DPS without Crit/Surge

olliewars

Accuracy/Alarcrity/Surge all share the same spot on gear, so you only have to choose between them.

They also both have caps, Accuracy from getting 100% accuracy, Surge from the harsh Diminishing Returns.

Generally, splitting the 10 spots on gear with those stats down the middle is a good choice, leaving you with 99% accuracy and 75% surge in 61 gear.

Based on Class/Spec, this varies. Example, a Carnage Mara gets +6% accuracy, so they can drop 2-3 surge pieces for an extra 2% or so crit damage.

• 1 month later...

As a marauder i found having as low as 28% crit was doable as annihilation, but found for carnage it seems to perform best with ~35-38%.

I know lethality snipers are best off with 38-40% crit... i think it is important for MM as well but not to such a high degree. Arsenal merc does best with 35-38%, usually the higher end is better if you can mange the increased heat from having greater uptime on the alacrity proc.

first off it all depends on the class

second a good model to go buy is 30% crit unbuffed so 35% with sniper buff

thrid surge is a whole new animal, you get hit pretty hard with diminishing returns after 75% surge... but it still helps

My pt has 79.81% surge and my GM's has around 77... i out parsed him by 130dps last night.

last accuracy... lot of classes this isnt even needed check your class forums

first off it all depends on the class

second a good model to go buy is 30% crit unbuffed so 35% with sniper buff

thrid surge is a whole new animal, you get hit pretty hard with diminishing returns after 75% surge... but it still helps

My pt has 79.81% surge and my GM's has around 77... i out parsed him by 130dps last night.

last accuracy... lot of classes this isnt even needed check your class forums

Wow, by having that much surge you must have almost zero accuracy. You do relise that you could sacrifce about 4% damage everytime you crit, for nearly 10% extra damage on all your attacks (against an operations level target)

Wow, by having that much surge you must have almost zero accuracy. You do relise that you could sacrifce about 4% damage everytime you crit, for nearly 10% extra damage on all your attacks (against an operations level target)

I run 94.97% accuracy, the only attack i ever miss is rapid shots, as long is there is no lag, if theres lag it seems my railshot will miss everyonce and a while. 1 or maybe 2 times a fight