Reading comprehension

CaptainHagbard

So I see a lot of complaints around here about the "up to 5 days", with people stating that they were lied to. What I keep asking myself is: Don't they understand what "up to" means or don't want to understand?

Because this how I see things: usually "up to" means "maximum" or "at the most" and not "minimum" or "guaranteed". So how exactly were we lied to? They even extended to "up to five" to "up to seven" so in that sense: yes, we've been lied to, because we've been given more time than intially planed.

I am pretty sure I'm right in the interpretation of the "up to"-stuff, but maybe I just didn't get the argumentation and people are talking about being lied to about something entirely different.

Will you translate that to german, or shall I ?

here goes:

"Ich sehe eine Menge Beschwerden über das "bis zu 5 Tage", mit Leuten, die behaupten, das sie angeloge wurden. Was ich mich dabei frage: Verstehen die nicht, was "bis zu" bedeutet oder wollen sie es nicht verstehen?

So sehe ich das: üblicherweise heisst "bis zu" ein "Maximum" oder "nicht mehr als" und weder "minimum" noch "garantiert". Also wo genau wurde gelogen ? Die haben doch sogar "bis zu 5" auf "bis zu sieben" erhöht... also in diesem Zusammenhang: ja, wir wurden angelogen, denn wir haben mehr Zeit bekommen als ursprünglich geplant.

Ich bin mir sicher, das ich recht habe mit dem "bis zu"-Zeug, aber vielleicht verstehe ich auch einfach die Argumentation nicht und die Leute reden von etwas ganz anderem, bezüglich dessen sie belogen wurden"

Edited by JPryde