Welcome to Game Update 2.7: Invasion

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if this is a 3 part story, does that mean that we won't be getting an update on the story in every patch until the end of the year?

Since in June we are getting 2.8

August we are getting something (lets say 2.9)

October - 2.10

December 2.11

(Ignoring the fact that the numbers may be wrong)

We have 4 patches coming up by the end of the year (one if which includes the "makeb sized expansion") with only 2 containing story for this...

Can we get any indication of when this story will continue?

I am super excited. I cant wait to take it to the Jedi on Typhon. This is gonna be sweet. I am really looking forward to season 2 PVP and WZ too. Maybe.... Just maybe I can rank well enough with my Sorcerer. hehehehe.

As someone who doesn't frequent the forums, or check PTS leaks or anything, part of me is a bit disappointed that the starting worlds didn't change to reflect the aftermath of the invasions. I understand that it'd be impractical, a waste of time and by all measures more trouble then it would be worth, but still. >.>

That aside, however, looking forward to running the new content. Keep it coming, guys! :)

I read somewhere about the level cap being increased but see nothing is said in the notes about it... so is that a no?

Not this patch. All we know this year is that we will be getting a "makeb sized expansion" that I think that they said will include a level cap raise.

So if this is a 3 part story, does that mean that we won't be getting an update on the story in every patch until the end of the year?

October - 2.10

December 2.11

We have 4 patches coming up by the end of the year (one if which includes the "makeb sized expansion") with only 2 containing story for this...

They just said it's 3 parts no where did they say how long each part is. Part 2 could expand over 2 patches or part 3 could be a patch and an expansion. We don't know enough at the moment. We do know 3.0 will be coming sometime this year

Edited by MisterBlackJack

They just said it's 3 parts no where did they say how long each part is. We do know 3.0 will be coming sometime this year

I wasn't talking about how long they are though. I was asking when they come out.

I know we don't know, I was just hoping that maybe we could get some indication of how long we may have to wait to continue the story (in hopes of avoiding the long wait and eventual end of class stories like we originally had)

Since its 3 parts it would be fairly safe to assume they mean that we will be getting in 3 different patches (the first of which being 2.7)

Edited by ninjonxb

October - 2.10

December 2.11

This is PRECISELY what I want to know, and I also want to know if any of it is quests (feeding into the soloable question).

This game is sorely hurting for quest story content.

I wasn't talking about how long they are though. I was asking when they come out.

I know we don't know, I was just hoping that maybe we could get some indication of how long we may have to wait to continue the story (in hopes of avoiding the long wait and eventual end of class stories like we originally had)

Since its 3 parts it would be fairly safe to assume they mean that we will be getting in 3 different patches (the first of which being 2.7)

Well they have said plenty of times they are not working on class stories and have no plans to continue them.

Well they have said plenty of times they are not working on class stories and have no plans to continue them.

Sorry but are you reading my posts?

In my post I mentioned that class stories are canceled. But we did not know this for a while after launch. My point in asking is to avoid the lack of communication that resulted in people wondering when we would get more class story.

Just because they are no longer doing class stories does not stop them from doing a questline all 4 classes can play and that pulls from the various class stories so that as people play that storyline, they feel the spirit of their class story is infused into that shared questline.

This game is sorely hurting for quest story content.

Wha...???

This game has more story quest content than any three MMO's out there combined. You have 8 class stories and two factions stories through level 50, and another more or less "unified" story through 55. Not to mention the side/optional arcs out there. (Seeker/Macrobinocular quests.)

Granted, any game benefits from additional content of all types, but to suggest we have less questing content in TOR seems like an odd criticism.

Im not very happy with this patch. Another tactical flash point really? and to remove the knock down on hidden strike for operatives is absurd. i cant even enjoy my concealment role any more. if i wanted to make a pvp based toon then i would have been on a pvp server. Dont try to fix something thats not broken . Way to go bioware. Im going to unsub at this point.

I'm very happy with this patch so far. The two flashpoints are very fun especially when two manning it. The actual boss mechanics keep you on your toes and the loot inside is good if you are lucky. The changes to each class is great. The removal of knockdowns will now make PvP less annoying. I was playing my Jugg though and the changes to Enraged Defense is OMG amazing! I didn't need a healer for that flashpoint because the heals from Enraged Defense kept healing me to full lol. Might be a tad overpowered, but I'll need to use it outside of flashpoint environments.

Things I have to do when I return from work...

Quesh Huttball

Begin upgrading to Brutalizer

Sell MMG's

Try and fail Nightmare Dread Fortress

Run Forged Alliances on every character

Bounty Event

Im not very happy with this patch. Another tactical flash point really? and to remove the knock down on hidden strike for operatives is absurd. i cant even enjoy my concealment role any more. if i wanted to make a pvp based toon then i would have been on a pvp server. Dont try to fix something thats not broken . Way to go bioware. Im going to unsub at this point.

I believe they are removing story mode for tactical (role neutral not level nuetral, kuat is an exception.) But they still plan to make hard modes won't be surprised if we see hard modes of these flash point later down the line.

Wha...???

This game has more story quest content than any three MMO's out there combined. You have 8 class stories and two factions stories through level 50, and another more or less "unified" story through 55. Not to mention the side/optional arcs out there. (Seeker/Macrobinocular quests.)

Granted, any game benefits from additional content of all types, but to suggest we have less questing content in TOR seems like an odd criticism.

Some of us have been here long enough to have done all the class quests 10 times over. I am taking about new Story quest content since the release of makeb.

The only thing that even comes remotely close to qualifying is Oricon and that is in conjunction with a daily area and is VERY short.

The rest is dailies, flashpoints, and operations, none of which fit the definition of questing content.

Some of us have been here long enough to have done all the class quests 10 times over. I am taking about new Story quest content since the release of makeb.

The only thing that even comes remotely close to qualifying is Oricon and that is in conjunction with a daily area and is VERY short.

The rest is dailies, flashpoints, and operations, none of which fit the definition of questing content.

Ah, so you are asking for extended story content for the end game. That makes more sense.

Generally speaking, story content is low gain for development as far as the end game goes, since as you point out, people hate repeating that content over and over. There's just no way to keep up with demand for that type of content as you can consume it much faster than it can be created.

Personally, as someone who's been here since weekend beta's, I think they've struck a good balance on new story content, and I'm looking forward to this one. If they put more into it then other areas would suffer too much for too little gain.

Can't wait to get home and download this for tonight's play.

Well I have done the Korriban FP via my commando and it was a lot of fun. I read the patch notes and my theory that you might lower the comms cost for the basic weapons at Czerka came true , it was a good job I didn't buy one 2 days ago on my Vanguard who had 383 elite comms. I bought a belt instead. I wonder what you mean by adjusting the health and damage of the bosses in Labs and Meltdown , are they stronger again ? That would be fun , like old times.

Keep up the great work you cheeky little monkey lizards!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Why do you keep nerfing shadows? This is absurd. First we lose range on stun, then our knockback is a cone, then we can't heal ourselves, and now our kick is a stun instead of a knockdown. I might as well get rid of this toon.

Combat shadows are totally worthless against bounty hunters, ops, and sorcs. Thanks guys.

Edited by JediJFR

Big LOL from game creators. New patch SUX. Story in new FPs? Where is that promised story? And what u've done with some clasess... U've completely disappoint my trust. And u wonder that ppl go to other games??? ....