Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

ObiJuanShenobi

Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs.

You are 100% wrong on this point. In fact, the only reason many Puggers win at all is thanks to a premade carrying them.

And no penalty for quitting needed. Let the quitters leave. Who cares. They already will not receive rewards. Additionally, it's a NWZ and your chances just increased to actually get someone good to fill their spot.

If they stoped matching premades with pugs i think most rage quiters would stop, they also need cross server pvp ques as well, getting rolled by the same guild for most of the afternoon / evening is kind of demoralizing.

I highly doubt your first point and I don't trust your Tinfoil Hat. Quitters and Losers are who they are regardless of team constitutions. You encounter them in all walks of life, and interestingly enough, they are the majority of the population. The last thing anyone should do, in any case, is make a change catering to quitters and losers.

I do agree that we need XServer queues, but only for RWZs. They aren't a need for NWZs, although I wouldn't complain if they were also provided for NWZs.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont believe that for a second,ive been in groups where i was the most highest in HP and i was a smuggler,and as soon as the other team scores one point in huttball the quitter types leave,i mean the match just started and they bail and i cant count how many times that one score was it,and we walked away with the win,it would be very comical if these quitters had updates weekly on how many matches they left that ended up being W's.

Yea that's a great idea, had many match's where we pulled off a win after people left at the first sign off effort being needed

After reading all the posts to my thread, I've come to the conclusion that maybe it's not so cut and dry when it comes to calling for the end of premades and harsh punishment for rage quitters.

How about these suggestions:

- allowing premades only if BW puts in tiers based on gear or expertise? Decked out in full rated WH gear? You only get qued in reg WZs against others with full rated WH gear. Same for reg WH gear, BM gear, ect. Group us together based on gear or expertise and let skill sort out the rest. That's fair I think?

-cross server ques so my last suggestion doesn't have u waiting forever in que

- 15 min deserter debuff for quitters. That suggestion stands. Why shouldn't you be punished? You wasted your team's time!

- to counter ppl going AFK bc they don't want the debuff, put in a vote 'kick' option or a stricter AFK removal feature. The debuff is needed but so is something else to keep ppl from just wasting space bc they are mad and wanna stand there and 'defend'

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

My main and only issue is this. I don't leave warzones, I finish what I start no matter what. But the last 4 matches (to finish my daily) on my Sniper on Ebon Hawk. Every wz I queued into was either done already or right in the middle somewhere.

Couldn't play to my fullest and stuck in a losing game instead of participating in something from beginning to end. It's frustrating.

I think part of the problem is that losses don't contribute to the Weekly like they do the Dailies. When working on completing the Weekly and in a warzone and it becomes clear a win is hopeless or very unlikely, you're going to get even more annoyed and grumpy than usual. Even if it's Tuesday and you already have 5 or 6 wins..

I think part of the problem is that losses don't contribute to the Weekly like they do the Dailies. When working on completing the Weekly and in a warzone and it becomes clear a win is hopeless or very unlikely, you're going to get even more annoyed and grumpy than usual. Even if it's Tuesday and you already have 5 or 6 wins..

You actually make a very good point, I didn't think of that. If BW changed the weekly from 9 wins to like 20 games played or something, that'd cut down on the rage quitting by far and wouldn't even need a deserter debuff implemented

Honestly, win.. lose.. hell does it matter?

You'll still get (some) rewards regardless if you get trounced or not so getting all bent out of shape because people decided to quit towards the end of the match?

Guess people will take anything too seriously, given the chance..

Honestly, win.. lose.. hell does it matter?

You'll still get (some) rewards regardless if you get trounced or not so getting all bent out of shape because people decided to quit towards the end of the match?

Guess people will take anything too seriously, given the chance..

Actually it does matter. In regards to valor and comms, nothing pays like winning. When u can't win WZs bc of premades and quitters it gets annoying spending so much time on getting little reward

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

I dont play in a premade at all. I am a 41 sage, Pugs vs premades are not a problem at all. Good players vs bad players are the problem. What I see is that the people arguing that premades are ruining warzones, are the same people that quits the matches so that they dont learn to play.

