Mission BUG - Taris: Bonus Series

Frost_D

Hello!

Almost a month ago I wrote a ticket about a mission bug...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This bug is in the Taris Bonus Series where I can't (and many more players) finish the mission (Taris Bonus Series). In the mission log it's says I have to complete "Missing Link" but I can't. In the mission log the description is grayed out and if I track the mission there is nothing under the main mission name (Taris Bonus Series).

I would like to ask you when it will be fixed?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to guess, it will not be fixed in a way that will allow you to progress it.

It might be fixed so that people coming to the situation brand new will not be able to talk to Mola Haxtor before getting to the relevant point in the Bonus Quest chain, but for the people who have already encountered the problem - that Missing Link is both non-repeatable and also available separately to the Bonus Series, so that if you happen to go exploring in the area and pick up then complete the quest, it is done and when you come to do the Bonus Series, you cannot pick it up again to advance the Bonus Series.

The "easy" option would be for the devs to amend the mission tracking on the Bonus Series to either remove the requirement to have completed Missing Link, or for the system to recognise that you have already completed the mission.

I had a discussion about that one, and a couple of other Bonus Series' which have similar potentially blocking missions a while ago. Let's just say that he warned me I was close to a ban for some of the language I was using :p

Well you see, this is the thing I truly don't care!

This is my second character because of a mission bug. First was on Rishi and the it was a class story mission bug and I can't complete it because I've already done the KotFE. I say OK then I start a new character. And here we are I can't do a mission because of a ******* mission.

I am (and many more players) a subscribe how pay for this game. Don't tell me its so hard to fix.

Here is the thing: I love this game but all of these bug take away my mood...

I wait till my sub comes to an end and if this bug is not fixed in way I can finish it then bye bye SWTOR!

Mods should have the power to let you redo a quest. That's all they need to do. Instead, they address their players' tickets who, let me remind you, can be paying somewhere around 15 bucks a month for the game, with an auto-response that frankly is so embarrassing I don't know why it's still there. What type of response is "We only deal with class story quests"? So basically all the other quests are just crap they don't care about then, right?

They don't even address the issues here. at all. I barely see any mod interaction in these bug threads to show acknowledgement on their end. But I guess that's kinda standard nowadays. How in the hell did gaming get to this point where people are okay with being treated like complete crap by companies and the quality level at the top has dropped so low? But I digress, and I guess with the money I've put into the game I can't complain about others.

Once I'm done with the storylines on my characters, thought, I'm so out of here. That was the plan from the start but I thought the game would win me over to stick around. Nope, that probably won't happen. I'll encourage others to stay away too whenever the occasion arises because however good the storylines may be the game is being treated so bad it doesn't deserve our time. Hopefully others feel the same and whatever team is left working on this will understand that you gotta work harder than this to sustain an AAA MMO.

Edited by DreamShot

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Same here, I just submited the bug report. My problem was, that it let me complete Sergeant Mack mission when I was first on Taris (I wondered why it was so much harder then the others.. :D). Since the ending of the chain is luckily on youtube and the reward is only 5 common crystals it's not a big deal. Still annoying tho.

Got exact same issue.

When I was originally on taris, I had show exploration quests etc turned on, and done all available quests

Including one that was part of the bonus series

When I started the bonus series, it asked me to go speak to an npc who's quest I had already done

Couldn't talk to them, even though the icon was there

Reset quest, and still stuck

IMO they should change the colour of any related bonus series quests, to seperate them from the normals

Sure, some will still complete them, but if it even helps one person.....

IMO they should change the colour of any related bonus series quests, to seperate them from the normals

Sure, some will still complete them, but if it even helps one person.....

I was just about to say that :) but yeah Bioware should be able to do something to stop this happening, be it change the colour or icon to show players to stay away from it or simply not allow players to pick them up until the quest directs you there.

I was just about to say that :) but yeah Bioware should be able to do something to stop this happening, be it change the colour or icon to show players to stay away from it or simply not allow players to pick them up until the quest directs you there.

I think your suggestion is the better one, rather than mine to just change colour

A simple block on them quests until bonus series is in log, would fix it instantly for those starting it.

Just wish they would flag it as complete for those stuck

• 4 weeks later...

Well... This bug is still in the world. Seems like I need to start browsing the forums for a guide to which order I need to accept missions in, in order to not permanently lock myself out of something. I submitted a help ticket, asking if they could just flag that part of the quest as complete. I received back "we will not be able to complete that quest for you. Our tools don't allow us to make any changes to non-class missions."

Well that is completely not helpful. At all. Pretty terrible that the official response boils down to "you either need to wait for it to be fixed (it's only been 3 years for that bug, so they might get to it sometime soon) or start a new character."

Yeah... glad that I'm still paying a monthly fee for service like that...

:mad:

Well... This bug is still in the world. Seems like I need to start browsing the forums for a guide to which order I need to accept missions in, in order to not permanently lock myself out of something.

What I have sometimes done if I am not 100% sure is I check out http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/bonus-series-guide and I can at least check at a glimpse whether a quest giver is a bonus series one just by their name.

But Bioware should really do something about this, one way or another players should know that this is a bonus series quest and to not pick it up unless doing the bonus series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not yet been able to complete this mission. I apparently always complete in in what the dev considers the "wrong" order.

I've been stuck unable to talk to Mola and Mack.

This is far from the only bugged quest, others can often be completed via drop and repeat.

Also, I haven't even had a pro forma response to any bug reports.

• 1 month later...
Well, its still bugged. This was my first character to try this bonus series. Im not a programmer or anything, but why not just shut down the bonus mission quest line till the bug is fixed? If they remove it then fix the problem at a later date I would assume most people would not be so angry as seeing a incomplete mission in their log all the time and first time players wouldnt even know the bonus mission was available.

I did some mission and after I did a reseat on Bonus Series ( I wanted to replay last mission it was my mistake) however bonus series, started all over telling me to speak with same persons I already did mission with, when I aproach them they are not responding ! Please Fix this. PLEASE help as it is Ruining my gaming experiance and my personal story line in game. Im Sub however now Im stuck and cant go on with game. Please fixs this for US

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Got this same problem. First on Taris and now on Balmorra. I don't understand why game just can't flag mission complete and let me progress further. This is just poor design and what i've read Bioware doesn't really care at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is still bugged.

Once I started the bonus series, all the missions became visible on the map.

I did some or maybe even all of them.

Then the bonus series was bugged, asking me to do one of the missions that I had already done, and it wouldn't recognize the fact that I had already done that mission.

I tried to reset the bonus series, now I'm stuck even worse because it asks me to do the very first mission (Missing Link). Obviously, I already did this mission and now I can't even talk to the NPCs.

• 1 month later...
I completed quest on Taris for Sergeant Mack, then I started doing Taris Bonus Series quest chain. I got to the part where Bonus Series are asking me help Sergeant Mack with his mission. But I cannot since I already did it. I am now stuck for good without being able to complete Taris Bonus series. Why is this still not fixed? Are all planet bonus series messed up like this and will they ever be fixed if so? I play games for the quests, for the story, not for the gear. And I hope you can grant me and many other players who are stuck at this, who subscribe for your not working content. Edited by BoySaber