THIS is SO TRUE !

Toxsicking

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they realized by now that closing threads like that only brings more attention to the subject, even for those who did not care or did not know lol

Yea they even shut my "Quick Reactiion Force" thrread down. I was only giving them congratz on their speedy mods. Unfortunately we are not allowed to talk about the moderators which is fair..

I'm not outright calling the dudes douches. Its not their fault Bioware put them in front of a computer and told them to anihailate anything that points out glaring holes in how they do things..

I'll expect a third PM from Bioware telling me how I broke the rules, but that I didn't get any get any "punishment points"..

That says to me.. That they know these player concerns and gripes are valid in many areas. So what better way to hide the facts than by not havnig them exist at all..

Edited by Opapanax

SWTOR is far from a polished game and is also far from a balanced enjoyable endgame experience.

BUT

This video should be removed as its more of a "SWTOR vs WoW" talk.

The reviewer pretty much expected SWTOR to be WoW in Star Wars skin.

If he wants to play wow he can play that, and thats what he decided.

No im not a fan boy defending SWTOR because the game requires fixing but atleast give them time to do so. And one thing is for sure. if they turn SWTOR into WoW 2.0, i'm out.

I'd say it may get a good chomp of the PVP enthusiasts of the WoW and SWTOR community. I doubt it'll dent the PVE player base of either games though. It's the PVP that's really lacking in innovation in these two games, and GW2 has that in spades.

I will never click a video-link titled "THIS IS SO TRUE !" without any context. Should you find yourself agreeing an individuals perspective at least paraphrase it so I can decide my future involvement.

Then read the whole thread, pretty much everything was already talked about here.

I've not looked the whole video but :

The guy talks about constant knockback and in the mean time, the video shows him playing long minutes without a single one.

- The guy talked about CC from his point of view : a Healer. CC are one of the few way to beat a healer by preventing him to get to full life when he wants. SHould I start a thread as a Gunsliger because some people use heavy armor and I can't kill them as easily as I 'd like to ?

- There are abilities to escape or prevent CC. The more squishy you are, the more of them you get. If you don't have several of them, maybe it's because you don't need them to be competitive.

yes.

But dont forget , the game is just out.

they will add new pvp content later.

or something like that. ( i heard. )

that is becoming a tired argument,wow is out for 7 years,during that time we had guildwars,age of conan,rift and some others come out.

so if a new mmo at this time like sw:tor releases their game with very little pvp content its just because they dont care.

if one mmo makes mistakes,another can learn from it.but that never happens.

that is becoming a tired argument,wow is out for 7 years,during that time we had guildwars,age of conan,rift and some others come out.

so if a new mmo at this time like sw:tor releases their game with very little pvp content its just because they dont care.

if one mmo makes mistakes,another can learn from it.but that never happens.

Its Already been confirmed new content and new pvp zones are coming.. They cannot launch the game with everything they have in store. They hope to have this game run for a very long time. They must spread some things out.. and Also create new stuff

As far as Taking things from other MMO's That worked and copying it.. Have you heard of such things as Copyright.. If they take something from somewhere they have to pay for it or completely design it on their own so as not to have any aspects that can be used in court against them as infringement. Just because this is a game does not mean this is not a business.

If somsone started copying all your ideas that you had out without giving you any credit or compensation you would have fit.. and Things like that is how Companies get shut down.

Edited by prodigyqnz

if that is you, im so glad you went back to WoW

first off, WOW HAS HAD 7 YEARS TO GET PVP RIGHT

you should have PvP'd in the beginning, you wouldnt be up blizzards rear if you were

*Edit - Also if you some how expect a new game to come out with years of content out of the gate, make your own game, lets see how that goes

WoW came out with nothing, no raids other then what are now the old 5-mans, no BG's, nothing

go look up WoW's patch notes

Edited by CKNairb

Knock backs are cool. They add another layer to PVP and the environment. Sounds like the guy in the video just wants EZ MODE.

Knockbacks are essentially one hit kill buttons. Almost all classes ("almost" - fair?!?) have them. Consider it a 15-16k crit - with ONE ABILITY. The way the maps are designed, there are so many spots to actually achieve that. I think its fine to keep them in the game. Limit to 2-3 classes and put a 1-2 min CD on them. But right now it's just too much and too many.

I feel like a gosh darned pinball getting pushed and pulled back and forth all the time.

Edited by Lushbits

OMG how many times are you going to walk threw fire in hutball guy??? seriously, you say all these things about how wow is so perfect and you're so observant of all these little imperfections in SWTOR, yet i see you walk threw fire at least 10 times on this vid ( and yes i realize it's looped at the end). Edited by mausty

He has some real points, especially about ability delay and Illum, but mostly he just whines about how the game isn't like WoW. I'm sorry, but if you love WoW, then you should play WoW. The whole video I kept having the feeling that he really just wanted to go back to the game he knows rather than learn how to play a new one.