lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

Worst advice ever, why not: "Don't play this game!" instead?

Besides, probably 99,999% of players rushes to get to lvl 55, is it bad? Maybe, but that always happens in any gear grinding game, why bother spending hours for a gear that you are going to discard 1-5 levels later.

You completely misunderstood my point... I'm not saying don't play or don't hit 55. My point was don't que up for heroics the second you ding 55 in quest greens/blues. this game is about 90% gear and 10% skill based. you need to raise your gear level up to a certain point in order to be successful in the HARDModes. you can't just dive on in undergeared and expect to be carried all the time.

gearing in this game is easy and only takes a week or two; do your work and properly gear yourself. Don't expect others to do the work for you

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I kind of agree with both sides of this issue. On the one hand yes the hm fp's are supposed to be a challenge. On the other what about the players that hate the PVP crap and want to run the game for the story quests that don't group or run with 1 or 2 players instead of bigger groups. I think they need to stop focusing on just the gear you use and more on strategy. Just because your a lvl 55 and not geared up properly you should still be able to beat a quest.

Less QQ, more Pew Pew.

If you're not happy with the group you're in, quit. Find another.

And I agree that the game is too gear-oriented. The moment people think you're under-geared, you are dropped. Kind of sad.

I can understand the frustration of not being able to complete a 55 HM FP but at the same time I really think the FP's are at just the right level of difficulty. I hopped in my first right after 55 when I didn't understand gearing up and everything....huge mistake got totally crushed. However, it really doesn't take too much grinding to at least grab some Basic and Campaign gear mix to at least be able to contribute in a 55 HM FP.

After that, its easy to start bringing your gear up fromBM drops or from BM gear bought from elite comms. I can see how people want to experience all the content in the game but realistically the endgame focus does need to be on gearing up and for there to be progression these FP's need to be difficult. If you really want to see all the content, then spend some time gearing up. Dailies can actually be kind of fun sometimes :p

They are hard? That's news to me.

When myself and two friends (gunslinger, commando, and scoundrel healer) hit 55 using 58 mods we were clearing them no problem. Before you say we were carried by the tanks, they were usually hovering at around 27k hp. We just used CC when we could and if we wiped on a boss, it was because we didn't know what the fight was about in the new HM version of them. With a quick tweak to strategy instead of just doing whatever, we killed the boss in the next try. So to say they are hard is really nothing but a learn to play issue.

Agreed, I did these on my sniper alt and BH Thank in Black Hole gear, no problem, These do not need to be easier, I have yet to whipe ounce, (sometimes I have to off heal,pull,bubble) noobs when I am on my DPS Sorc. But I don't think the game needs to be dumbed down for people who have not learned to play. If you want a one button raid, go play Diablo, or WOW.

I generally disagree with the OP. 55 Flashpoints are alittle harder than some people are accustomed to... However, they can be completed by a party in mostly black hole gear. The bonus boss might be hard to tackle; however, the flashpoint itself is not out of reach. The biggest issue is that a less than intelligent (usually a DPS from my experience) can really wreck havoc with the group's dynamics and make it chore. However, that is a symptom of poor... Well, I won't go there...

I do think that the first two major drops should be upgraded to 156 ratings instead of the current 146 or 148 ratings. You should already have gear that is comparable and getting those drops usually does very little for a person gearing up. 156 drops would allow the player to make better progress in my opinion. But then, that's just me.

OP you are wrong on so many levels. Even if people lvl using only planetary content the rewards are good enough to make up for columi armor of all things. Honestly it doesnt take much to get equal stats to that. Please stop being bad at the easiest game out there and stop asking them to nerf easy content. L2play

Don't need nerfs, and we need more hardmodes.

I was a bit behind on hitting 55, and had heard some scary things from my guildies about healers not being able to keep them alive, but when I hit 55 did a few dailies to get some 66 gear, it was tougher healing(was glad to have a challenge), but really wasn't a painful mess. We played smart and adapted, and now I'm quite bored of hardmode on my operative and only bring her out for ops and pvp, or helping out fresh 55 guildies that need a safety net.

My sorc on the other hand had barely gotten tionese gear, and I didn't really upgrade anything when she hit 55, so she was still in pretty crap gear, (including a lvl 37 implant I somehow missed) Her first hardmode was tough but not impossible Athiss, up until beast when I realised the tank had as much health as my sorc, we replaced the tank, new tank was concerned with my gear, but everything went smoothly, he pulled according to my resources, and it was tough, but we didn't wipe.

Play smart, don't just face roll and you'll be fine,I doubt my sorc would have done as well if healing wasn't 95% of what I do in the game. But the stuff isn't too hard.

