Community Blog: Ilum PvP issues

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news! This is what I was hoping for and it is definitely the best way to handle it. Not everyone deserves to be punished for the exploits of a few.

I hope you get everyone who participated in the exploit and I hope they learn a lesson.

Thanks for all your support on this Bioware, you have done a great job handling things despite what all the naysayers might think.

Funny that he posts this after the biggest star wars fan site out there bashes the hell out of Ilum and its design.

Sounds like a bunch of damage control to me.

And that is bad how? It's a game bugs happen, the base camping portion was a bug. Of course they are controlling damage...

Edited by Nitrosnwbrdr

Funny that he posts this after the biggest star wars fan site out there bashes the hell out of Ilum and its design.

Sounds like a bunch of damage control to me.

I figured he posted to quell any rumors of BW ignoring it altogether as it seems that the fan site is suggesting. So he has a right to post to counter such accusations.

Now the site either sticks with the story, acknowledges that BW is doing something about it or admit they were just flying off the deep end with no life jacket.

Edited by Fizbanic

This sort of thing takes time to sort out. Other than some minor glitches, I personally have had no real issues with the game, but so far I've been focused mostly on PVE. I do see there are some PvP issues, so I've been slowing down my playtime a bit to delay getting to the endgame until it gets worked out.

Despite the fact that players have had time to post thousands of complaints, it's only been a couple days, and measured in real time not QQ time, the response on this and other issues leaves me reasonably confident these issues will be worked out.

Nice to see that you atleast Claim to be doing something against the exploiters. Now all we need is some atual evidence that punishment has been dealt.

Also, you lack to discuss the core problem at all. That is how you will actually fix Ilum!

You claim that fighting has become better, which it undoubtfully have, on a varied degree from server to server. But you do not talk anything about how the sides have started to swap aoe kills with each other.

Again, the forums and other sites are full of threads and videos of this. Hell, even some of the gaming sites have been reporting about this in articles.

So what you have basically just done in over two days is: Attempt to fix ilum without any real result, and turned the "one side zergs the other" into a "both sides trade kills with each other" situation.

Why do I get the feeling that the problem that is Ilum have just begun?

I figured he posted to quell any rumors of BW ignoring it altogether as it seems that the fan site is suggesting. So he has a right to post to counter such accusations.

Now the site either sticks with the story, acknowledges that BW is doing something about it or admit they were just flying off the deep end with no life jacket.

Well whatever that fan site said or whatever they respond now is irrelevant.

They were at least able to get an acceptable response from BW and if they were truly the reason that BW felt like they needed to say something then the fan site did an incredible job.

Whatever happens next with that fan site is really not important imo because their action generated a reaction which was the whole point I'm sure.

Why wasn't this post made the DAY OF the incident. A post like this would have avoided much of the screaming we've had over the last few days.

This very lilely was written the day of the incident. With a large game company you can't just have someone write up a large piece of communication and immediately push it to the public.

While I still can't understand how BW didn't think of what would happen when deploying the patch and why they simply didn't shut down servers to prevent all the damage, I appreciate that they will take the time to fix the excessive valor gain of individuals (if they actually do it for real), so thank you for that.

Let this be a lesson to their game designers and managers so it will hopefully won't happen again.

Also, good luck with making Ilum relevant. It seems like a complex issue to slove.

Edited by Joeymtl

This sort of thing takes time to sort out. Other than some minor glitches, I personally have had no real issues with the game, but so far I've been focused mostly on PVE. I do see there are some PvP issues, so I've been slowing down my playtime a bit to delay getting to the endgame until it gets worked out.

Despite the fact that players have had time to post thousands of complaints, it's only been a couple days, and measured in real time not QQ time, the response on this and other issues leaves me reasonably confident these issues will be worked out.

I'll be honest, the only problems I've had with this game have nothing to do with bugs of any sort, to me they are so minor I am not that bothered. Yeah cool down problems in PvP can be annoying sometimes but for the most part I'm button mashing anyway.

Believe it or not the biggest problem I have with this game is some of the people playing it, for the most part the community has been fantastic in game... the forum is a little different, but in game it's mosly fine... It's annoying to have all these impatient people because something isn't perfect. Well I'm sorry to break it to these people but... No game is, and as you say these things take time, they have to fine the problem, find out whats causing it then they have to fix it. If anyone has ever done programming of any sort before they know you can't just instantly fix it, lines of code have to be read, added or removed, changed and tested, yet so many people just don't realise this. At the end of the day, it's still a program.

And my last problem is that my PC is a pile of crap, but hey... That's up to me to fix ;)

Good News.

I did my dailie the day that it was changed. But when I got there peopel just started killing the turret after that I left cause I got my daily complete :p

Anyways, good news is going on here :). Now people can see that they just have need of a little patience and everything works out ^^.

This is stupid. Bioware makes a horrible mechanic for Ilum then blames the players that took advantage of the horrible mechanic. It reminds me of 4th grade when we made our own games on the playground, got beat at them, then blamed the kids that won the games we made. Go ahead and change the rules again Bioware, and when you end up crying because your game is broken try to remember it's your fault. Full disclosure: I'm not one of the people talented enough to farm valor, my PC can't even handle the 150 people fighting at the base at once anyway, so I'm not upset because bioware changed a mechanic i was good at. It's just ****** to punish the player-base because the highly esteemed design team somehow didn't see this coming.

Looks like Bioware is choosing to ignore the issues still present in Ilum.

Because currently things are fixed and working as intended in their eyes.

Which is why the fanboys will get the "Quiet Time" they so desire starting tomorrow.

I wonder if they'll have the patience they're asking US to have when the inevitable cries for server merges begin.

Gonna be fun to watch.

Hello everyone! We've posted a new blog from Jeff Hickman that talks more about this week's PvP issues on Ilum. Click here to read the blog!

What a joke. You guys have no respect for your customers. You only penalize, instead of taking responsibility for your actions. They only played this way because you broke the game and made it that way.

You repeatedly make me sick by saying how you are going to 'take action' against the players.

I am not saying that the Valor shouldn't be removed, but leave it at that. You guys are the ones who messed up in the first place, so stop screwing over your profit margin. Show a little respect when you talk to us, some of the things you say are just shocking coming from a company who wants us as customers.