Maintenance: August 22nd

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

On August 22nd, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform brief maintenance. Patch 2.3.1a will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Thursday August 22nd

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 5AM PDT (12PM UTC)

Patch Note

Items

• The alignment requirement has been removed from the following gear:
    • Section X Guardian Armor
    • Scalene Armor (Red, Blue, White, Gold)
    • Voss Ambassador Armor
    • Hyperspace Hotshot Armor
    • Deep Space Starfighter Helmet

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by AmberGreen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The incorrect alignment requirement has been removed from the following gear:

Just to clarify on this point. Before patch 2.3.1 there was NO alignment requirement. Are we to understand that after this "fix" there will be an alignment requirement?

Please clarify.

Thanks!!

Thank you kindly for the fast response. On something like this I dont like a major bug like this, but...I feel your response is correct and understand problems will happan. I won't complain about an issue when you are fixing it, in my opinion, asap .

Thank you kindly for making plans to get this fixed rapidly :)

Just to clarify on this point. Before patch 2.3.1 there was NO alignment requirement. Are we to understand that after this "fix" there will be an alignment requirement?

Please clarify.

Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure that they're removing the requirement completely as it was never supposed to be there in the first place.

I would agree...Im sure they will be completely removing any light or dark requirement. If not then its a huge deal but from looking at this I would say they are indeed gettign rid of the requirement ( which is how its always been )

Thank you. Be warned, this will be flamed by the impatient. But thanks for fixing it.

Getting flamed for not doing an emergency patch is not about being impatient is more about the fact that this bug broke the game for quite a bit of people and messed up with their(ours) raid schedule.

For example my whole raid group will be unable to raid tonight as scheduled because of this, yes we could go and each spent millions to swap shells out but this seems outrageous for just one night.

To you one night might not be much to worry about but some of us have limited play time and might only get 1 night a week to play with hard/nim content and BW just screwed that up with a bug that should of never made it out to begin with given the amount of reputation gear this game has.

A bug that breaks the game for as many people as this one did deserves an emergency patch.

Riddle me this.

There never was an alignment check for that gear. Which means the "bug" is someone had to add an alignment check in this last patch. Or, it was initially designed in beta for an alignment check and that check was commented out and someone deleted the comment. Do we have a vigilante coder at bioware inserting random code? I'll forgive him/her for 1 billion kajillion credits.

Edited by LordWinscott

Getting flamed for not doing an emergency patch is not about being impatient is more about the fact that this bug broke the game for quite a bit of people and messed up with their(ours) raid schedule.

For example my whole raid group will be unable to raid tonight as scheduled because of this, yes we could go and each spent millions to swap shells out but this seems outrageous for just one night.

To you one night might not be much to worry about but some of us have limited play time and might only get 1 night a week to play with hard/nim content and BW just screwed that up with a bug that should of never made it out to begin with given the amount of reputation gear this game has.

A bug that breaks the game for as many people as this one did deserves an emergency patch.

What is worse still is they moved patch day to a Wednesday for APAC players so that ruined everyone standard Wednesday raiding schedule ( wel lthose that had one to work around Tuesday patches ) so people putt off the raid to today only to have ti down yet again.

If this is so important why don't you put the servers down at a more convenient time for all? Infact why don't all patches be done at a more convenient time? Where you put them now is basically prime time APAC time where people will be off work and school jsut to schedule them for the early hours for North American players? Why not schedule patches during N.A. work/school hours which comes out as being being early-mid morning for most APAC players. That way msot of the people inconvenienced are those that should be at school or have a job in the first place. I'm sure their are exceptions but that would seem to make more sense than putting out the entire APAC player community by always patching at primetime - seriouslly may put a bit more thought in to patch times?

Kind of tired of non-regular 3AMPDT maintenance.

If it is urgent, patch it right now. If it is not urgent patch it next Tuesday.

Well I guess patch-the-patch is a regular thing sigh

Edited by Banegio

On August 22nd, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform brief maintenance. Patch 2.3.1a will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Patch Note

Items

• The incorrect alignment requirement has been removed from the following gear:
    • Voss Ambassador Armor

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

If the fix has been through QA (lol) so you can announce it arriving then why not take servers down now and apply it? A cynical man would believe its down to not wanting to lose the first day pack splurge sales...

Riddle me this.

There never was an alignment check for that gear. Which means the "bug" is someone had to add an alignment check in this last patch. Or, it was initially designed in beta for an alignment check and that check was commented out and someone deleted the comment. Do we have a vigilante coder at bioware inserting random code? I'll forgive him/her for 1 billion kajillion credits.

I would imagine it was planned long ago when alignment was meant to be a big thing, remember how they kept going on about how neutral aligned characters would have stuff the same way as dark/lightsiders? Someone inserted/pulled some old code from the wrong place is my guess.

I am sure this is not the place to post this so maybe someone can point me in the correct direction, I am getting "This application encountered an unspecified error. please try this patch again.

this is the second time it has happened and cannot get past this, I have completely uninstalled and re installed but still have the issue any help on this would be most appreciated.

Come on bioware, how about having a thought for APAC players when you do this.

3AM PDT is our 8pm.

Thats the time most guilds have organised to do ops.

Please stop ruining our ops schedule multiple nights in a row.

All you need to do is bring the patch forward 3 hours, midnight PDT and the game will be available again at 7pm for us.

As an added bonus, the stupid bug gets fixed for everyone faster.

When you do this to us apac players you're telling us that keeping the servers available for americans from midnight to 3am, is more important than keeping the servers available for APAC players in our prime time.

Do you even understand how insulting that is?

what i assume is that all items have a field that if is 0 means unaligned,maybe a +1 or -1 might mean light or dark requirment. or some such field. glad to see they are working on it so fast. I agree there is almost a patch after the patch ,each time.

We can't raid tonight and can't do it any other night this week. What are you going to do to in the form of extra subscription days, free cartel grant, etc. to make this right? Way too many people are affected by this and this is something that should have been caught before being pushed live. Your companies failure to check this is ridiculous. How can you not assume there will be players wearing these sets of armor that required grinding or real money to get?

TL : DR, fire your Q&A person, get a new one, and make this right to the players.

Edited by Malaka_Blue
typo.

Come on bioware, how about having a thought for APAC players when you do this.

3AM PDT is our 8pm.

Thats the time most guilds have organised to do ops.

Please stop ruining our ops schedule multiple nights in a row.

All you need to do is bring the patch forward 3 hours, midnight PDT and the game will be available again at 7pm for us.

This would suit Europe as well, as PDT midnight is our 9 am (8 in the UK) where most of us are at work, so usually the servers would be available again in the afternoon when we come from work/school, and have time to play the game.

Edited by Mubrak

Patch Note

Items

• The incorrect alignment requirement has been removed from the following gear:
    • Voss Ambassador Armor

Will their be a credit compensation for all the players that had to transfer mods out? i