I did Collicoid War Games (Normal) tonight

With a group of ''in range people''

What can I say....

1)It took around 30 minutes to fill up the group, but it was mostly because we started at midnight. It still reasonnable. The instance took 1 hour and 10 minutes to do, which is once again pretty ressonable.

2)The instance was reasonnably challenging for a healer leveling (41)

3)I enjoyed it a LOT. It was Stawarsy (do you know that the Colicoids created the sphere droids of Clone Wars ?), and there was really creative mechanics in part 2 of the instance.

This was the first time in a long time that I did a instance ''normally'' in TOR, and I really enjoyed it. To once again state it, when you can find people, TOR is a blast.

Edited by Angedechu

For the love of Yoda I could not beat it. This was about 3 months ago when I was "in level" but I tried about 6 times in a row and we kept wiping at the turret stage and eventually gave up. Probably never figured out the strategy. Read about it, figured it out, but by then my toon had leveled up greying it out and I never went back to it. And nobody wants to group with a lvl50 do to their OP due to the penalty in XP. I guess I'm SOL?

With a group of ''in range people''

What can I say....

1)It took around 30 minutes to fill up the group, but it was mostly because we started at midnight. It still reasonnable. The instance took 1 hour and 10 minutes to do, which is once again pretty ressonable.

2)The instance was reasonnably challenging for a healer leveling (41)

3)I enjoyed it a LOT. It was Stawarsy (do you know that the Colicoids created the sphere droids of Clone Wars ?), and there was really creative mechanics in part 2 of the instance.

This was the first time in a long time that I did a instance ''normally'' in TOR, and I really enjoyed it. To once again state it, when you can find people, TOR is a blast.

TOR does PvE fine... in fact its PVE is probably best PVE of any MMO though i'd wager DCUO gives it a run for its money(if your into comics) some of the story arcs in that are pretty out there. That said most of TORs issue stem from bugs, and terrible class design/balancing ... while some of the classes are cool if your a long time MMO player, you quickly can piece together core aspects of each class either feel lacking, or poorly constructed... PVP is just a mess in general but then that is always to be expected.

Tried doing this and it was blazing instant hate after about the third or fourth wipe of the team. We had a level 50 along but even the guides for this talk about "remember that only one person has to survive the turret stages, and that's usually the tank"...

Even shooting the ranged drones first, with the team I was in there was no way to survive. Everyone was either appropriate size or wildly oversize and it was a nightmare.

Either we played different FP's or it tunes its enemy creation speed to the size of the largest participant... because in the group I was in it was impossible. I gave up after six or so wipes.

Nobody wants to group with a lvl50 do to their OP due to the penalty in XP. I guess I'm SOL?

Find a team more interested in social points than xp. My server usually has a few doing random flashpoints - but I admit I don't recall how many conversations are in Collicoid.

What you want to do for the turret stage is have the healer stand in the middle and keep everyone else topped off. The other three players should be able to blast away at all the critters pouring in Starship Troopers style.

What you want to do for the turret stage is have the healer stand in the middle and keep everyone else topped off. The other three players should be able to blast away at all the critters pouring in Starship Troopers style.

this usually seems to be working better than having all 4 at the turrets, indeed.

I once was nearly raging doing colicoid. we had some guy with us (a lvl 50, no less) who thought that even after the third fail try and us repeatedly telling him to use the turrets instead of fighting the mobs himself, wouldn't give up trying. it was quite frustrating, because obviously once he started using the turrets he kept moving still ... it was quite funny, thinking back.:eek:

"remember that only one person has to survive the turret stages, and that's usually the tank"...

The turret fight is very very simple and here's how. Have each member shoot across the middle towards the person across from them.

For example I will use N, E, S, W

N fires S , S fires N, E to W and W to E, you get sooo much more coverage this way and everyone can see almost the entire field and react. Every 1 has 3 other people watching their back. Try it and save yourselves some headaches.

The turret fight is very very simple and here's how. Have each member shoot across the middle towards the person across from them.

For example I will use N, E, S, W

N fires S , S fires N, E to W and W to E, you get sooo much more coverage this way and everyone can see almost the entire field and react. Every 1 has 3 other people watching their back. Try it and save yourselves some headaches.

Alternatively you can aim out and cover more than 90 degrees with the healer in the middle to keep people alive.

If you do this the most important thing to get used to is using your minimap as every enemy is a red dot on there giving you a complete overview of the whole fight.

A lot of people do the turret section wrong. They keep their backs together and fire in the default position of turret. What you should do is look in another players direction, clockwise. So 12-3-6-9. Target range first, if you kill everything in your area help out in another area. If players are getting hurt to much have the healer hop off and heal. It is simple.

Sometimes i feel like the FPs are more developed than the OPs. Now im not saying the OPs are boring or not challenging but the FPs seem to do things diffrently then just rage meters, BW should take some points fromtheir FPs switch it up and put it in their OPs. (example the turret parts or the cool mechanics from the bosses in Lost Island.)