Race classes cut for release date? Twi'lek Jedi, Sith Inquisitor but no Sith Warrior?

SelinaK

Rattataki are "Born and bred in a culture of war" according to the description when picking them as a race for a Sith Inquisitor. But when you pick Sith Warrior, there is no option to pick Rattataki. Obviously they can use the force, so why can I not pick warrior?

Why can Twi'lek be a Jedi Knight or a Sith Inquisitor, but not a Sith Warrior?

Why a Smuggler but not an Imperial Agent or Bounty Hunter?

The game doesn't say much about Twi'leks other than a reiteration of what they look like (I can already see) then describing them as "long been oppressed, with only the rare group escaping slavery". So I went (since I'm a newbie to the story stuff other than the films) and looked up Twi'lek on the star wars wikia encyclopedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi%27lek#Society_and_culture and it says

While many Twi'leks lived their lives as merchants or even criminals, the species also had a proud and honorable warrior tradition. It was Twi'lek warriors who invented the Chir'daki, or Deathseed, starfighters that married the TIE Fighter cockpit to the S-foils of the X-wing starfighter as well as using a rotation system similar to what allowed the B-wing starfighter. During the Bacta War, Twi'lek warriors assisted Wedge Antilles in the fight against Ysanne Isard.
Sure, there's that bit about the brain tails, but it can't be too much of a hinderance for their warriors, presumably because they are prehensile they can react to move them out of the way if needed or something because further down the page there's a picture of a Twi'lek called Aayla Secura as a Jedi Warrior http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura#Clone_Wars_.2822_BBY.E2.80.9319_BBY.29 and just flicking through that, there's a lot of Star Wars universe stuff she's been in.

I looked further onto http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Twi%27leks :

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Lethal_Alliance ("Rianna Saren, a Twi'lek mercenary"... So why can't they be bounty hunters?)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vette "a female Twi'lek pirate."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alema_Rar "Rar hunted her targets during the Second Galactic Civil War, engaging the Skywalkers and the Solos in a series of skirmishes. When Mara Jade Skywalker was killed, in fact by Lumiya's new Sith apprentice Jacen Solo, the Twi'lek was thought to be responsible"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alora (actually mentions "she infiltrated", if can be a sneaky sith warrior surely Twi'leks could be an Imperial Agent?)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Talon (who seems kickarse and actually looks like how I'd probably make my character, if I could)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B%27ink_Utrila "When the Clone Wars erupted between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Master Utrila was forced to take up her lightsaber and accept the rank of General in the Grand Army of the Republic. Surviving until the end of the war"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eleena_Daru "Eleena Daru wore light armor similar to that worn by smugglers and Imperial Agents. She wielded twin blaster pistols when she fought alongside her lover, Darth Malgus, during the assault on the Jedi temple at the Sacking of Coruscant"

... It goes on and on.

So Twi'leks definitely can fight, shoot - and not just force-users. So, why can't they be a Bounty Hunter or an Imperial Agent? I notice along with the slave bit, they have a "slave dance" which looks like a lap dance. That's pretty much all there is to the description of their race in the game. It's kind of disturbing when in the story most/all the slaves are female, that you seem to be putting forward that they can only be pretty and not able to fight.

Did you cut these races because you couldn't/didn't see as a priority to get the different clothing options done for different races as different classes in time for release or something like that, or if not what was the reason? Will the missing races be available later, and if so will you give us a free race change when you patch it?

Thank you for any answers...

Edited by SelinaK
Removed cyborgs due to in-story reason posted by others that casting force lightning affects cyborgs

But we have Twi'lek Jedi Knights and Sith Jedi Knights (Inquisitors) so I don't think anything significant has changed in that? Sith Warriors are actually LESS powerful than Inquisitors in-story, I thought? Edited by SelinaK

The reason why Vader, and other cyborgs couldnt be an inquistor is the same reason vader was afraid of palpatine. Force lighting and mechanical parts dont mix in lore.

As far as the reason why being a sith warrior is constrained to certain races is because the class story implies that you have sith blood in you. Only zabraks, sith, and humans (cyborg and normal) can meet this requirement. I dont like it, but its the way it is.

The reason why Vader, and other cyborgs couldnt be an inquistor is the same reason vader was afraid of palpatine. Force lighting and mechanical parts dont mix in lore.

As far as the reason why being a sith warrior is constrained to certain races is because the class story implies that you have sith blood in you. Only zabraks, sith, and humans (cyborg and normal) can meet this requirement. I dont like it, but its the way it is.

Then explain Darth Vader.

Is this thread about why Darth Vader wasn't a Inquisitor, why cyborgs can't be inquisitors, or why Twi'leks can't be Sith Warriors? Sorry you confused me.

Sorry, I'll try go back and edit it a bit - I mean the latter two (I know darth vader is an inquisitor from the description of what an inquisitor is ingame anyway, more a leader than a footsoldier - what I'm saying is with that in mind it seems odd that other cyborgs can't be inquisitor types too)

They had to leave some races out for certain classes because in future expansions they may add them. Example when a certain "games" last expansion came out.. they introduced a couple new class/race combos.

I did get that feeling it was probably that yeah, very disappointing to see them ignore the story aspects so blatantly like that.

Edited by SelinaK

I'm going to ignore 90% of your thread because mainly it's invalid.

The Sith Warrior was based around Darth Vador.

Sith Inquisitor sorcerer was based around a few people like Darth Sidious for example.

Sith Inquisitor Assasin was based around Darth Maul.

