less cartel market content every month, but maybe a gambling pack could appear once every 1.5 month or 2 months.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I agree! We where promised an story MMO, and that was delivered, at first. The game is turning from the principle that sold it. Bring it back, I pay every month hoping too see it in the next expansion..

Well the point is that class stories - all the voicing and putting it together is quite expensive and your $10 a month doesn't really cut it. Imo they could be sold like DLC, similar to Makeb or Mass Effect / Dragon Age DLC. I think that pricing similar to Makeb would be appropriate if they would provide extra 10 hours of new adventures with two classes per pack. This time would obviously include going back and forth old places and fighting trash and it's similar to how long Makeb took as well.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

hey, just because i don't support every player suggestion i see doesn't mean i don't know quality posts. I call it as i see it.

• it's the same damn top as the jedi character at the starter window.
  • ships are cooler than condos.
  • treek sucks.
  • we need more story content.

moar!

Well the point is that class stories - all the voicing and putting it together is quite expensive and your $10 a month doesn't really cut it. Imo they could be sold like DLC, similar to Makeb or Mass Effect / Dragon Age DLC. I think that pricing similar to Makeb would be appropriate if they would provide extra 10 hours of new adventures with two classes per pack. This time would obviously include going back and forth old places and fighting trash and it's similar to how long Makeb took as well.

Throwing in my support for a class story pack. :)

I would actually suggest one class per pack, this way players who prefer to play one class over another won't have to deal with getting content for a class they don't particularly care for. Also add in a couple of companions complete with a story line of their own for the player to complete. (An option to change factions by following a story line would be nice as well as the ability to influence companions to either the Light Side or Dark Side.)

Edited by LadyNightArrow

While this is cool it's just not possible.

Remember that this is all fully voiced. Bioware have said that it takes a considerable amount of time to make 8 individual class stories. Also the voice actors and such may be working on other projects as well.

I was beat to it. hah

Edited by joshohelp

Remember that this is all fully voiced. Bioware have said that it takes a considerable amount of time to make 8 individual class stories. Also the voice actors and such may be working on other projects as well.

Well, they could hire the voice actors for the Bounty Hunter event, so why shouldn't they be able to do so for stuff we would actually pay for?

It's been confirmed several times that they're coming back by people who enjoy playing in the game files, plus companion VO actors have confirmed they have recorded lines. No need to split them up and sell them in piecemeal for triple the price, thanks.

In all honesty adding to the class stories should be free and remain free. That's one of the huge draws of the game leading your individual saga. It would just be a continuation of the story maybe adding an entire chapter 4 to the class stories perhaps which would add another 6+ hours of class quests and companion stories etc.

In all honesty adding to the class stories should be free and remain free. That's one of the huge draws of the game leading your individual saga. It would just be a continuation of the story maybe adding an entire chapter 4 to the class stories perhaps which would add another 6+ hours of class quests and companion stories etc.

Well I am pretty sure there is plenty of people willing to pay for class stories, treat them as dlc and expansions. And it's reasonable. In my opinion, the content we're getting as part of our sub is satisfying.

Buuut there' s been some, well, "rumors" recently that Bioware ain't done with class stories =] and interviews with voice actors help in keeping the hopes high.

Buuut there' s been some, well, "rumors" recently that Bioware ain't done with class stories =] and interviews with voice actors help in keeping the hopes high.

That's really awesome news! Any chance anyone has a link?

If it's true it's also more evidence that the game is indeed doing quite well for them to consider expanding on it like that. :D

I'm all for anything that brings back our individual class stories and companion story continuations. I'm sorry, I just can't get into Makeb like content the same way. I did it, I think 5 times, and I can't stomach going back there right yet.

I want to see what happens to our individual characters classes. I have 22 toon, and I've explored every bloody thing you can pretty much explore. I've been hanging on, it gets tough some times, when the only thing to do is grind money and buy crap. I miss talking to my companions. Those class stories are what distinguished this game from all others, and I LOVE IT. That's why I'm still here....been here since before launch, and subbed ever since, so please please please listen to us when we ask for this.

Like Callaron said, its because of the stories we stay...we need more, cause we're running out of what keeps us going!

Edit: I know Joe Gatt, who does Lord Scourge's voice, is going back in for more studio work to record, so I'm hopeful, we'll get something. *crosses fingers*

Edited by Lunafox

How about paid DLC-style class story packs which would feature continuation to our class stories?

Featuring new personal adversaries, friends and old allies alike? Sold in DLC-style similarly to Makeb and released over the year, perhaps in 3 month breaks. A story pack could feature two different chapter-long stories, one per mirror class. Which should result in about 10-15 hours of gameplay. There are so many planets in SWTOR at this stage that it would be reasonable and really cool to make those missions take place in some instanced areas, added for the purpose of story packs, on the existing worlds. In my opinion, using already existing worlds and adding few instances (you did it for the binocular quests!) would cut the costs. It would be also great if those story packs would include Theoretika or MacroBinonacular style of quests.

Makeb is not a DLC pack it is an expansion much like Burning Crusade for WoW

I consider DLC to be like DCUO power and weapons dlc, like the cathars for example

Something like extended class stories should be implement in an expansion or a patch

If it should be a DLC then subs should get it free and scrubs should pay for it

although im not disagreeing for more story content but i remeber seeing something about it being difficult to do seperate class stories in the future

Edited by xAZUREx

Makeb is dlc. Price and its content are nothing close to expansions for many other games, even mmos and especially the Burning Crusade. This comparison is just wow....

+ it's only downloadable which turns it into DLC - downloadable content.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue