Reverse Engineer (RE)/Underworld Schematics

Pheasant

Howdy,

I know we can RE green items (we can make) & discover Blue schematics.

Same for Blue to Purple.

What about Purple to ??? or is Purple the highest we can go with a particular item?

I also heard a rumor about Underworld trading returning schematics...is this the only place those can come from?

Pheasant

Howdy,

I know we can RE green items (we can make) & discover Blue schematics.

Same for Blue to Purple.

What about Purple to ??? or is Purple the highest we can go with a particular item?

I also heard a rumor about Underworld trading returning schematics...is this the only place those can come from?

Pheasant

Depends on the purple. Someone somewhere has a nice detailed explanation of REing in their sig, and if they happen to post here definitely check it out.

But it basically goes like this (95% sure I'm right).

If you started with a green, the purple will not be REable for anything better (i.e. green -> (tier 1 name) blue -> (tier 2 name) purple.

If you started with a blue, such as the mentalist bracers, it goes blue -> (t1 name purple) -> (tier 2 name) purple

And UT is the only way to get schematics other than the AH as far as I know.\

Edit: N/m, forgot that there are some dropped patterns as well. I think I've gotten one to drop so far

Edited by Hammerreborn

The RE guide doesn't seem to specify higher than purple. I've created what I think is the highest I can go, and I'm only lvl 18. It doesn't take long, maybe 30 minutes of RE/crafting back and forth.

Orange is exclusively the realm of Underworld Trading. For the first 100 levels I received nothing, now I receive a schematic (not always useful) every few missions.