what is going to make EC NiM different from EC HM?

or it could be like the current NiM of the other ops....bosses have more health and hit harder....timer for meaningless title -- have fun -- now back to coding in changes to the icons for the other 37 smuggler skills that no one asked for or cares about

Hard mode right now requires coordination between members of the raid to complete specific mechanics in order to succeed. You will often hear members calling out events in order for others to pick up a specific role to survive. Often times, specific individuals will take on these roles because they are are considered capable of consistently completing the roles in an effective manor.

Nightmare mode takes this approach one step further where every member will be required to complete specific roles where if one person falters, the raid will wipe. It will no longer be possible for only half the raid to shine through and accomplish the challenging tasks.

They did say they will have new mechanics. I fully imagine stuff like a debuff that if you taunt one tank you can't retaunt him until the debuff is gone, or periodic knockbacks off the tanks or three sets of shields on the tanks. Maybe on T&Z there are periodic mini Drook adds that come up. Possible a third interrupt needed in the mine field or more turrets or the squares behind you turn red after you defuse the next bomb.

You know, easy stuff like that ;)

Well I don't know what they're going to do but I can tell you what I'd do:

1. All mobs are immune to cc

2. Zorn and Toth will randomly become untauntable during the fight

3. The shields that drop during F&B will move during the shield phase forcing you to fight on the run.

4. The Probe Droid overload and cleave are now .5 seconds faster (rather than adding in a 3rd thing to interrupt).

5. Colonel Vorgath will randomly leap to whoever has the lowest threat.

7. The 3 droids from the Kephess fight will use an ability that makes them resistant to damage (8 stacks = unkillable).

8. The bomb walkers will use a knockback at 50% health.

6. Kephess will slow anyone he hits with a non-cleansable debuff and will stun whoever has the highest thread at 20% and 10% health.

Now that's what I'm hope for:)

Edited by AshlaBoga

We've already seen one NiM mechanic, the 3 droids at the start of the fight are "bugged" to have their induction .5 seconds faster and become immune to damage at 5 stacks, which is actually an accidental leak from NiM mechanic testing. I hope they think of some challenging mechanics to add in because frankly this is very easy to counter and very boring.

It does make me worry, since someone suggested making Zorn and Toth immune to taunts at stages throughout the fight, as this mechanic is and has been present in EC HM since day one. Secondly i'd like to have them set their enrage timers so I don't have to restrict my skill set to strike, overload saber, slash and cauterize to not overlap fight phases in Zorn and Toth despite their "fix."

I'm hoping EC NiM only focuses on half of the DG set pieces (the tastier ones) and incorporates more earpiece/implant drops, given their cost.

I'm hoping EC NiM only focuses on half of the DG set pieces (the tastier ones) and incorporates more earpiece/implant drops, given their cost.

Just checked the loot drops for HM TfB, man we're going to be REing all the way! Seriously, anything that can be taken a part for a schematic, WILL be taken apart for a schematic, cause I am not farming HM Terror for 4 months to get BiS.

• Dev Post
I asked Jesse Sky to tell us a little about how Nightmare Mode is going to differ from the existing Hard Mode for EC. He said that the numbers have been tuned up in every fight, and mechanics in every fight have been modified - in some cases, there are new mechanics that players will have to learn. The differences aren't extreme, but they present new challenges in every boss encounters, and the rewards are much more appropriate for the difficulty (unlike in previous Nightmare Modes).

I asked Jesse Sky to tell us a little about how Nightmare Mode is going to differ from the existing Hard Mode for EC. He said that the numbers have been tuned up in every fight, and mechanics in every fight have been modified - in some cases, there are new mechanics that players will have to learn. The differences aren't extreme, but they present new challenges in every boss encounters, and the rewards are much more appropriate for the difficulty (unlike in previous Nightmare Modes).

It might be worth revisiting the gear levels that drop as well. I think before it was determined that it will be the same ilvl as HM TFB. Through the use of reverse engineering I know a lot if guilds will be in full 63s in the very near future through this feature alone. This provides little incentive with regards to drops. Obviously completing a difficult encounter is a great incentive but there's not much longevity in that reward.