Another issue with the gear is you could basically lvl to 55 without having to change out of your BH gear. The gap between the old max lvl and new max lvl is not represented by length in questing nor in difficulty of the quests. Should have had to start fresh....lvl into a bunch of green/blue mixtures before you even got to 55 in order to complete the Heroics and even the non heroics during the weekly makeb missions. Then you start the HM grind after dailies. Once again BW produced a game that the content was crushed only to leave people without anything to do only 3 weeks after its release.

No! You my friend have not played many mmos have you? number one complaint about expansions is that all your top tier raid gear becomes obsolete and replaced with greens! Bioware did an awesome job giving you a reason to continue doing pre 55 ops and flashpoints. The gear you get from them is still RELATIVE! Hence people still have a reason to do them. I rather enjoyed my hazmat gear being use full all the way to level 55. I didn't feel like the months I spent in ops before the launch of RoTHC was for nothing. Even my fresh lvl 52s have a reason to continue doing EV and KP. By the time you finish makeb and doing group finder daily flashpoints, you should be in all campaign gear and be able to buy a few basic comms pieces to start lvl 55 hm. This is perfect. The system they have in place now is great! In my opinion, the number 1 problem with with most mmos is how they do gear when an expansion drops. They make it obsolete making all their previous content worthless and people stop doing it. This is a waste.

Kudos to Bioware for the system they have in place now and its such a shame you can't see it for what its really worth. :(

Edited by AidanLightwalker

Also there is absolutly no reason to drop Arkanian gear on flashpoints because you do not need it to complete story mode operations, which actually drop Arkanian. You are asking to skip gear progression. Basically:

• If you only run flashpoints and never set foot on story mode operations you shouldn't have nor need Arkanian gear.
  • If you only run story mode operations and never set foot on hard mode operations you shouldn't have nor need Underworld gear.

exactly my thoughts!

It is hard to grind Elite Commendations?!

I am always capped at Elite Commendations not needing any 69 gear at all throwin it at the npc or at my companions. Stop crying so much about everything. I was completely geared 69 after 2 days of flashpoints.. minus relics and mainhand

They are not hard... Some pulls though require more cooperation and some tactics, but it's doable, if you talk to your party members and actually work together. The only thing that really requires good DPS are bonus bosses, as they have tight enrage timers - like the one at Cademinu. Started tanking them at fully itemized and crafted 66 with old 22 augments, and it was breeze. Now in full 28 augmented 69 it's just even easier.

Instead on merging them, try playing in team. Use cc, form strategies before hardest pulls or before boss battles, and even having people in 61s won't be the problem. Of course in that gear tolerance for mistakes is smaller and if you miss avoiding aoe you will take more damage and may die, instead of just brushing that damage in 69. But things like that always happen.

I agree with many that they should not be nerfed. There are level 50 FP's if people need the gear to get started.

However, I do wish there were more drops of loot. Mathematically, you will only get a piece of 69 gear every other run, and that is under the assumption the correct class/spec drops. I ran multiple flashpoints a day for 2 weeks before I finally got my first 69 tank piece. It was maddeningly frustrating.

Not only that, but most of the dropped gear needs to be further altered after getting it to remove undesirable stats (I have yet to find a single tank that wants alacrity in their gear). So having to wait for-- or purchase with comms-- multiple pieces for each slot simply to rip the mods out is rather annoying.

• 1 month later...
Don't need nerfs, and we need more hardmodes.

new tank was concerned with my gear, but everything went smoothly, he pulled according to my resources, and it was tough, but we didn't wipe.

Play smart, don't just face roll and you'll be fine,I doubt my sorc would have done as well if healing wasn't 95% of what I do in the game. But the stuff isn't too hard.

I also think we need new 55 fps and not a rehash of old fps. As lowbies, we've leveled thru them before and to make 55s grind them indicates dev laziness.

My hardest time healing is when the team seems to muscle through it like it was a 50 HM FP. No CCs, run into a mob at 50% hp, no time to recover energy, etc. My guess is that some players got used to steamrolling 50 HMs and go into a 55 HM with an overconfident mindset. Worst part is, if the team wipes, the tank or the healer gets the blame.

I'd like to know what server the OP plays at and OPs charname so I can put him on my ignore list for being a ****.

You know what was hard? Doing old HM 50 in questgear and getting your *** kicked all over the place. Columi and Tio didn't drop all over the place like the epics do now. Please uninstall and leave game.

I'd like to know what server the OP plays at and OPs charname so I can put him on my ignore list for being a ****.

You know what was hard? Doing old HM 50 in questgear and getting your *** kicked all over the place. Columi and Tio didn't drop all over the place like the epics do now. Please uninstall and leave game.

Lulz, u mad bro?

Edited by yoomazir

Before you BASH new player, casual player etc.... they PAY for the game and your ability to continue to play. Without the casual player paying his monthly fee, or buying cartel coins... the game would have died

So basically the game needs to be geared towards for the majority.