Swtor killed star wars

Algaram

Spies, operatives, troopers, powertechs being totally overpowered in a fight against a Force User. The ridiculous story line of the Inquisitor and the Force Ghosts (!!). Lightsabers acting like baseball bats instead of lightsabers. Curved blaster bolts ( :/ ). The need to hit a humanoid enemy thousand times with your lightsaber (with an additional help from your 8 man group) so he can finally go down. Many continuity errors and inconsistencies in quest lines. No visible lightsaber stances/styles. Simply being a one-man-army when cutting/blasting through hordes of trash - if that was possible in Star Wars saga, he Jedi would have no problem with clone troopers after Order 66 was issued. Dark side corruption for non-Force users and more.

Devs added too much from themselves into Star Wars universe.

Spies, operatives, troopers, powertechs being totally overpowered in a fight against a Force User. The ridiculous story line of the Inquisitor and the Force Ghosts (!!). Lightsabers acting like baseball bats instead of lightsabers. Curved blaster bolts ( :/ ). The need to hit a humanoid enemy thousand times with your lightsaber (with an additional help from your 8 man group) so he can finally go down. Many continuity errors and inconsistencies in quest lines. No visible lightsaber stances/styles. Simply being a one-man-army when cutting/blasting through hordes of trash - if that was possible in Star Wars saga, he Jedi would have no problem with clone troopers after Order 66 was issued. Dark side corruption for non-Force users and more.

Devs added too much from themselves into Star Wars universe.

most of what you say there is game mechanics, sounds to me like the MMO format is your problem

Spies, operatives, troopers, powertechs being totally overpowered in a fight against a Force User. The ridiculous story line of the Inquisitor and the Force Ghosts (!!). Game Balance

Lightsabers acting like baseball bats instead of lightsabers. Game Balance

Curved blaster bolts ( :/ ). due to lag and players running during fights, in reality you would never see the light from blasters, so next time you watch star wars try watching it with the sound turned off when there are explosions in space and close your eyes when they shoot blasters light travels FAST you wont be able to see a bolt of it

The need to hit a humanoid enemy thousand times with your lightsaber (with an additional help from your 8 man group) so he can finally go down. Game Mechanics

Many continuity errors and inconsistencies in quest lines. if this is in regard to class stories and timelines each class progresses through the timeline at different rates, if not meh.

No visible lightsaber stances/styles.agreed

Simply being a one-man-army when cutting/blasting through hordes of trash - if that was possible in Star Wars saga, he Jedi would have no problem with clone troopers after Order 66 was issued. game balance again

Dark side corruption for non-Force users and more.this was in kotor 2 as well

my posts in red

Yup, game mechanics and balance. Classic mmo just does not fit Star Wars universe. I will keep dreaming about a skill based game with rpg features (Jedi Knight-like massive multiplayer online ;) )

Now that was a great Star Wars game with some really intense lightsaber combat. One bad move and you're down.

I know that Class Quests take place at different times (ie Warrior's finale is after Knight's) but some moments just make no sense or they're mocking the Star Wars canon we know. An example from badly written quest can be Inquisitor's quest when

He's to meet Ashara in secret but right before that he slaughters entire squad of Republic troopers right infront of her and she acts like she didn't even see anything.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Yup, game mechanics and balance. Classic mmo just does not fit Star Wars universe. I will keep dreaming about a skill based game with rpg features (Jedi Knight-like massive multiplayer online ;) )

Now that was a great Star Wars game with some really intense lightsaber combat. One bad move and you're down.

I know that Class Quests take place at different times (ie Warrior's finale is after Knight's) but some moments just make no sense or they're mocking the Star Wars canon we know. An example from badly written quest can be Inquisitor's quest when

He's to meet Ashara in secret but right before that he slaughters entire squad of Republic troopers right infront of her and she acts like she didn't even see anything.

your not the OP so i'm not sure if you believe the same as OP which is

SWTOR killed star wars - in his eyes

so i'm not sure do you feel the same? if so let me say this (i'm kinda more saying this to OP than you but just in case you feel the same as OP, this might apply to you. so feel free to reply, as i doubt we will ever see OP again)

is it not a bit over the top to say a game that you can choose to play or not to play. has killed star wars for you. are you saying you can never watch, read, or play another star wars product because you didn't like this one?