Can't beat Valis

DarthZaneBX

I am having problem killing Valis in Abandoned Mine.. He is too strong.. I am level 27 and Valis is only level 24 Boss. I tried Kira and T7, by the I am sentinel.. any idea how to beat em. Am I too early to go there or I need to purchase strong items?

Stim, do damage, interrupt, do damage, interrupt, Med Pack, do damage.....rinse and repeat. Down he goes. This should even work with bad gear although giving your char and your companion some good gear can do wonders for your chances in any encounter. Edited by ThrillInstructor

I beat him on my sentinel at lvl 24, was easy, kira and I had about half our health left.

The trick is to interrupt him when he casts spells and you wont have any problem, if your interrupt is on cooldown use force stun (3 sec channeling spell).

I guess I did this the easy way, but I teamed up with another player. You have to chance preferences under social to allow shared story areas, but once you do that, you can help each other. We had to beat him twice, once for me, and once for my partner, but it was EASY and I'm only level 25 now.

Be sure you interrupt him, have med packs and take one at the beginning when you are going down in health so you can take another one later. Take a strength stim at the beginning and be sure your companion has been upgraded on gear too. If you don't interrupt him he'll kill you for sure unless you are WAY above him in level.

I am having severe difficulty beating Valis, what are the interrupts? i have tried everything I am a Jedi Knight @ lvl 24 i dont know what else to use against him any help would be great. Edited by Pauldec

• 1 month later...
I am having severe difficulty beating Valis, what are the interrupts? i have tried everything I am a Jedi Knight @ lvl 24 i dont know what else to use against him any help would be great.

Read the tool-tips for your abilities. Force Kick in particular says 'interrupts current action'.

Other abilities will interrupt enemies by stunning them ... some only work on weak or standard enemies though. Other abilities don't mention interrupting but do have that affect, which means you just have to have taken notice while you are playing.

For example:

- force stasis will interrupt the enemy

- blade storm will interrupt weak/standard enemies

- force leap stuns and interrupts the enemy

So read this thread, it has lots of information repeated many times, but in essence:

- use your companion wisely

- use your interrupts wisely

- use your shield/blocking abilities wisely

- remember your heroic moment, and for dogs sake don't use it *before* you've used saber ward

Valis, eh? I think I remember him. I believe I was level 25, the trick was to interrupt, you just got to time it right, when he force pushes you, time your force leap back CAREFULLY, if you can put it at the right time, it will interupt him too. Kira levels up abilities too, so make sure all of hers are on. That got me, when I realized she only had half her abilities.

I remember it beings pretty easy, but I AM a guardian. We have a lot of stuns.

I did this on a Sentinel at maybe... level 24? Don't remember the exact number. Make sure to use all your defensive cooldowns, medpacs, interupts, and the like. To be honest, my biggest frustration came after the fight, trying to find where Kira's corpse had been thrown to :D

<Giving back to the community>

OK, I too got my butt kicked by this dude. I went to these forums and learned that I needed to use what is called an 'interupt'. For the Jedi Sentinal this would be the Jedi Kick ability.

I am not a PVP'r so I was not accustomed to monitoring what my opponents do. You know. That silly little bar on the right/center of your screen.

Apparently, Valis has a whopper of a huge ranged attack that has like a 3-4 second build up. This is where the majority of his damage comes from. If you use the Jedi Kick to foil these attacks, you will defeat him.

Others with go on and on with other useful hints, like stims, and when to use your leap and direction of attack, when to send kira or astrobuddy into combat. But without the proper use of Jedi Kick as an interupt. You Will Die.

Edited by Shubsathoth
misspelled butt

• 1 month later...

Well I'm obviously doing something wrong, or I'm just not cut out for this game, but even after reading many pages on this sod of a Boss, Interrupting for all I'm worth, I can not best him...

This is the only time in any game I can remember that I've rage quite, twice now, all because of this Boss...:mad:

Well I'm obviously doing something wrong, or I'm just not cut out for this game, but even after reading many pages on this sod of a Boss, Interrupting for all I'm worth, I can not best him...

This is the only time in any game I can remember that I've rage quite, twice now, all because of this Boss...:mad:

Gear? Are you updated? Weapon updated?

