Conversation roll?

Driveinns

With patch 1.2.6 where they conversation stuff was fixed, like the UI disappearing before a conversation starts, it appears as the nameplates of your party members and the numbers they roll during the conversation have somehow turned off?

I was wondering if this was intentional, or if it is some form of little bug or unexpected side effect. If its meant to be that way cool, but I was wondering if we could have a way to turn it back on, me and my friend level quite a bit together and we like using it, so if we could get it back that would be swell. :)

With patch 1.2.6 where they conversation stuff was fixed, like the UI disappearing before a conversation starts, it appears as the nameplates of your party members and the numbers they roll during the conversation have somehow turned off?

I was wondering if this was intentional, or if it is some form of little bug or unexpected side effect. If its meant to be that way cool, but I was wondering if we could have a way to turn it back on, me and my friend level quite a bit together and we like using it, so if we could get it back that would be swell. :)

how unbelievably shocking :rolleyes:

Opened a ticket in game about this, myself. Took some explaining, but finally managed to explain that when conversation starts ALL UI disappears, including the "Character Portraits", meaning we can't check all members got in to conversation, who rolled what to win their answer or if they rolled light/dark etc.

another untested patch that broke something else because they failed to play test the patch to fix the previous problem?

INCONCEIVABLE!! :D

at this point, i'm actually kinda embarrassed for bioware.

Same deal here.

watch for emergency maintenance tonight or tomorrow to fix this.

:rolleyes:

But yeah... bioware... c'mon, even though I throw some crap your way I still have some faith and understanding of the process... but this is just getting to levels beyond embarrassing and unprofessional.

Yep been seeing it ever since the latest awesome maintenace patching... guess the PTS was offline so yet again no testing on your fixes.. internally or externally by us.... sigh

Not only has the portaits & roll scores gone some of the VO are incorrect based on the soical rolls... mess comes to mind...

Maybe they gunna roll back... so all ya social points are wiped out.... dang I hit 6 maximums in Esseles earlier...... only got 3 VO's tho... the other 3 were randoms for some reason... just as well it wasn't on my sith shadow.. i wud of been real mad like to of not heard Kiera Knighley's voice a few extra times... grrrr

Edited by Bloodstealer

It's a minor bug with almost no effect on playability.

It's not necessarily the bug itself that is pissing people off, it's the attitude and work ethic bw is putting into their product.

it's something that would have been seen the very first time it was tested. This basically shows that like prior mistakes, they aren't play testing these patches at all beyond making sure **** doesn't crash the client.

Thank god 1.3 is going PTS, but if 1.2 is any indication, especially now with a smaller staff, anything anyone brings up is likely to be ignored as well. Remember up until about two weeks ago we were having patches on tuesdays that fixed issues from 1.2 and the patches on thursdays were fixing bugs from the untested patches on tuesday.

If I was paying monthly I would unsub because the service delivered is not worth 15/mo.

Edited by Maxil

It's a minor bug with almost no effect on playability.

As the other guy said, it's not so much the bug itself, it's more that it's symptomatic of carelessness (or an overworked skeleton crew, perhaps). Grouped dialogues is a showcase feature of the game, for me (and I'd guess for many of those who are sticking with the game) it's one of the most fun parts of the game.

When this showcase feature has such an obvious and blatantt bug let through, it doesn't inspire confidence in the developers.

• 3 weeks later...
LOL probably removed it so people don't know anymore who's holding up the spacebaring speed group by waiting out the full time duration before choosing a dialogue option. Ok I don't know why it's gone, they probably broke it.

Haha, I thought about that too. In fact that sounds like a reason for its removal. Coupled with the dark/light choices I've seen Flashpoints where people heavily criticize another player for making the choice! I feel it was removed now to allow more immersion.

I for one hope it is a bug and awaiting for them to bring it back.

another untested patch that broke something else because they failed to play test the patch to fix the previous problem?

INCONCEIVABLE!! :D

at this point, i'm actually kinda embarrassed for bioware.

this is what happens when fanbois go "LAlLALALALALAlaaaaaaa all is good, i cant hear you"

Christ almighty, grouped dialogues is one of the few actual interesting innovations in the game, and they've managed to **** it up?

This is turning into a farce of monumental proportions.

<hint> they still cant hear you

Edited by iskoaya