Allow Reverse-Engineering of Battlemaster Orange Gear

Paitum

I have crafted 30+ War Hero and Battlemaster orange gear and so far have only had 1 crit, therefore I have 29+ pieces of gear that I can't reverse-engineer for mats! Each of these pieces of gear take ~11 Zal Alloy and ~5 Ciridium (+other mats). The only thing I can do with the non-crit orange gear is sell it for 1 credit. ONE CREDIT!

This is a very VERY unrewarding game mechanic.

On a side note, at this rate, each player that wishes to get a full set of Battlemaster gear, will need upwards of 3 million credits.

This is in fact something we are working on at the moment.

Are you working on the set bonus issue associated with War Hero and Battlemaster orange shells as well? Why give us the option to critically craft orange BM gear if when we transfer mods we lose the set bonus associated with the BM gear? The Bioware team is saying it only applies to War Hero and Campaign mods, so then why orange BM shells? Also, why not allow the Rakata set bonus to transfer as well? I am not understanding the logic behind this.

I do hope this applies to all crafted oranges, not just the battlemaster set. I expect that it does, as it would make sense.

yeah, so far I sell all non augmented stuff for 1 credit to NPC as no one will buy it in GTN.

Are those with low amount of crits using companions with maxxed affection?

I realize we all have a unique experience with the stats involved, but I have crafted about 10 War Hero pieces and have had exactly 3 crits... but I'm only using companions with max affection to craft them.

I do agree still though, it would be useful if we could RE the pieces that don't crit.

Are you working on the set bonus issue associated with War Hero and Battlemaster orange shells as well? Why give us the option to critically craft orange BM gear if when we transfer mods we lose the set bonus associated with the BM gear? The Bioware team is saying it only applies to War Hero and Campaign mods, so then why orange BM shells? Also, why not allow the Rakata set bonus to transfer as well? I am not understanding the logic behind this.

You are misunderstanding the situation. The set bonuses are not lost when transferred from War Hero/Campaign gear into orange gear. The restriction is that older set bonuses, such as battlemaster, centurion, rakata, columni, and tionese are lost when the armoring is transferred out of the original gear into orange modable gear.

The new set armorings were designed specifically so that they could be transferred, but this idea only arose after the previous tiers of gear were implemented, thus why you cannot transfer the old armorings without losing the set bonus. The Rakata and below gear never had the set bonus tied to the armoring, and thus it would require a lot of programming to update what already exists (essentially changing nearly every single piece of gear owned by every level 50 who has been 50 for a month or more).

I don't have any issue with the Rakata armorings and below not being transferrable, as I'm overjoyed that the feature exists at all. All future gear will follow this trend, meaning that from now on, all my new gear will look exactly how I want it to.

TLDR: The "shell" that you place the armoring into has nothing to do with whether or not an armoring keeps or loses any associated set bonus.

Edited by Craftamancer

Hi George,

Any word on the ETA of when orange crafted can be RE or dissassembled to get a return on mats of non crit crafted gear...

I have two full bays of non crit crafted gear and selling them to a vendor @ $1 is not my ideal return for investment and currently with limited sale potential on the GTN I'm using it and my mailbox as storage...

Would really like to know when this will be an option so I can get some of the materials I've expended back...

Cheers