My first time through I kept myself and my companion in mostly blues and up to date greens. It went pretty smooth. Second time through was all blues and a purple weapon. I annihilated anything thrown at me. I've read about people having much difficulty with particular bosses that I steamrolled.

Gear levels matter in this game, even when leveling. Kind of surprised me.

If all else fails, get someone to help you. Make him dead and move on without giving it a second though beyond, "phew".

Hope that helps. The game is fun, but its never fun when you hit a brick wall.

Edited by Blackardin

I am having problem killing Valis in Abandoned Mine.. He is too strong.. I am level 27 and Valis is only level 24 Boss. I tried Kira and T7, by the I am sentinel.. any idea how to beat em. Am I too early to go there or I need to purchase strong items?

As far as I can recall, the only thing you need to interrupt is his Energy Blast. Apart from that, everything else he does is pretty weak. As that skill is only a 4 metre range skill, running out of range of him may be an option, but the damage on that skill is weighted so that most of it comes on the two final blast waves. I am not 100% sure that they respect the 4 metre range.

Force Leap, Force Kick, and Force Stasis will all interrupt him. However, one of the juiciest enhancements to these skills (Watchguard) will not be available to you. If you have Close Quarters and Blurred Speed though, they should be sufficient.

Watchguard - 2 points for a 2 second reduction in Force Kick cooldown (to 6 seconds),

Close Quarters - 2 points to reduce the minimum range on Force Leap (from 10 metres to 0),

Blurred Speed - 2 points to reduce the cooldown on Force Leap from 15 to 12 seconds.

With Blurred Speed and Close Quarters, you have one interrupt on a 8 second cooldown and another on a 12 second cooldown. Force Stasis is on a 60 second cooldown, so I would save that one for an "oh sh*t" moment where you need to interrupt something and the other two are on cooldown.

Gearing yourself and the companion will help, but if you can interrupt all of his Energy Blast attacks, the fight can probably be done naked. Gearing will allow you to miss one of his Energy Blasts and still complete the fight.

My son did this at 22 on an extremely crappily geared sentinel (lightsabers still at level 11). I came and helped him on my 21 sage. All I did was TKT on him and cast my interrupt on his force blast, and this enabled my son to finish him off pretty easily.

He got his butt handed to him several times before he asked me for help, and I watched him once to see where his problem lay -- he wasn't interrupting. He still doesn't, but... I was there and I could do it for him, so it all worked out.

1. Use interrupts just before his casting bar is full. I like to bind Jedi Kick to the mouse wheel button.

2. Force Stasis is a good secondary interrupt if Jedi Kick is still cooling down.

3. Keep your back towards the shipping crate so you don't get knocked back so far.

4. Save Force Leap for AFTER you get knocked back for quick recovery.

5. Use Rebuke then Saber Ward early.

6. When Saber Ward drops, feel free to use Heroic Moment, Pacify and a medpack to buy you more time.

7. Stims and Adrenals is also handy if you need that extra little boost.

Edited by Caesius

I can't remember who valis is! Might have had a problem with him. Anyway t7 is pretty obsolete when you have lira you can armor her up better and easier and give her more damage capabilities always send her in first. If you have force camouflage use it! I wouldn't worry to much about interrupts I'm not skilled enough for it I panic! Just make the most of kira! One thing I will say is if a boss has a glowing ring around him back away until he's finished this move and hit back at him!!

I had trouble defeating Valis as well, however I brought a guild member with a angry Wookiee with him. I was interrupting him constantly before I was helped and never succeeded. However when I worked with the fellow guild member Valis was beaten in like a minute.

Beat him!

It still wasn't a walk in the park but the job is done.

I think the biggest change that made the difference was getting the Lvl 25 Statis skill, which I had not trained previously - forgot that I had not trained for last lvl-up :rolleyes:

Upgrading Light sabers from 46 to 58 also helped a bit. Timing the interrupt kick better also helped too, and standing in-front of the ship ;)

As for my gear, it was already Blue/Red; and most of it crafted. So I didn't do anything with it.

Edited by vbmdsm
spelling

And fix your armor, alot of players for some reason dont fix their armor after dying.

The worse your armor is the faster you die ! Can fix it at any medical droid.And use armors with correct

mods when it comes to stats, in your case strength.And always upgrade the armors and weapon on atleast 1 companion.Just like you bad gear and weak weapon on a companion mean dying faster.