Sitting here watching Episode 3....

Jyskman

Cant decide if this is my fav or empire.

Id have to go Empire/Episode 3 tied

Episode 2

Return

New Hope

Clone Wars

Family Guy tie ins

Robot Chicken tie in

Star Wars Christmas Special(look it up it exsisted!!)

Phantom Menace

:)

3 had too many plot holes, illogical choices, and pointless action scenes for me to place it above the original trilogy.

It was ok though. I guess one of the better prequels.

To this day I'm saddened by 6 though. It was very anticlimactic and brought nothing new. They rescued Han and killed the bad guys, exactly what we knew would happen.

What disappoints me even more though was how excited I was to see where the story would go next.

Then some years went by and Lucas canceled the sequel trilogy. So that was the end.

There will always be the EU, which I love, but it'll never be the same...

Edited by Dylancholy

Cant decide if this is my fav or empire.

Id have to go Empire/Episode 3 tied

Episode 2

Return

New Hope

Clone Wars

Family Guy tie ins

Robot Chicken tie in

Star Wars Christmas Special(look it up it exsisted!!)

Phantom Menace

:)

Far be it from me to try to presume to tell you what you should enjoy, but I would say that the 'Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.' Speech of Yoda's in Empire alone trumps anything from the prequels! Including the 'In my view all the jedi are evil' from episode 3. Why would Anakin think the Jedi were evil? What did they do to make him think that?

Pah, I can't expect logic from something George Lucas farted out over a weekend in one draft.

I'm sorry to those that actually like those 3 films, but I find the lack of intelligence and logic in the writing to be unforgiveable. Don't believe me? Okay...

Revenge of the Sith, large ship crashing on Coruscant. 3 powerful Force users onboard and they are having to rely on Anakin piloting. Yoda levitated an X-Wing yet two Jedi and a Sith couldn't halt or ease the ship onto the planet's surface? What's more, of all the places they could land, they land on a runway. Lucky! Even more so when you consider that seemingly all the spaceships in the Star Wars Universe take off vertically, thus negating the need for a runway...

Aside from gungans, I think TPM is very good. Liam Neeson is one of my fav actors and by far my fav jedi in all the movies. The battle with Maul is awesome. The story of how Palpatine used Naboo's subjegation in order to secure sympathy in the vote to become Supreme Chancellor is very well thought out.

Aside from some quirky parts of the movie, like Jar Jar and kid Anakin, its a fantastic movie.

Aside from gungans, I think TPM is very good. Liam Neeson is one of my fav actors and by far my fav jedi in all the movies. The battle with Maul is awesome. The story of how Palpatine used Naboo's subjegation in order to secure sympathy in the vote to become Supreme Chancellor is very well thought out.

Aside from some quirky parts of the movie, like Jar Jar and kid Anakin, its a fantastic movie.

I would not deny that Liam Neeson is a good actor, but Qui Gon shouldn't have over-shadowed Ben Kenobi in TPM. Kenobi is a monumentally huge figure in the Star Wars films and the prequels should have expanded on his training of Anakin which led him to fall to the Dark Side. This was the point of the prequels. It didn't happen.

The fight with Maul is nicely choreographed but has absolutely no emotional impact for me. The fights in ANH, TESB and ROTJ were driven by emotion and dialogue. Compare Luke's final anger-driven assault on Vader in Jedi to Obi-Wan's flashy but emotionally vacant response to Maul after Qui-Gonn's fall. Oh, hang on.. he did shout 'Nooooooo!'. As they do.

As for Palpatine's usurping on the role of Supreme Chancellor, it was a flaky plan. I mean, what if Amedala had surrendered in the first place, thus negating the whole thing? Why didn't Valorum believe the two Jedi he had sent to investigate in the first place? His actions were overly-complicated and relied too much on chance.

Another thing regarding TPM. The Jedi were losing their connection to the Force. Why? How? Was this ever explained?

Edited by The_Smith

Revenge of the Sith, large ship crashing on Coruscant. 3 powerful Force users onboard and they are having to rely on Anakin piloting. Yoda levitated an X-Wing yet two Jedi and a Sith couldn't halt or ease the ship onto the planet's surface? What's more, of all the places they could land, they land on a runway. Lucky! Even more so when you consider that seemingly all the spaceships in the Star Wars Universe take off vertically, thus negating the need for a runway...

Probably because Force users are not that powerful. Yoda had to put in a good amount of concentration and effort when lifting a one man fighter. Grievous' Invisible Hand was a massive warship that could hold over 1000 passengers. An X-Wing is tiny in comparison.

As for the runway, it does makes sense that there would be plenty of designated emergency landing strips around on the planet. With the amount of ship traffic Coruscant gets, there is bound to be situations where a ship has serious mechanical problems and needs to make an emergency landing. Better a runway than a crowded street.

That's easy. Its awful.

Just like Ep 1 & 2.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/

To quote RLM, Darth Vader wasn't space Jesus. He was just a dude who worked for the empire, like an SS officer but he was really good at what he did.

The prequels were all about making Darth Vader and because of that they turned out awful and totally missed the point. It was supposed to be the fall of the senate and rise of the emporer. George got sucked into pop culture and made 3 extremely silly (and bad) movies.

Edited by Arkerus