Would you play a Star Wars game like this

cool-dude

A cover shooter based game that has you play as a Mandalorian working his way to become Mandalore, and to make his clan the dominate Mandalorian clan. The game would start you off as the son of the current Mandalore of your clan. During your adolescent training, your clan was attacked, your father killed, and you and the rest of your clan become part the clan that defeated yours. After this happens, you vow to avenge your father, and to make your clan the strongest ever.

You do this by getting your new leaders attention through your skill in combat, defeating his enemies, while bringing together the remains of your old clan, and then ripping Mandalores throat out.

Edit:

I pictured the new Mandalore knowing who you are, and as a result, he has you fight until you die. Expecting a boy of 17 yrs of age to die quickly, Mandalore becomes very impressed when you seem to kill everything he has you face. He decides to spare you as long as you agree to pledge yourself to him. You agree, and the game fast forwards to a few years later, where you earned respect as a fighter in the clan.

This game would also offer characters that would provide players a rival, a love interest(best friend from old clan), and other allies.

Edit:

Another idea could be that your prowess as a fighter, has made Mandalorians around you question who they should really be following. You use this to build influence( build an army inside an army) to kill Mandalore and bring your clan back to glory.

Rated M for mature

Brutal Violence and Gore

Strong Language

Sexuality

Edited by cool-dude

\

Rated M for mature

Brutal Violence and Gore

Strong Language

Sexuality

this killed it for me. Star Wars should never really be rated for mature. Yes there is implied ****, implied gore, limbs being chopped off, people being eaten, and so on but its never realistic or shown. Adding that would make it not Star Wars.

If I want a dark and serious sci fi I will play Mass Effect or something else.

It reminds me of what they are doing with the crappy new Superman movie. They are trying to make it dark like Batman and have superman not be a boy scout. Problem is Superman IS A BOY SCOUT. His comics are supposed to be more fun then dark. Sam Rami for example would be the perfect director for a Superman movie. If you want Superman to have problems and be dark and brooding go watch Hancock because that is what it is.

I have always hated mandalorians. Boba fett was cool, but then the rest of the mandos screwed it up.

And besides, if you want cover based shooters, go play mass effect.

I always viewed Boba Fett as "The guy in cool armor who was not nearly as awesome as he made himself out to be." I think mandalorians are overused. They're the Wolverine of Star Wars--they're everywhere, and they're just not that awesome.

I think the new game 1313 is going to be a cover shooter, though, but it's based around a bounty hunter and not a Mandalorian. A bounty hunter that's not a Mandalorian. I know, right? Who'da thunk it?

I always viewed Boba Fett as "The guy in cool armor who was not nearly as awesome as he made himself out to be." I think mandalorians are overused. They're the Wolverine of Star Wars--they're everywhere, and they're just not that awesome.

I think the new game 1313 is going to be a cover shooter, though, but it's based around a bounty hunter and not a Mandalorian. A bounty hunter that's not a Mandalorian. I know, right? Who'da thunk it?

Which is freaking awesome, if I do say so myself.

lol as I collect my star wars figures I noticed that anyone who isn't in the rebelion or the empire seems to be a Bounty Hunter. Even characters that are just scene in the background of the Prequels are Bounty hunters like this guy Rum Sleg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57524/starwars/images/b/b3/Rumsleg.JPG

Probably simply because it was Star Wars and I tend to play all major Star Wars games no matter how disgusting (looking at you, TFU games). But I think it's a terrible idea for a game and there should be an embargo on using Mandalorians in EU fiction for a decade.