Merge servers GSF IS NOT POPING!!

BraverDre

Many east cost servers are dead. We need a server merge! Nothing is poping!

Where is this coming from? From everything I've heard, JC, and shadowlands pops decently during those servers Prime times and they are both east coast servers. Unless your on Pot5 (which is totally dead).

You could always go to harbinger, or even TRE. Pops there are opposite ends of the prime time spectrum.

Prime time east coat for TRE is from about 8 am to 6 pm

Harbinger prime time runs about 8pm thru all night sometimes

Just some suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
Shadowlands and before that JC were my main servers. My ping was around 55 on the east coast servers. Now on Harbinger my ping is 70'ish. The game plays virtually the same and gets smoother the later in the evening it gets.

They must merge servers in 2017 otherwise GSF will die as ranked pvp did

this is not true at all. As others have said, GSF is based on your servers population. Server merges, and cross server is not required to keep GSF alive. This is proven by the fact multiple server have active GSF communities/queu's throughout the day, and many other servers have solid GSF queu's during that servers prime time.

this is not true at all. As others have said, GSF is based on your servers population. Server merges, and cross server is not required to keep GSF alive. This is proven by the fact multiple server have active GSF communities/queu's throughout the day, and many other servers have solid GSF queu's during that servers prime time.

Yes but are they quality games or are the faction imbalanced one side always wins matches? Cause I really don't count that as a community. A community is a mix of random players and premades on both sides.

Yes but are they quality games or are the faction imbalanced one side always wins matches? Cause I really don't count that as a community. A community is a mix of random players and premades on both sides.

If you are looking to find the 'GSF community,' you should head over to the GSF Discord. You will find hundreds of pilots there, including the most active ones playing. The Discord chat makes it easy to find out who is on, where they're playing, and who might be interested in grouping up or populating a faction that's getting outgunned.

Perception can be a funny thing. It's not too uncommon on Harbinger to have good players queuing on both sides... but the matchmaker somehow never pits them against one another. It may look like one side is 'stacked' when in reality it's just a case of luck as to who gets put into a match against each other. Most of the very active GSF players have multiple characters on both sides and will frequently switch. Different people come and go at various times of day.

I can say with certainty that Harbinger and The Red Eclipse are both very active servers. Ebon Hawk and Jedi Covenant are less active but do get matches. I don't have recent experience on other servers, though I believe Shadowlands still has an active player base.

I know it requires a bit of extra effort, but try the Discord if you're looking to find out who's on and ready to queue. And if you're having trouble figuring GSF out, watch some videos at GSF School.

- Despon

I agree. I would support a merge, particularly to benefit GSF. I enjoy GSF, but it only pops at specific times of the day, and it's always the same few people unless you're lucky enough to hit it exactly at peak hour and then you might see fresh faces... some of the known "veteran flyers" are rude elitist jerks who repeatedly come over to my faction to whisper hate messages for no reason, because that'll get more people to queue up or solve anything.

It's very clear on my server that most people (particularly most of the serious Starfighter players) go Imperial. They don't want an actual challenge, and enjoy just picking on whoever's left pubside. Even though ironically they seem to think it's the other way around.

Just because I recognize and see many of the same names doesn't make it "community" or positive. It's actually an experience I'd rather avoid, when I have no real problems with the mechanics of GSF by itself.

I agree. I would support a merge, particularly to benefit GSF. I enjoy GSF, but it only pops at specific times of the day, and it's always the same few people unless you're lucky enough to hit it exactly at peak hour and then you might see fresh faces... some of the known "veteran flyers" are rude elitist jerks who repeatedly come over to my faction to whisper hate messages for no reason, because that'll get more people to queue up or solve anything.

It's very clear on my server that most people (particularly most of the serious Starfighter players) go Imperial. They don't want an actual challenge, and enjoy just picking on whoever's left pubside. Even though ironically they seem to think it's the other way around.

Just because I recognize and see many of the same names doesn't make it "community" or positive. It's actually an experience I'd rather avoid, when I have no real problems with the mechanics of GSF by itself.

Most players don't want a challenge on all servers. I don't know which server you're from, but having flown around a lot I can tell you that all servers are either faction skewed, or "shuffle" to the stronger faction (or both). I could probably count on one hand the player who still play and also balance out factions when needed. My point is that cross-server wouldn't help in any way, because all you'd see is players suddenly flying on the other faction. It will help with faster pops and such, but that's not what you're looking for.

Which server do you fly on? In my experience most players who hate-message aren't regulars, but rather newer players -- just like in ground PvP.

