Change character appearance after creation

DarthYeska

The addition of this feature interests me solely because of the legacy system.

They've said one of the things it will addsos something for character creation. If so I'd like to be able to augment an alt with these new features. Way down the road of course.

oh so they MIGHT add new customizations for new toons and already created toons will have access to these?

I second this. It'll probably be added in a patch, similar to the barber shop in WoW.

never did WoW so not sure if the barber shop was ran by players or npc's but in Star Wars Galaxies actual players did the modifications on players. they were called Image Designers.

I think a player with player system is better than player with npc system. the player with player system lets you create a community.

whatever the case may be, i hope they do implements Image Designers either by players or npc's as long as we can modify our toon :)

There is so much from SWG that this game could learn from...

Image Designers/customization

Buff system

Player housing

Player cities

Player shops

Home/Ship interior customization

...oh and /sleep :)

deff.

ENTERTAINERS that dance / play music to buff. oh man, how great would that be :)

Image Designers/customization <---- Loved

Buff system <----- Phat Wallets

Player housing <---- Stupid Annoying

Player cities <---- Annoying/Pointless Use Your Ship

Player shops <----- Half Arsed Shops Pissed Me Off, And There Were A Lot Of Them.

Home/Ship interior customization <----- Would Be Cool.

I like some of the stuff...

deff.

ENTERTAINERS that dance / play music to buff. oh man, how great would that be :)

Halle-freaking-leuyah.

Entertainers were awesome in SWG. Even being able to dance or play instruments for nothing but entertainment value in this game would be awesome.

Very unlikely that any of those SWG features will ever be here. The fundamental design of the game is different, and I don't think Lucas Arts wants this game to go in a SWG direction, given their input into the direction SWG did take.

More likely there will eventually be a barber or salon where you can switch around your image a little bit for some credits. It will likely never be a lot due to the need to somewhat limit the combinations for the purposes of the cut scenes.

there is so much from swg that this game could learn from...

Image designers/customization

buff system

player housing

player cities

player shops

home/ship interior customization

hmm

sandbox

this

theme park

never happen

ps

loved all those features

Edited by Selaik

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they add this. Jedis have the option for a hair style with the Padawan braid on the right side, but the braid is supposed to be removed after the rank of Jedi Knight is achieved. It would be nice to have the option to change some aspects of character appearance to stay true to that to that. I'm a level 45 Jedi Padawan :/

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to be able to make my guy a larger body type...I made him a scrawny sith to start, hoping that later on he would grow taller, stronger (or fatter depending on how I wanted to play him!) and now I have a level 43 Sith Juggernaut with all the looks of a middle school child in heavy armor...if I didn't like my character and his build so much I would have started over just for that!

Please Bioware let us change our characters appearance!

I would love to be able to make my guy a larger body type...I made him a scrawny sith to start, hoping that later on he would grow taller, stronger (or fatter depending on how I wanted to play him!) and now I have a level 43 Sith Juggernaut with all the looks of a middle school child in heavy armor...if I didn't like my character and his build so much I would have started over just for that!

Please Bioware let us change our characters appearance!

Justin Beiber emo version? :D

Image Designers/customization

Buff system

Player housing

Player cities

Player shops

Home/Ship interior customization

Except when I played as a master tailor I had no combat skills. I found myself trapped in my guild house or my own personal house if nasty critters were outside. I'm assuming that all changed after I left? Only played 6 or so months from release. :)