PVE gear questions

ArcherFox

k so throught the game i have sticked to pve since i hit 50 and i am allmost full rakata everything just missing helmet and relic and i was looking what the next step is and i hear that i am suppose to augment the rakata pieces STR 18 and to take armoring and mods from blackhole and put it in rakata. is this true? and as well i hear the columi weapon is better then rakata?

i also have read that since i am ahnilator marauder i should focus on STR>power>surge(74%-75%)>accuarcy(100%)>Crit(30%) is this right and at what point to i stop getting STR. and once i get the rakata augmented withe the blackhole mod, is the campaing gear good or do i have to do the mod swap with them

Hi, the answer to the question about if you should mod your Rakata gear with Black Hole mods is an emphatic 'yes'.

It's going to take some time, and credits, but you can get quite a significant boost to your stats if you pick and choose which armorings, mods & enhancements you take.

As a general guideline when you start to min / max your gear, Augment for Strength, and mod for Power.

STR>power>surge(74%-75%)>accuarcy(100%)>Crit(30%) <- This is about right, once you use 5/5 enhancement with either surge or accuracy, you'd hit 75% surge, and just under 100% accuracy.

Also, the Campaign gear is not optimized right out of the box, so you will have to replace mods etc in those items as well.

The good part about the Campaign set is that the set bonus follows the Armoring, allowing you to customize your appearance without loosing the bonus.

Here's my profile, to give you some idea of what you can do in terms of optimizing your gear:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/30771589-4a1a-418f-ab8b-6374015be6e1