All I am going to say is this.

If you are moaning about ppl quitting, then improve your game. Its that simple. Its funny how the majority here just spout out a load of rubbish regarding quitters, without a thought why they quit.

I have and always will quit when I encounter an idiot in pvp as I do not wish to play with ppl who can't call inc, watch a door, or allow a door to be capped behind them inside 8 seconds as it happened yesterday.

That and those clueless ones coming in PvE gear are the reasons why ppl quit. Don't like it? Learn to play. Its that simple

couldn't of said it better myself. im afraid u just can't fix stupid...

Edited by Fozy

I think the best solution for the alleviating the premades in the solo que is to lower the minimum number of groups in ranked to 2, and stop all groups in the solo que. Maybe you'd get more people in ranked WZ's as well.

But what is the problem with lowering the number in ranked? Then 4 man groups with be teamed with another 4 man groups (or two 2 mans) and would be forced to go against 8 man Aug. WH groups and get roflstomped. Then they would cry about unfair advantages and start refusing to que and be IN THE SAME BOAT as the people that are wanting groups out of the solo que and that rage quit wz's.

I think the bottom line is there are too many epeen'rs that make up premades in the solo que. They want that easy win against the pug and don't want to see their "stats" have lower ratings by being forced to que against 8 mans in rated. So really there is no easy solution but I think it makes more sense to get the groups out of the solo que to keep the pvp population up.

If you want to punish quitters, then bring in the same kind of treatments for those who -

a) enter pvp in pve gear

b) fail to call inc

c) fail to pass the ball in huttball

d) brainless folk

These are the main reasons why I quit a wz as I refuse outright to play with people who haven't a clue what they are doing and by lvl 50, there simply is NO excuses not understand how to play the game.

100% agree with everything you said. If you want to punish the people that are for leaving a warzone because of a bunch of idiots then punish the idiots as well for being brain dead.

I understand disagreeing with quitters leaving simply because of who they are fighting against. Some are fraction based while other are guild based quitters. But, what I do agree with is quitters leaving awful games. There is no way I am going to be forced to play with a bunch of scrubs who have no concept of warzone objectives. I refused to waste my time in a death match huttball, games where players fight enemy players as soon as they get out of spawn, or when the entire team does their own Leeroy Jenkins (everyone going in 1 at a time instead of in a group).

If you are moaning about ppl quitting, then improve your game. Its that simple. Its funny how the majority here just spout out a load of rubbish regarding quitters, without a thought why they quit.

I have and always will quit when I encounter an idiot in pvp as I do not wish to play with ppl who can't call inc, watch a door, or allow a door to be capped behind them inside 8 seconds as it happened yesterday.

That and those clueless ones coming in PvE gear are the reasons why ppl quit. Don't like it? Learn to play. Its that simple

Let me just say that YES this is my thread and I am complaining bout the quitters. But your 'play better' solution is not a solution. Why? Because I heal for 500k nearly every game and rarely die...in BM/WH gear. So there is nothing wrong with MY gameplay. My problem is with the gameplay as a whole ( the quitters and the constant premade rofl-stomping).

Until I am given the option of excluding certain maps from my PvP queue, I will fully use my right to quit out of the maps I detest.

Don't like it? You can pay my monthly sub and only then have the right to make me stay. Until then, bollocks to you.

Edited by Malkavier

Until they fix the premade queueing against pug, and not split them to face premades. I will leave every time there is a premade, I do not feel like getting rolled by premade and wasting time. If you will add me even 1 hour deserter debuff, because I will leave when is premade, then I will just go do something else for 1 hour. The only thing you will acomplish is making your queues longer.

Regards

If you want to punish quitters, then bring in the same kind of treatments for those who -

a) enter pvp in pve gear

b) fail to call inc

c) fail to pass the ball in huttball

d) brainless folk

These are the main reasons why I quit a wz as I refuse outright to play with people who haven't a clue what they are doing and by lvl 50, there simply is NO excuses not understand how to play the game.

