So who has been RPing?

Yospeck

I brought some rp with me to the server in the form of a few scattered friends, and I wish folk would stop telling others when to rp.

Rp is a creative process, I don't tell you to drop and give me 10 lines of poetry you don't tell me to drop and give you a deep character building rp session. Each server will find it's own personality. This is how it works. Some folk rp out the gate, some rp only at level cap, some spend all their time in crafted scenes.

None if it is wrong, ALL of it encourages more.

I've had a few guild chat RP...not much else, I think others are using the "Too early to RP" clause out in public so everything for me RP wise has been done in guild chat. FUN NEVER THE LESS with my RP...army recruiter is like JOIN UP! Im like but im a dishonorable discharge...GOOD SOLDIERS FOLLOW ORDERS...Dead soldiers followed order to the R.

So yea my Ex-SAR Trooper now turned Mercenary is going well. OH and he drinks...and loves to drink, hell theres a family tradition of making armors and his prices are mostly the material and one case of alcohol, the better/rarity of/stronger the brew the better the armor will be.

Edited by Bobinator

I finally had a chance to slow down and smell the Alderaanian roses last night. I ran the Essles quest with my Scoundrel, and I partied up with three strangers. While it was mostly run 'n gun due to the hectic pace of the mission, I was adding a few colourful comments at the beginning like;

"This is the fun shuttle boys, hope you brought your motion sickness bags."

I was trying to find my voice, and sprinkle something fun in before the action.

Afterwards, I finally just sat down at a cantina in Carrick Station, and did some people watching, as my next trip is to Coruscant, and I know I'll have a ton of exploring to do there.

Eventually a Jedi (Rendron?) came along who was willing to share a drink with me (water, ha!). We discussed the points of view of the war between a Jedi and an independant.

He was a Mirakulan, and he told me he was sensing my "alignment" using his race's abilities, so I gave him my Light/Dark score, and then he reacted to that in-character based on my comments, which was fun.

I had told some of my in-person friends that I don't want to race to the end, and I want to be able to sit in a cantina and not feel like I am wasting time, but just enjoy the ambiance. I know I could join a rp-Guild, but between work and family, my time to play can be limited, so I don't want to make a commitement to a group I can't keep.

Just my .02 credits.

I've done some in guild RP, seen a bit happening around me. Mostly I've been doing quests though, since I want to see the game.

As more people join the game and get settled, you'll see more of it... I'll also do more as some of my friends who aren't in game yet get in.

I have seen a few people walking around. That's the hallmark of a roleplayer, am I right?

I myself have not yet roleplayed, though. The fact that there are no chat bubbles ruins the immersion for me entirely, so until they are in the game I'm just going to ignore /say and roleplaying altogether.

Might be a year or two.