If you care enough to come here to this forum and detail the problem, why not take an active step in service of solving it? Organize a group of people to fly against the veterans. It doesn't take long to gear the few ships you'll need to be competitive. Practice together, increase your skill, and suddenly you then have a strong group pubside to combat the ones that are giving you trouble. Participate actively in solving your dilemma. It is a PvP game, people are there for competition. I fully disagree with out-of-combat harassment like the verbal bullying you allude to, but within the context of the matches you get, fight fire with fire.

- Despon

If you care enough to come here to this forum and detail the problem, why not take an active step in service of solving it? Organize a group of people to fly against the veterans. It doesn't take long to gear the few ships you'll need to be competitive. Practice together, increase your skill, and suddenly you then have a strong group pubside to combat the ones that are giving you trouble. Participate actively in solving your dilemma. It is a PvP game, people are there for competition. I fully disagree with out-of-combat harassment like the verbal bullying you allude to, but within the context of the matches you get, fight fire with fire.

- Despon

Why in theory I agree with the grouping advice in real life there is often a reason why the weak side of the server is the weak side. One of them is a resistance against grouping up because premades are baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. From my last two attemps to form an imperial group on T3-M4 where Imperial side is the weak side I am the only one who didn't completly switched fraction, server or stopped playing completly. So depending on the state of the weak side of the server sometimes the efforts of one player alone are not enough to turn the tide.

So depending on the state of the weak side of the server sometimes the efforts of one player alone are not enough to turn the tide.

Getting a group on the spur of the moment isn't always easy, but you might have more luck in the GSF Discord than the in-game chat channel. Impromptu groups can be convenient, but for building a more lasting presence and getting some players together who could improve through practice with one another, try to aim for something more consistent. See if you can find a handful of pilots who like playing enough that you could set up times to fly.

The solution to "there is a skilled group playing" is never going to be "make them stop playing by complaining about it." The sooner people accept this and look for a practical course of action, the better off they're likely to be.

- Despon

• 4 weeks later...
Getting a group on the spur of the moment isn't always easy, but you might have more luck in the GSF Discord than the in-game chat channel. Impromptu groups can be convenient, but for building a more lasting presence and getting some players together who could improve through practice with one another, try to aim for something more consistent. See if you can find a handful of pilots who like playing enough that you could set up times to fly.

- Despon

Seems like a herculean effort when before all you had to do is hit a button and get a pop within 15 minutes. That said I've been on Harbinger pub side waiting for over 45 minutes for a pop.

I'm old school. I came from a world where you put quarter in hit player 1 and then start pew pewing.,

Even during prime time Harbinger can be delayed QUE pops of 30min-50min depending on what side. IMP side seems more populated, but it too can vary. I've been PUB side and had PUB vs PUB everyone once in a while.

Matching making - still complete trash and ruins it for new people that likely do not return to GSF. Most matches are one side is steam rolled, but you can get one in like 10 a solid good fight of equal quality players. Much like PVP gearing does make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

As nice as the thought of a merge would be nice, the technical aspect prevents that from happening, not to mention the business side.

The mode simply isn't popular enough to devote resources to. In fact, I know that on my personal account things I've purchased for GSF have disappeared, whether it be color and skin aesthetics or co-pilots. For a mode that gets virtually no development, new things still manage to break, and old bugs (like components deselected) have been around for probably 2+ years now.

Despon may have said there are "hundreds" of pilots in the gsf discord, but given my recent experience visiting harby I would question the validity of that statement. When the most populated server has spotty windows of activity and primetime can't even sustain two games simultaneously continuously, it only means the situation is worse for other servers.

I haven't flown in nearly a year and names I don't recognize clearly knew who I was. To me that doesn't say new pilots, that says same pilots different names. One could also potentially infer that a majority of pilots are barely a threat when just one can warrant the attention of an entire team at once.

Pro tip: try going there and see for yourself.

GSF Discord

Current membership: 536 players.

- Despon

I'm pretty sure I'm still a member of my guild's discord despite not having logged in for ages, and most of those folks ended up moving to different games and just kept the discord for convenience

I'm pretty sure I'm still a member of my guild's discord despite not having logged in for ages, and most of those folks ended up moving to different games and just kept the discord for convenience

Your reluctance to simply enter a free chat area to directly observe its activity level is quite remarkable.

At this exact moment, 11:22 AM EDT for me, there are 65 people online in the GSF Community Discord. This is not an insignificant number of people, and it is unlikely they are on a non-guild-related, specifically focused Discord for mere convenience. I'm not making this up.

Yes, the player population needs to grow, but there are plenty of people who are interested in playing and who actively seek to make that happen, to the point of organizing and populating things like said GSF Discord.

- Despon

Edited by caederon