Absolutely cannot beat Corrupted Bothrium Beast!!!

With all these threads about this stupid beast, it refuses to die! I'm getting very angry that it will not die! Everyone says oh you've got to interrupt it and kill the tentacle that comes out. How the hell do I "interrupt" it? I must be blind because this beast has like 8 tentacles from the get go and you can't target any of them. My Jedi sage with Nadia can't keep up with it constantly healing from this magical tentacle. If anyone has any insight on how to kill this beast please let me know! And for heavens sake leave all the childish "OMG ITS SO EASY" and the "newbie can't figure it out" comments to yourself.

Thanks

There is a specific skill that you need to interrupt. I do not recall the name of it since it has been almost like forever since I have been oricion but it is the one where he/she calls the other tentacles behind you. Interrupt that one and it should help.

It is difficult when you are first doing it but once you get the hang of it, then it will become easier. I had a problem when Oricon was first introduced on my smuggler but I finally got it figured out.

In addition, make sure your gear is upgraded. If you are healing then make sure your companion is on DPS as this fight is more of a dps fight.

Edited by casirabit

With all these threads about this stupid beast, it refuses to die! I'm getting very angry that it will not die! Everyone says oh you've got to interrupt it and kill the tentacle that comes out. How the hell do I "interrupt" it? I must be blind because this beast has like 8 tentacles from the get go and you can't target any of them. My Jedi sage with Nadia can't keep up with it constantly healing from this magical tentacle. If anyone has any insight on how to kill this beast please let me know! And for heavens sake leave all the childish "OMG ITS SO EASY" and the "newbie can't figure it out" comments to yourself.

Thanks

There's a little tentacle that you need to kill when it spawns. There is no need to interrupt the tentacle. You can kill it with your default attacks in like two hits.

Everyone says oh you've got to interrupt it and kill the tentacle that comes out. How the hell do I "interrupt" it? I must be blind because this beast has like 8 tentacles from the get go and you can't target any of them.

There are two things to pay attention to:

1. Interrupting the "Extract" cast. You can see this happen at 1:01 in the above video.

2. Killing the "Summoned Tentacle". It appeared at 1:05 (in the video) and was killed right after that.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Khevar

And this is why I say the game has become too easy. It is grindy, but it is too easy.

I remember a time, long ago, when you HAD to use your interrupt. You used it for your class story, you used it for heroics on coruscant, you used it for the healer mobs on Hoth. You LEARNED how to play this game while doing class stories.

And this is why I say the game has become too easy. It is grindy, but it is too easy.

I remember a time, long ago, when you HAD to use your interrupt. You used it for your class story, you used it for heroics on coruscant, you used it for the healer mobs on Hoth. You LEARNED how to play this game while doing class stories.

Oh, really??

I distinctly remembering leveling my Commando back in the 1.1 days.

Not only did I not have an interrupt ability AT ALL (the class didn't get one until 1.4), I managed to make it all the way to level 50 without using hold the line, adrenaline rush, reserve power cell, etc. I didn't have the slightest idea what I was doing, and did just fine.

Flash points at level 50 were a shocking wake up call (compared to class missions). It was only then that I learned how to play well.

My Jedi sage with Nadia can't keep up with it constantly healing from this magical tentacle.

The Jedi Sage's interrupt is "Mind Snap" you find it under the Jedi Consular abilities.

http://dulfy.net/DiscContent/Images/4143699087_2482769172.png

The beast's healing is the channeled "Extract" ability, it drains your lifeforce to heal itself. Once you interrupted it, it knocks you back and summons a tentacle add to drain the tentacle's life, just kill the tentacle. By the time the beast starts to cast Extract again, (if it lives long enough) your interrupt is off cooldown.

Later in that questline you get to the boss in the tower who has some very hard hitting casted abilities, interrupt the casting of those. And finally you do a H2 where you have to kill 3 champions that have casted stuns and/or very hard hitting abilities - interrupt those. Move Mind Snap to an easy to use hotkey, it's your friend.

In flashpoints you will fight many opponents that have big heals or hard hitting abilities. Basically, when an Elite boss doesn't have interrupt immunity, expect them to do something nasty you have to interrupt. Maybe the worst offender is the False Emperor FP, where the final boss has an I WIN ability, that kills the whole group... Unless you interrupt it.

Edited by Mubrak

• 1 year later...
Having all the heric moments myself. I often start with the agents moment then run in interupt the veasts first move and blast it with 3 other moments and it is dead.

This is the trick I used as well. Also helped that sweeping blasters was a high DPS effect that also tagged the summoned tentacle. Came here looking for advice, saw the tip about the tentacle, and took this from what had been 5 mins of fighting with no end to 15 seconds and done.

This is the trick I used as well. Also helped that sweeping blasters was a high DPS effect that also tagged the summoned tentacle..

On a merc Responsive Safeguards will do the trick even faster, just don't interrupt ;)

Edited by Mubrak