Class story mission achievements and some others are not granted retroactively

FREIMENSCH

I'm having the same issue. Returning player and do not have Story / Datacron achievements for any of my previous characters.

Let me just say that I think the achievements are great. As a completest, I want to earn 100% in each location. If the powers that be are going to retroactively grant us at least the Story achievements... Great! Give us a ETA or at least a guesstimate. Let us know that you are working on it.

If not, then my OCD self runs into 2 dilemmas.

1. Do I continue to play a character and level them knowing that <to me> they will never be "complete".

2. I can't see myself buying or spending Cartel Coins on a character I might have to reroll. (I'm talking the BOE stuff, not legacy)

I hope this gets resolved.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same. I noticed the issue only when I began investigating why I didn't have the Galactic Datacron Master title.

Imp Main has all the necessary Imp side datacrons and achievements.

Pub primary-alt has all the necessary Pub side datacrons but none of the achievements. (Yep, I went back and tried to collect those datacrons again, but, "you cannot access this")

I'm likely missing other achievements on alts but I really don't care to weed through them.

Automated response to in-game support ticket ("Please audit my account achievements and apply correct achievements / unlocks.") said to file a Bug Report as this is a Known Issue. Not a "known issue" as shown on the Customer Support forum mind you. But perhaps it's Known elsewhere, secretly? Filed bug report promptly fell into a black hole and evaporated.

I have countered several bugs along the way (Makeb Explorer, Well Connected, etc, etc) - they exists about a year already, some included in known issues, but aren't fixed yet

As I see, BW fixes only game breaking or cartel market items bugs - see patch notes history or BW responses in Bug report forum

So, really don't have any hope that this bug will be fixed ever

Edited by FREIMENSCH

• 2 weeks later...

Having same issue

though I figured the only option would be to redo everything on a new character, which is a headache because i had several max level characters with full storyline completion which the game wont grant me. obviously an issue cause some of these grant cartel coins. Might be why they are not too keen on fixing this? :p

as for the ticket system, the bug report thing will not get you helped this is probably going int oa known issues databse that they sort through and fix stuff overall, not going to interact or help you directly, the only option could be if a customer servive guy is nice enough to send it up the chain to someone wit hthe power to fix this. though it seems noone is getting helped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have the same issue. I recently returned to SWTOR after a long break. When I first logged in, I had 0% achievement completion. I have two 50s, and a bunch of lower level characters. I have completed the story missions on both 50s and done a good number of fps and ops. I didn't get any achievement unlocked, not even the achievement for having made lvl 50 in a class. Tried copying a character to the PTR to see if that would make any difference. It did not, I didn't get any achievements unlocked there either. Hopefully this issue will get fixed soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Same with me. Had multiple toons prior to institution of Achievements. None of them updated and some are now impossible. Example, all my Jedi toons cannot get the Tython Lore Achievement because two of the 4 involve 1) finding your first holocron and 2) constructing you lightsaber. You cannot do those again; as far as I can see you can't do ANY datacron's on any planet if you previously picked up that particular datacron. So, not only can you not gain the achievement for all datacrons for any planet if you previously picked up just ONE...you also cannot pick up the achievement for totally finishing that planet. Now I'm already topped out in Legacy, but I tend to be a "completionist." Until they fix this all my toons are sort of walking around with one boot off. Sad.

Add me to list

Just came back oh 6 weeks ago or so and nothing from before that was credited to me

Biggy is the legacy 50 achievement as I was legacy 50 before I left game so there is absolutely no way for me to "push" that one as no longer receive legacy xp.

Glad to see its being looked into

• 1 month later...

Same problem, here.

Reporting as bug doesn't get any response, and reporting to CS just gets a response about waiting for the next patch cycle. It's been three patches since then.

I'm sure there is more to this than flipping a switch, but it's still frustrating. I've got 6.5 classes worth of completed stories that I'm getting no credit for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still not fixed ? OMG

I didn't want to wait for this fix, so I completed all stories/codex achievements by leveling new characters, again.

It was pain as I already done this before and already saw the story

So, it's how BW deals with their returning players, good job

• 1 month later...
I know it would be a tedious task, but why can't BW look into the people who have this problem and made a ticket and then all BW has to do is look at these peoples legacy and see if they have the lvl 50 legacy skill that unlocks after completing chapter 3? Then they can just add all the story achievements for that character.