KOTFE Level 60 character creation is bugged

Mausen

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The issues that many of you were experiencing when making a start at 60 character should now be resolved. We will be restoring the start at 60 token to the Cartel Market shortly. There are multiple different scenarios that your character and start at 60 tokens could be in, I want to cover each of them and what it means for you.

• I made a start at 60 character, but instead it created a level 1 character and put me on the fleet. I then deleted that character, but my start at 60 token was not restored.
    • You should now see your tokens restored to you when you are at Character select. You can create a level 60 normally now.

• I made a start at 60 character, but instead it created a level 1 character and put me on the fleet. I did not yet delete that character.
    • If you delete that character, your start at 60 token will be restored to you automatically and you can create your level 60 normally now.

If you still feel you are missing tokens, please contact CS. Thank you all for your patience as we worked through this issue.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks,

The issues that many of you were experiencing when making a start at 60 character should now be resolved. We will be restoring the start at 60 token to the Cartel Market shortly. There are multiple different scenarios that your character and start at 60 tokens could be in, I want to cover each of them and what it means for you.

• I made a start at 60 character, but instead it created a level 1 character and put me on the fleet. I then deleted that character, but my start at 60 token was not restored.
    • You should now see your tokens restored to you when you are at Character select. You can create a level 60 normally now.

• I made a start at 60 character, but instead it created a level 1 character and put me on the fleet. I did not yet delete that character.
    • If you delete that character, your start at 60 token will be restored to you automatically and you can create your level 60 normally now.

If you still feel you are missing tokens, please contact CS. Thank you all for your patience as we worked through this issue.

-eric

Yep got my token and got my level 60. Thanks for the fix!

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks Bioware! ;)

So will you be giving us our level 60 tokens back? because I deleted mine in hopes of making a new level 60... but nothing... refunds or naw?

Nah brah, nothing in that said anything about being restored. There is no bullet point which says anything about when you deleted your level 1 token character. They don't even tell you to contact customer support if something may have gone wrong.

Edited by Rustweaver

So will you be giving us our level 60 tokens back? because I deleted mine in hopes of making a new level 60... but nothing... refunds or naw?

Read the post... You should have your token back. If you don't make a ticket...

I deleted my level 1 and I got my token back now.

Hey folks,

-eric

Is this an ongoing fix? Or is it done as of your post? No token here (and I can't imagine a reality in which CS restore it manually).

i ran into this bug also. U create a character and deposits u at fleet if u don't pick the recommended option, which is the middle one. If u pick the recommended option, u start the game at level 60 in fallen empire. this was with the 1 free defalut character that BW provides u. Edited by belhawk

Hey folks,

-eric

I have my token back, thanks eric!

Hey folks,

-eric

I got no tokens refunded, neither the one I got for being a subscriber nor the three I actually bought. And my ticket has not been answered since saturday last week.

Hey folks,

-eric

I had a token pending in my Unclaimed Cartel items, and it was not restored. Thats 2,000 Cartel Coins i'm currently out. Put in a customer service ticket, but just wanted to make you aware of another situation you might need to look at for mass refunds.

Just wondering how stupid and ignorant some users appear to be. To everyone who is affected by this bug: Your fault! Bioware warned about the bug and advised even via the launcher NOT TO USE any LVL60 token. I did it anyway for testing purposes, following BWs instructions. And the token didn't work => Lvl 1 char. But i did get back my token. BW explained why this crap happens and that they are working on a fix. Now let me tell you something: I am working at the IT customer support of a big, global corporation and well...the IT can be a *****. But customers can be even worse. No matter how you warn them, what you do or how hard you try: They dont just complain, they get personal. Just like way too many of you guys do. Debugging takes time, so get a real life. You have been warned NOT to use your tokens now by any way possible. Ad it has been removed from the CM. Stop whining, give them time to fix the problem (which might result in another problem, leading to another problem, delaying the next chapter, leading to another problem etc).

The SWTOR team isn't made of droids, resulting in weekend, additional costs for additional shifts etc. Their world isnt focused just about you, maybe for about 8-10 hrs a day. You want 24/7 high speed support? Well, then you better forget about the F2P and 13$ a month sub. SWTOR would be way more expansive, even without new content.

Life is a ***** guys, deal with it and make love to your girlfriend instead of flaming.

LOL who exactly do you think informed bioware other than the people who had it happen to them. It's been an issue for around a week at least before BW even acknowledged it.

Just wondering how stupid and ignorant some users appear to be. To everyone who is affected by this bug: Your fault! Bioware warned about the bug and advised even via the launcher NOT TO USE any LVL60 token. I did it anyway for testing purposes, following BWs instructions. And the token didn't work => Lvl 1 char. But i did get back my token. BW explained why this crap happens and that they are working on a fix. Now let me tell you something: I am working at the IT customer support of a big, global corporation and well...the IT can be a *****. But customers can be even worse. No matter how you warn them, what you do or how hard you try: They dont just complain, they get personal. Just like way too many of you guys do. Debugging takes time, so get a real life. You have been warned NOT to use your tokens now by any way possible. Ad it has been removed from the CM. Stop whining, give them time to fix the problem (which might result in another problem, leading to another problem, delaying the next chapter, leading to another problem etc).

The SWTOR team isn't made of droids, resulting in weekend, additional costs for additional shifts etc. Their world isnt focused just about you, maybe for about 8-10 hrs a day. You want 24/7 high speed support? Well, then you better forget about the F2P and 13$ a month sub. SWTOR would be way more expansive, even without new content.

Life is a ***** guys, deal with it and make love to your girlfriend instead of flaming.

Well said. Also, I'd imagine that custom support was told not to touch anything 60 lvl tokens related to not make anything worse accidentally)

Hey folks,

-eric

I still have not had my level 60 token restored after I deleted the level 1 character that it created when I tried to use my free instant level 60.

I had a token pending in my Unclaimed Cartel items, and it was not restored. Thats 2,000 Cartel Coins i'm currently out. Put in a customer service ticket, but just wanted to make you aware of another situation you might need to look at for mass refunds.

This right here! I'm in the same situation. I have sent in a ticket, we shall see what happens...:mad:

Well I too had a token in the unclaimed items but it was there the whole time so I was able to use it. Whether I actually get a 60 haven't tried. Did you lose the unclaimed token when they pulled it from CM? Or did you use it and never get the unlock?