Crew skill help

Haltermania

i have a couple of questions regarding crew skills and my class (maudrer sith warrior)

1) if i get rid of a crew skill and add another and later i decide to go back to my original one does it reset? basically i am using the weaving skill, if i decide to do the artifice skill and then go back to weaving will my weaving skill start at 0 again

2) i have been reading that the best crew skills to use for my class is treasure hunter, weaving and artiface. i tried doing that but it appeared i couldnt do the artiface because i had the weaving?

i have a couple of questions regarding crew skills and my class (maudrer sith warrior)

1) if i get rid of a crew skill and add another and later i decide to go back to my original one does it reset? basically i am using the weaving skill, if i decide to do the artifice skill and then go back to weaving will my weaving skill start at 0 again

If you get rid of a crew skill you start all over again from the beginning

2) i have been reading that the best crew skills to use for my class is treasure hunter, weaving and artiface. i tried doing that but it appeared i couldnt do the artiface because i had the weaving?

You can only use crafting skill at a time. It would need to be Synthweaving or Artifice. If you go Artifie you need Archaeology and Treasure Hunting. Synthweaving uses Archaeology and Underworld Trading. If you're doing it for gear Synthweaving is the best option because you can remain level gear progression wise with your in game level. Just make sure you have the comps to do it. If you're looking for cash it's a waste until you have enough companions to do all the crew skill missions you need. I'd go BioChem or add slicing to one of your other crafting skills.

1) if i get rid of a crew skill and add another and later i decide to go back to my original one does it reset? basically i am using the weaving skill, if i decide to do the artifice skill and then go back to weaving will my weaving skill start at 0 again?

It's not quite that bleak ... it resets to 1, not 0.

You can only have one crafting skill, so whoever wrote what you read was mistaken or you misunderstood. Synthweaving and Artifice are both crafting skills; you can have one or the other. Either one will require you to take Archaeology if you want to harvest your own crafting mats. Treasure Hunting is only good for Artifice (which makes crystals, saber hilts, enhancement item mods, and off-hand shields, generators and foci), for it's advanced crafting mats. If you want to make force user armor or augments with Synthweaving, you'll want Underworld Trading instead.

Thank you all for responding yesterday I was playing and i got a new companion from my spaceship. Can you have a new set of crew skills for your new companion? So with Vette i have Artiface, Arch, treasure hunting. now i have my robot can i have 3 new crew skills or does it all have to be the same?