Something weird in huttball.

Ybini

I've been having an occurance that happens, so far only in huttball. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen. I'll be in cover on the top rail, and it appears as though I jump up, then a jugg will come flying at me because I'm not in cover anymore. I know I'm not doing anything, so I'm wondering if theres some ability doing it. Its not the agent diversion ability that involved.

I have been knocked out of cover as well without really knowing what caused it.

A lot of aoe's will knock you out of cover. I suspect this includes those that don't do any damage but only result in a debuff. I don't know if taunts pull you out or not. I think it is unfair that a sorc can pull me out with lightning from 30m away and hold me out of cover so a jugg can leap to me. I also don't like that a stun (like the merc's dart) can hit me in cover, pull me out and I don't automatically go back in cover after it wears off or I break it. But unless they change it we will just have to deal with it.

The key to Juggs is they don't have any real ranged attacks and need to build up rage (might have a different name, but same as a knights focus). They might throw a saber, but that only hurts you if your health is low, otherwise it just reduces your armor. If one jumps to you, he immediately gets some and proc's for other abilities, the best thing to do is get away from him using leg shot (slows or roots depending on skill tree), dirty kick or flash grenade. If you are a slinger, then knockback. Then hit him with ranged attacks. The armor reduction won't hurt you unless someone can hit you.

Yeah this one is curious though, it makes you appear to jump up. I don't play with sound usually so I don't know if there is a sound effect involved. The only abilities I've ever seen knock me out of cover from a distance are the commando type pull and the agent diversion, whirlwind and the rest have to be near me. This seemed kind of odd, which was why I was asking if anyone else had seen it. I don't usually play a lot of huttball, in fact I go out of my way to avoid it but when I'm down to one round to potentially end my daily I'll go ahead and play it. I'll be frapsing all my huttball rounds to see if I can catch it.

Sure you didn't get hit with a stun that caused you to stand, which then opened you up for a leap?

No, it appeared to make me jump up. It was bizarre. No damage that I could tell, I didn't have my headphones on so I don't know if there was a sound effect.

I use Force Choke quite often on targets who are in cover and immediately leap to them. Sometimes I will let it tick for it's full duration and then leap, but normally if in a pinch and need rage or a proc I choke and then immediately leap. This give the illusion of standing up as I break the choke before you're floating in the air. This is probably what you are experiencing.

I use Force Choke quite often on targets who are in cover and immediately leap to them. Sometimes I will let it tick for it's full duration and then leap, but normally if in a pinch and need rage or a proc I choke and then immediately leap. This give the illusion of standing up as I break the choke before you're floating in the air. This is probably what you are experiencing.

I didn't take any damage though and I was a good distance away from the fray, and I didn't stand it was like I jumped up pretty high it seemed. It may have been the grenade thing, I'm not familiar with those. I'll have to investigate those.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't take any damage though and I was a good distance away from the fray, and I didn't stand it was like I jumped up pretty high it seemed. It may have been the grenade thing, I'm not familiar with those. I'll have to investigate those.

Yeah it was a grenade I finally figured out. Thanks for the input all.