Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

:rolleyes:

Most of my guild do read the forums but just because ppl don't read the forum does not mean they don't care. And BW has the responsibility to let its customers know of a big changes like this.

yeah that is true, but you can't expect them to release something that everyone will see until they are 100% sure its going ahead as expected.

So I get your point, but at the end of the day, something that affects so many, needs to be done the right way.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that is true, but you can't expect them to release something that everyone will see until they are 100% sure its going ahead as expected.

So I get your point, but at the end of the day, something that affects so many, needs to be done the right way.

That is why I asked 'when' are they doing it because 2.2 is only about 3 weeks away, they don't have a lot of time left. I guess the answer is 'soon'.

Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I don’t have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric

Thanks Eric!

Now would also be a great time to layout whats going to happen with things like Guild Banks and even guilds themselves during transfers?

And I know the community has a ton of other questions.

Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I don’t have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric

You just don't get it do you. We don't want to move.

Hey folks,

-eric

>Log on to The Bastion

>See this

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/i_wish_i_had_a_username/Screenshot_2013-05-23_13_46_10_224418.jpg

You're letting your NA players know about the change but I'm still explaining to people I meet EVERY DAY about the server transfer who had absolutely no idea about it.

Also you still do not get it. This will NOT be the best user experience, you know as well as I do that this is about saving a penny and will not provide us with a user experience as optimal as an APAC super server

People are going to complain no matter what bioware does, end of story

This is completely untrue, if they merged the servers and gave an optional free transfer, do you truly believe you would have heard a single word not including the positive ones?

Edited by Dredead

Bioware are heading to PAX Australia. Maybe it's time we organized a rebellion of our own?

So they are heading to a huge gaming conference/festival, where they can spread the game to Australians, where they can advertise for free, and yet, are still merging the servers before this, when they could wait for the population increase after it, use it as a marketing tool, seriously who makes the decisions there...

Is it me or does that not make any sense

Hey folks,

-eric

I am one for a APAC super server but i know thats not going to happen because reason for this merger isn't about the APAC Consolidation at all they just trying to save some cash

but Eric ty for speaking up and not leaving us in the dark even tho you can't say anything for certain

now to all you fuzz posts complaining about latency here are rating on how your experience will be depend on your latency

150-250 ms - Excellent - you won't be able to tell the difference between 200 ms and 20 ms

250-400 ms - Very Good - you may notice that some things like opening window i.e mail message takes 1-2 secs longer to appear or when two players go for item one will be a sec faster than the other but still good quality

under 500ms - Good - you find high populated areas like the fleet to be laggy but plants,fp,ops to be good game experience

over 500 ms - Ok - be similar to under 500 ms but more laggy with less ppl in one spot

1000 ms - you may need to use latency reducing software to get to ok/good quality

another type of lag that is in this game is graphical lag which can be reduce to none with the right profile for the game and your graphic card which i use and it has made world of difference even on the apac server, the conversation load instantly. i can post a guide on what i ve learned with custom profile settings for this game

Thanks Eric!

Now would also be a great time to layout whats going to happen with things like Guild Banks and even guilds themselves during transfers?

And I know the community has a ton of other questions.

this has already been answered b4, the guild information and bank will stay intact so your guild won't be affected by the transfer as long as you all choose the same server of course :)

Edited by xxpcwizardxx

>Log on to The Bastion

>See this

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/i_wish_i_had_a_username/Screenshot_2013-05-23_13_46_10_224418.jpg

You're letting your NA players know about the change but I'm still explaining to people I meet EVERY DAY about the server transfer who had absolutely no idea about it.

Also you still do not get it. This will NOT be the best user experience, you know as well as I do that this is about saving a penny and will not provide us with a user experience as optimal as an APAC super server

This is completely untrue, if they merged the servers and gave an optional free transfer, do you truly believe you would have heard a single word not including the positive ones?

They said there isn't enough people to make a super server. So people would start complaing again about lack of population. They are just skipping the step of merging apac because they know what will happen. Yeah, I wish they could bring more players in with advertising so you all could keep your server.

Im curious if they brought chinese players in if that would save apac servers...

No. Chinese get a noticeably lower ping from West Coast USA than from Australia. It's painful to play on APAC from Asia except for a few South East Asian countries.