Any update on incentives outside of gear if previous information still stands?

I expect it'll take a raid week for those that cleared HM TFB to clear NiM EC. Then it's going to be pretty much faceroll after that unless they bring in new bugs to the operation (which happens every single patch). So really, instead of breathing a sigh of relief because you finally finished doing your umpteenth faceroll clear of HM EC and now can just farm HM TFB, you now have to go back to EC and stare at all the same mobs and bosses again... and die a little bit on the inside. Edited by Lostpenguins

I really hope that Bioware revisits their difficulty settings in the near future. The vertical gear progression we've got at the moment is severely hurting the raiding community, especially combined with the ramp up in difficulty for EC and TFB hard modes.

Whilst I can appreciate the need for nightmare modes for the hardcore raiders, you have to realise that the difficulty level of EC HM is just way above the average raider, let alone TFB HM. By making it heavily reliant on gear as well as skill you make the barrier for progression too high for the average raider. This is resulting in segregation of the community in to the skilled "haves" and the less skilled "have nots".

Please, if you can, try to smooth out difficulty levels of raids so that there is a proper curve for raiders to progress on.

(For the record, im one of the "haves" - in full campaign/bh and got first 2 bosses in TFB HM done. I'm also a raid leader of a guild that includes all skill levels and am struggling to help the "less abled" get through the hard raids).

It would be interesting to know what will make Nightmatre Mode fun or enjoyable.

The insentive seams to some sort of impossible setting that any mistake will be punished and we will have to watch more Utube videos of new mechanics as if there are any mistakes by anoyone in the raid will result in a wipe.

I would rather nightmare mode was such because the lockout happens if you wipe. So it requires keeping the ops group to work together and keep everyone alive rather than wipes becoming the norm as one person makes a mistake or bizare mechanics having be practised and worked out.

Just making it harder and more unforgiving does little to stop avoid skipping trash mobs or make NiM better to play.

Not really new info, but it is a little more in depth :) much appreciated. I'm wondering however, is Nightmare EV and KP still going to be revamped or will it be left as it is? I wouldn't really mind either way, since it's the first tier there's nothing wrong with it being pretty easy, but it would be cool so go back there to find the fights to be a little different and challenging ^^

It would be interesting to know what will make Nightmatre Mode fun or enjoyable.

The insentive seams to some sort of impossible setting that any mistake will be punished and we will have to watch more Utube videos of new mechanics as if there are any mistakes by anoyone in the raid will result in a wipe.

I would rather nightmare mode was such because the lockout happens if you wipe. So it requires keeping the ops group to work together and keep everyone alive rather than wipes becoming the norm as one person makes a mistake or bizare mechanics having be practised and worked out.

Just making it harder and more unforgiving does little to stop avoid skipping trash mobs or make NiM better to play.

Gee and from the description of it right now...that's what it seems like so....sounds like your getting what you wish for.

Wait, you want guilds to be locked out from the Operation if they wipe? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. There is absolutely no friggin way in hell that anyone would complete an Operation if they were locked out after a single wipe. The point of Operations having mechanics that need to be learned through wiping is so that everyone in the Operation works together and doesn't mess up. Forcing people to wait until reset the following week would do very little towards making people work together; in fact, if they did that I'm positive that the person that messed up would be /gkicked and flamed. Also, if there was no mechanics to learn then the Operation wouldn't be fun at all.

It might be worth revisiting the gear levels that drop as well. I think before it was determined that it will be the same ilvl as HM TFB. Through the use of reverse engineering I know a lot if guilds will be in full 63s in the very near future through this feature alone. This provides little incentive with regards to drops. Obviously completing a difficult encounter is a great incentive but there's not much longevity in that reward.

Any update on incentives outside of gear if previous information still stands?

So it would be top gear for everyone while gear and satisfaction from achievement for some. Seems like everyone would eventually be satisfied in time appropriate to their progression pace and play style.

I hope however that EC NiM bar will prevent from clearing content in the first week, e.g. gear check boss could be tuned to require to gather few of these Mastercraft 27 mods listed in TORhead which could be local non REable drops.

Edited by BogyOne