I was just about to post something very similar. When I would quit a warzone, it wasn't because we were losing necessarily, it was because people were making stupid mistakes.

Until they fix the premade queueing against pug, and not split them to face premades. I will leave every time there is a premade, I do not feel like getting rolled by premade and wasting time. If you will add me even 1 hour deserter debuff, because I will leave when is premade, then I will just go do something else for 1 hour. The only thing you will acomplish is making your queues longer.

Regards

This. And it is what the vast majority of the player base will do. This is at the very least, at worst the player will not bother with this pedantic and fruitless endeavor, the player will just flat out quit the game. Leaving the system as is IS NOT the answer nor will bring long term longevity to the game. Premades Vs Pugs should not exist and needs to be phased out.

The solutions are:

Cross Realm Function

Adequate Matchmaking

Split Queues

Edited by LeonHawkeye

Let me just say that YES this is my thread and I am complaining bout the quitters. But your 'play better' solution is not a solution. Why? Because I heal for 500k nearly every game and rarely die...in BM/WH gear. So there is nothing wrong with MY gameplay. My problem is with the gameplay as a whole ( the quitters and the constant premade rofl-stomping).

This. And it is what the vast majority of the player base will do. This is at the very least, at worst the player will not bother with this pedantic and fruitless endeavor, the player will just flat out quit the game. Leaving the system as is IS NOT the answer nor will bring long term longevity to the game. Premades Vs Pugs should not exist and needs to be phased out.

The solutions are:

Cross Realm Function

Adequate Matchmaking

Split Queues

You're leaving out the biggest solution. One that is proven to work:

Join a guild. Queue up with 3 of your friends.

Too busy? Don't have friends? You have my sympathy, and my full support if YOU decide to separate yourself, and leave a WZ when you face a premade. I support your right to quit a WZ if you don't think you will enjoy yourself.

Please stop asking Bioware to infringe on everyone else's right to play with their friends in an MMO.

I don't like warzone quitters, used to be a guild rule we never quit warzones. Now it's a recommended guideline.

I quit warzones when the people in them quit playing but stay in the warzone. I'd much rather have someone drop out of a match than sit there and suck or do nothing but complain and do nothing to help take the lead.

At least when the quitters quit you've got a chance of winning if the new guy isn't a quitter too.

You're leaving out the biggest solution. One that is proven to work:

Join a guild. Queue up with 3 of your friends.

Too busy? Don't have friends? You have my sympathy, and my full support if YOU decide to separate yourself, and leave a WZ when you face a premade. I support your right to quit a WZ if you don't think you will enjoy yourself.

Please stop asking Bioware to infringe on everyone else's right to play with their friends in an MMO.

I am in one of the most active PvP guilds on our server. I run Premades around 75% of the time kid, it doesn't change the state of our dysfunctional system. The fact of the matter is, if the system stays the way it is, the game WILL continue to hemorrhage subs at the rate it has been if not faster. The 3 stated fixes make for a much more solid system, only eliminating the possibility of a mismatched Pug Vs Premade group. Queue times would remain the same for everyone. Please explain to me how this is a worse system than the current one? Other than Premades losing out on the Roflstomp of Pug opponents, the suggested combination of Cross Realm, Adequate Matchmaking and Split queues provides only for a much more attractive, fair, competitive and fluent system.

Leaving the system as is effectively repels the vast majority of the player base just to keep the minority that is you and your 3 other friends happy ( along with the other groups that consider Premade VS Pug roflstomp fair and fun) with an abomination that should not exist, Pug Vs Premade. Don't know about you, but my friends and I don't enjoy playing against Pugs when we're in a premade group, short of getting our dailies done quickly it provides absolutely nothing for us. If on the other hand that turns you on, I can see your resistance to the change, otherwise the system takes away only Premade VS Pug roflstomp yet offers oh, so much.

Edited by LeonHawkeye