No. Chinese get a noticeably lower ping from West Coast USA than from Australia. It's painful to play on APAC from Asia except for a few South East Asian countries.

i can confirm this. APAC servers= 450ms, US west coast = 264 ms, LOGIC

Edited by darthnish

Moved on from this game when they announced this US migration. I will definitely take any opportunity given at PAX to let them know I have no intention of spending a single cent with Bioware ever again over this.

You guys don't have enough players to warrant making a super server, that is not really Bioware's fault. Well I suppose you can make the case that it is, but given that fact it is not unreasonable for them to want to move you to servers that are actually profitable for them.

Also you guys are severely exaggerating the ping issue. Back in WoW we had an Aussie guildy on our EAST COAST server and he never complained about any lag and his performance was never influenced by lag.

Also you guys are severely exaggerating the ping issue. Back in WoW we had an Aussie guildy on our EAST COAST server and he never complained about any lag and his performance was never influenced by lag.

+1 i played wow for years on 300 ms latency and there was no lag what so ever and with swtor on the west coast server i get a stable 182 ms and i can't see any lag what so ever, it runs as smoothly as apac server so latency isn't an issue with me

and to that troll who called me an idiot, its easy to mock some1 without given a reason for it and i know what latency is buddy

latency is the time measured to get between a source and its destination in sending and receiving packets.

i would just pointing out that you won't be able to tell the difference with <= 200 ms and there are as i said other types of lag in this game 1 is graphics, as people have notice bioware haven''t optimize this game correctly and with some graphic profile settings set you can make it better and your performance should improve

i know how u people think you think that 200 ms is bigger number 20 ms and that it 10th of sec more than it was before but your not going to be able to notice that 10th of sec so no beggy and for those who want to know if there latency is good for west coast check my rating system and find your latency by making a toon in the realm u wish to go in

i m not going to say anymore on latency as many people in this forum are un educated and start flame wars when they are in the wrong to begin with

Edited by xxpcwizardxx

@xxpcwizardxx

Would be keen to have a read of your guide for optimizing graphics performance for the game. If you have written it and have a link could you please post it? I play the game from NZ coincidentally to the Harbinger and usually sit at less than 200ms latency. I do get lag spikes but from what I understand so does everyone.

+1 i played wow for years on 300 ms latency and there was no lag what so ever and with swtor on the west coast server i get a stable 182 ms and i can't see any lag what so ever, it runs as smoothly as apac server so latency isn't an issue with me

and to that troll who called me an idiot, its easy to mock some1 without given a reason for it and i know what latency is buddy

latency is the time measured to get between a source and its destination in sending and receiving packets.

i would just pointing out that you won't be able to tell the difference with <= 200 ms and there are as i said other types of lag in this game 1 is graphics, as people have notice bioware haven''t optimize this game correctly and with some graphic profile settings set you can make it better and your performance should improve

i know how u people think you think that 200 ms is bigger number 20 ms and that it 10th of sec more than it was before but your not going to be able to notice that 10th of sec so no beggy and for those who want to know if there latency is good for west coast check my rating system and find your latency by making a toon in the realm u wish to go in

i m not going to say anymore on latency as many people in this forum are un educated and start flame wars when they are in the wrong to begin with

I'm sorry xxpcwizardxx, but my experience playing WoW for years at 300+ms lag was significantly different. And it was due to network latency. Bioware, at least in the public statements they made prior to the APAC release, must have agree with this, as they said that they couldn't provided an acceptable game experience for our region without local servers.

And a word of advice - if you wish to avoid starting flame wars, perhaps using less inflammatory language might assist.

So they are heading to a huge gaming conference/festival, where they can spread the game to Australians, where they can advertise for free, and yet, are still merging the servers before this, when they could wait for the population increase after it, use it as a marketing tool, seriously who makes the decisions there...

Is it me or does that not make any sense

You do know that Bioware makes other games, right? They aren't just coming to PaxAus for SWTOR. I'm as bummed out at the transfers as anyone, but if it has to happen, it may as well happen quickly.

One of the reasons this whole process has taken so g-dd-mn long is because they decided to sit on their hands while F2P was rolled out, to see what effect that would have on the numbers. Suggesting that they spend more time seeing what happens after a convention, giving us another month or two in limbo? That there makes no sense.