Nightmare Mode Loot System Change Suggestion

Last night our guild started Nightmare Mode EV after completing regular EV and Karagga's Palace.

To our surprise, the loot on the boss was not auto-assigned to classes who could use it like regular-mode Operations. Everything was a Need/Greed pop-up. Drops were displayed 2 at a time.

As we looked through the drops and discussed who would roll on what, the internal "roll" timer ended. Loot was distributed who-knows-how and we couldn't even see what all the drops were.

There was one Agent in the Operation. The Rakata Agent gloves token dropped. It was auto-looted to a Marauder who couldn't trade it to the Agent.

Needless to say, we were rather unhappy. We put in a ticket.

Suggestions:

1. Display all the drops at the same time.

2. Allow trading of BoP items among the Operation group that killed the boss.

3. Display a visual indicator of a timer when you run a timer.

Last night our guild started Nightmare Mode EV after completing regular EV and Karagga's Palace.

To our surprise, the loot on the boss was not auto-assigned to classes who could use it like regular-mode Operations. Everything was a Need/Greed pop-up. Drops were displayed 2 at a time.

As we looked through the drops and discussed who would roll on what, the internal "roll" timer ended. Loot was distributed who-knows-how and we couldn't even see what all the drops were.

There was one Agent in the Operation. The Rakata Agent gloves token dropped. It was auto-looted to a Marauder who couldn't trade it to the Agent.

Suggestions:

If you trust the people in your group(and if it's a guild group you should) why didn't you just tell ppl to roll need on what they can use(class stuff) and greed the other stuff. Certainly you had to see the counter going down, so it wasn't a surprise. Not being able to watch a timer is rather silly. It is honestly your own fault for not being able to figure things out fast enough....good luck on the ticket, but I doubt they will do anything, being that there was a timer for ppl to roll on. I am personally amazed that people that could not even use stuff didn't just auto pass on the loot.....that wouldn't have been so hard for the people in your op either.

Is there a graphical timer? I must have missed it. Could have been. I was reading what items dropped and discussing who would roll on what at the time.

It was a surprise change from the looting system in non-Nightmare mode.

As soon as someone clicked on the body, the loot popped up for everyone (2 items at a time) and the timer started.

Anyway, there are several fixes that could make that system better. This isn't the first time I've seen loot go to the wrong person that could have been traded to solve the problem, but required a ticket instead.

I figure the devs are motivated to make changes which generate less customer service load.

Suggestions:

Tell everyone to turn Auto-loot off if you aren't going to use Master Looter.

/thread

Regards,

KK

Is there a graphical timer? I must have missed it. Could have been. I was reading what items dropped and discussing who would roll on what at the time.

It was a surprise change from the looting system in non-Nightmare mode.

As soon as someone clicked on the body, the loot popped up for everyone (2 items at a time) and the timer started.

Anyway, there are several fixes that could make that system better. This isn't the first time I've seen loot go to the wrong person that could have been traded to solve the problem, but required a ticket instead.

I figure the devs are motivated to make changes which generate less customer service load.

No, they expect people to be able to realize they should pass on loot they cannot personally use. Why would the marauder not have auto passed on an item that was for Imperial Agents.......that is what I want to know out of all of this. I mean I can understand if you have two agents you are trying to decide between, but the marauder should have auto passed anyway, since he cannot use the loot. That whole thing is what baffles me. You don't think it is odd that the marauder didn't just auto pass on the Agent piece?

Yeah, it's odd.

I wish we could have all seen what the loot was before the timer ended. I wish the Marauder was able to trade the Agent token.

We couldn't even see who selected Need/Greed or the rolls on any item because the 72 lines of text scrolled by. It was very confusing.

Which is why I suggest some changes to the system. Especially since it's a different system than normal mode.

So there's some suggestions to improve the game and reduce GM work load. :)

The only thing that needs to occur is people acting faster. You all where intelegent enough to get this far if people in your guild are this derpy you should consider other options. Especially replacing the marauder who didn't reqlize he wasn't an imperial agent...I would also explain how it works next time before a fight just to avoid this happening again. Edited by Delurian

The system is fine. What is broken is one of your raiders had auto-loot turned on. The moment he clicked the body, he attempted to loot all the items which prompted rolls on EVERYTHING at once.

If you all understood how looting works, you would not have had the problem and could have rolled on each item individually and with plenty of time to discuss.

This is a l2p issue.

Regards,

KK

• 1 month later...

The problem is with the loot timer.

We had a smuggler accidentally loot the Jedi Knight token. If the loot timer runs out, whatever hasn't been assigned gets treated as if it was passed on. The problem we had was that our two Jedi Knights didn't get a chance to roll on it because it was the last on the list and everyone spent the 1 minute loot timer talking about the gear beforehand.

Master Looter is a good "workaround" for this problem. However this is still a real problem. Here's why:

When the timer runs out, the items gets treated as if it is passed on, the very next person to loot the boss picks up the item automatically. THIS needs to be fixed. I agree with the thread creator's suggestions totally.

Also, we put in a ticket about having the item transferred to one of our Jedi Knights, it has been almost 3 weeks now and Bioware has yet to assist us. The person who looted the item put the ticket in as well... and yet no response or action taken yet.

So don't screw it up, because it doesn't look like Bioware is going to help you with this one.

We had a problem where we had two agent rakata helms drop and had two agents in the operation. Loot was set to NBG to get the crafting raws but there was a lot of confusion on how to get each helm to the agents rather than having one agent get both and the other get none. Glad to see they are fixing the crafting raws and other loot not being there when set to master looter, that will make things a lot cleaner for our runs.

Yeah, it's odd.

I wish we could have all seen what the loot was before the timer ended. I wish the Marauder was able to trade the Agent token.

We couldn't even see who selected Need/Greed or the rolls on any item because the 72 lines of text scrolled by. It was very confusing.

Which is why I suggest some changes to the system. Especially since it's a different system than normal mode.

So there's some suggestions to improve the game and reduce GM work load. :)

There is nothing wrong with the system, everything that happened to you was user error. If you aren't going to use master looter in hardmode/nightmare mode then you should have auto loot off and have 1 person loot each drop one at a time after you discuss who it goes to or who is rolling for it. The people who need it roll need, everyone else passes or greeds. The reason everything popped up at the same time was because someone in your raid made a mistake and looted it all at once, the marauder got the token because he rolled on it instead of passing.

Much of what I would suggest has already been said, but the solution really is pretty simple. Turn off auto-loot and have only the leader disperse items one at a time from the boss, calling the item out before looting it and determining who is going to be needing on it prior to sending it out for rolls... This isn't rocket science.

So you raid nightmare mode, and didnt know there was a graphical timer? Really? :p

Anyhow, as many people say this is YOUR fault. My guild has used the system where everyone turns auto-loof off, the raid leader links 1 item into the chat and we then discuss who gets it. Whoever we decide gets it rolls need, and everyone else roll greed.

There's enough whine threads on the forums, if everyone was gonna make one because of their own stupidity, the forums would be flooded.