Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Rift like you tried to claim.

I didnt claim Rift charges money, I claimed the opposite...

Dont know, nor do I care.

Thats the entire point, both of your statements.

You dont know so you cant say we're wrong. Making a statement that "loads of f2p games charge" is not really an argument since TOR needs to uphold its values to other major MMO's unless they want to admit that TOR is a minor MMO like MapleStory

You dont care? Why not? Try to put yourself into the shoes of others and then decide whats right or wrong and stop thinking "It doesnt affect me so it doesnt matter"

Name the ones that charge. Another thread listed the ones that don't.

I used hair as example only. The ones I know can change facial features and everything you listed and NOT charge real world cash per visit. For unlocking options, yes they charge. But NOT PER VISIT.

Again, name one. Just one.

World Of Warcraft. It's a while since I subscribed, but last I checked race change and character appearance change cost real money each time you use this service.

Rift charged for recustimization, AoC charges, DDO, FFXII, the list goes on of MMOs that charge for changing things.

I wouldn't bother bringing up the Final Fantasy MMO as an example because even those of us who haven't played it know how notoriously horrible it is. Just a tip, don't use unpopular games as an example when you're trying to prove your point...:p

Rift is not free to play.

Okay, then you want the list of F2P (or those that claim to be F2P)? Even though that was NOT even part of the requirement but that shows that once beaten a person changes the rules to try to stay in the game.

But... okay

STO

CoX

GW

Now try to name ANY that charge real world money per visit and not real world money for option unlocks.

I wouldn't bother bringing up the Final Fantasy MMO as an example because even those of us who haven't played it know how notoriously horrible it is. Just a tip, don't use unpopular games as an example when you're trying to prove your point...:p

I give the person a point for effort. He/she did make a list even though the list was WRONG except for FF and can't dispute that because didn't touch that crap with a 10-foot pole. :D

Okay, then you want the list of F2P (or those that claim to be F2P)? Even though that was NOT even part of the requirement but that shows that once beaten a person changes the rules to try to stay in the game.

But... okay

STO

CoX

GW

Now try to name ANY that charge real world money per visit and not real world money for option unlocks.

Guild Wars 2

Guild Wars 2

I knew it. But GW2 has something we do not have. Yes they charge Gems but you can trade in-game currency for Gems. Can we trade credits for Coins here? If we could then that would make it different having an in-game way of doing it. But Eric said THERE IS NO IN-GAME WAY FOR IT.

Oh and I have gotten although rare Gems as random drops. Does this game give Cartel Coins as random drops?

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

If Im not allowed to call out Rift you cant call out WoW

So try again, a major MMO thats F2P (or claiming to be) with subscription that charges for changing something simple as your hair

Case of him changing the rules to help him again. He's done it more than once in the last couple of pages.

I knew it. But GW2 has something we do not have. Yes they charge Gems but you can trade in-game currency for Gems. Can we trade credits for Coins here? If we could then that would make it different having an in-game way of doing it. But Eric said THERE IS NO IN-GAME WAY FOR IT.

Oh and I have gotten although rare Gems as random drops. Does this game give Cartel Coins as random drops?

No, this games gives you free cartel coins monthly with your sub. Also, you can buy cartel items on the GTN, so it's essentially the same as selling gold for gems. The exchange rate for gold to gems is not good. My girlfriend plays GW2 and I can tell you she is always buying gems.

Here's another game. Aion.

F2P was not a requirement until you put this post. First rule change.

Then you changed it again on Darth.

So not confused.

I misunderstood you asking about game, I thought you were talking about free to play games. I didn't change anything on Darth as I thought you were talking about free to play games. He said Rift was free like WoW and I said it wasn't free, thereby repeating what I had originally said, that it wasn't a free to play game. I'm not changing rules, it was a misunderstanding.

There are free games that charge, there are sub games that charge. No two MMOs are exactly the same.

Edited by DaRoamer