You'll notice if you look closely enough at each class, each class represents a character from the movies. They copied the bloody movies! lol

You didn't notice that after Vader was shocked by force lightning that his body was totally limp? Electricity + Electronics = major fail

Sure, he did pick up the emperor and toss him but I am sure the force was at work in the toss itself (force lift, etc etc). Also Vader never used force lightning.

Edited by XaeroT

You didn't notice that after Vader was shocked by force lightning that his body was totally limp? Electricity + Electronics = major fail

Sure, he did pick up the emperor and toss him but I am sure the force was at work in the toss itself (force lift, etc etc). Also Vader never used force lightning.

Doesn't the lightning come from the hands, not actually electrify the whole body of the person who is making it, meaning that they could do it just get hurt if someone else does it to them? I don't know, only basing that off what I saw I haven't read much of the books and stuff that isn't on the wiki, seems a bit "hmm" though.

Removed my question about why can't Cyborgs be Inquisiors though and changed the topic name, I'll take you peoples' word for it on that part :)

Rattataki are "Born and bred in a culture of war" according to the description when picking them as a race for a Sith Inquisitor. But when you pick Sith Warrior, there is no option to pick Rattataki. Obviously they can use the force, so why can I not pick warrior?

Why can Twi'lek be a Jedi Knight or a Sith Inquisitor, but not a Sith Warrior? Why a Smuggler but not a Bounty Hunter?

Edited by SelinaK

They had to leave some races out for certain classes because in future expansions they may add them. Example when a certain "games" last expansion came out.. they introduced a couple new class/race combos.

I wish you weren't very likely right.

Can a developer reply please?

Ok, well the probable reasoning for Twi'leks not being able to become Sith Warriors at this period of Star Wars is mostly concerning their status in this period of Star Wars lore, namely - they are mostly slaves and criminals.

Sith Warrior culture is very elitist in their choices, and are very concerned with maintaining the purity of their Sith Heritage. However the story behind the inquisitor is about the rise of a slave to powerful Inquisitor (From what I've heard, I'm yet to actually play the Inquisitor myself) So a Twi'lek fits this role just fine.

And the Jedi being altruistic, will take any race that is force sensitive and of a correct age into their ranks.

The reason that twi'lek cannot be Sith Warriors is explained in the lore of the Sith Empire prior to this game starting after Kotor 2.

SPOILERS ALERT!

The Sith empire was defeated in a hyper space war and began a full scale retreat. The Emperor was a young sith at the time and killed an entire planet (along with every rival sith) to gain Immortality. He then led the remaining Sith to Dromand Kass to hide and rebuild thier power to once again to return to republic space. Now, when the Sith fled they took all the races that they had conquered with them... but as slaves. The way their slaves worked is that if your parents were a slave, they were a slave and as such Twi'leks were always slaves in thier culture.

The reason that Twi'leks can be inquisitor is that (as far as I have been told) is because the class quests state that you started out as a slave but were recognized as having a powerful connection to the force. As such, the inquisitor was trained.

both trooper and SW are down 1 race, whole " but could add more later" arguement doesn't fly since, any class could and should exceed 5 tbh really no reason we shouldn't be able to be any race for any class whole limitation unto itself is really stupid. If zabrak can be a sith warrior NO reason any of aliens shouldn't be able to and frankly whole limitation thing is absurd...

But OP is right at very least rattakai should be available to be SW, on that note are even SW twi'lek in game... in fact advanced class trainer is a SW twi'lek... which is really super odd that suddenly cant be a twi SW... i think bioware just needs to get whole race/class limitation thing out of there heads it doesn't help the game in anyway and since are no stat racials it doesn't effect game at all...

Ok, well the probable reasoning for Twi'leks not being able to become Sith Warriors at this period of Star Wars is mostly concerning their status in this period of Star Wars lore, namely - they are mostly slaves and criminals.

Sith Warrior culture is very elitist in their choices, and are very concerned with maintaining the purity of their Sith Heritage. However the story behind the inquisitor is about the rise of a slave to powerful Inquisitor (From what I've heard, I'm yet to actually play the Inquisitor myself) So a Twi'lek fits this role just fine.

And the Jedi being altruistic, will take any race that is force sensitive and of a correct age into their ranks.

and yet...advanced trainer is a SW he even makes a comment about how sith are opening doors to them now to be trained and how its a huge honor. He's not an SI as for whole cyborg thing... cyborg just needs to be merged with humans and removed...its absurd that its a race and pure laziness on devs part. Remove cyborg from EVERY race merge it with humans... open up more races. Add a fifth race to trooper/SW and call it a day.

Edited by Lokai

you put a lot of thought, effort, and research into a question that really doesn't have any other answer than, "just because".

BioWare wanted a little variety in the classes, so made certain races only available for certain classes.

that's it.

which even makes it worse... fact that they come from a D&D background where it was made CLEAR that race and class combos could be anything player liked and was a HUGE appeal to those games! yet BW has insisted since Dragon Age on limiting player choices...

i have played bioware games since BG1 and frankly disappointed in this running theme in there games -.-

you put a lot of thought, effort, and research into a question that really doesn't have any other answer than, "just because".

BioWare wanted a little variety in the classes, so made certain races only available for certain classes.

that's it.

which even makes it worse... fact that they come from a D&D background where it was made CLEAR that race and class combos could be anything player liked and was a HUGE appeal to those games! yet BW has insisted since Dragon Age on limiting player choices...

i have played bioware games since BG1 and frankly disappointed in this running theme in there games -.-