DVL gear bolstering stats in PVP above and beyond, Exploit or WAI?

Going

Can we get a legit response on this, and if it is known to you guys or not? When you have the DVL gear equipped your stats are bolstered to 250 from what it looks like. If possible respond to us if this is working as intended or if this is something that could be boiled down to an exploit. Please and thank you.

From my understanding this gear cannot be obtained anymore, so this is a huge disadvantage, for some.

Edited by Going

Can we get a legit response on this, and if it is known to you guys or not? When you have the DVL gear equipped your stats are bolstered to 250 from what it looks like. If possible respond to us if this is working as intended or if this is something that could be boiled down to an exploit. Please and thank you.

From my understanding this gear cannot be obtained anymore, so this is a huge disadvantage, for some.

I'm not sure if it bolsters THAT high. Then again, I haven't had above 208 gear because in 5.0 the 230 gear was garbage, I was just disintegrating everything I got. Kinda screwed me over in terms of gearing because now I don't even have the shells anymore. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if the bolster works differently in warzones, but from my testing on fleet with the bolsterizer:

I'm in full 208's (with some 230 implants and stuff thrown in), with 228 purple augs in this picture: https://i.gyazo.com/c410cfc4df608ff3c87f9c6c7c27911e.png

and full DvL gear with the green level 65 210 mods, with the same implants/relics as before, no augs: https://i.gyazo.com/58d3ef294b22f5d20c676b98c0608ac9.png

On a dummy, my autocrit Volatile Substance with the 208's was hitting for around 14-15k dependent on relic procs.

In the DvL gear, I was hitting for 12.6k - 13k, despite having nearly 1k more mastery, more crit, and more bonus damage.

The only real benefit this gives is the extra HP. I can barely hit for 15k in warzones when mercs are still pushing over 30k. #Balance

I'll look again in a match, but I seemed to be hitting 15-16k volatile sub crits in there as well, in the dvl gear.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

Three threads in this forum (two for over a week), two in the bug reports forum, plus PMs, no response. So I am thinking they have given their answer at this point - they don't consider it a problem worth commenting on.

Also:

I'm not sure if it bolsters THAT high.

Correct, it's not. When Bolster was 250 the DvL gear bolstered much higher than it does now, even.

Edited by stoopicus

Three threads in this forum (two for over a week), two in the bug reports forum, plus PMs, no response. So I am thinking they have given their answer at this point - they don't consider it a problem worth commenting on.

Also:

Correct, it's not. When Bolster was 250 the DvL gear bolstered much higher than it does now, even.

Ah, that may be why midbies was so goofy, then.

I'm not sure if it bolsters THAT high. Then again, I haven't had above 208 gear because in 5.0 the 230 gear was garbage, I was just disintegrating everything I got. Kinda screwed me over in terms of gearing because now I don't even have the shells anymore. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if the bolster works differently in warzones, but from my testing on fleet with the bolsterizer:

I'm in full 208's (with some 230 implants and stuff thrown in), with 228 purple augs in this picture: https://i.gyazo.com/c410cfc4df608ff3c87f9c6c7c27911e.png

and full DvL gear with the green level 65 210 mods, with the same implants/relics as before, no augs: https://i.gyazo.com/58d3ef294b22f5d20c676b98c0608ac9.png

On a dummy, my autocrit Volatile Substance with the 208's was hitting for around 14-15k dependent on relic procs.

In the DvL gear, I was hitting for 12.6k - 13k, despite having nearly 1k more mastery, more crit, and more bonus damage.

The only real benefit this gives is the extra HP. I can barely hit for 15k in warzones when mercs are still pushing over 30k. #Balance

I'll look again in a match, but I seemed to be hitting 15-16k volatile sub crits in there as well, in the dvl gear.

Your info is incorrect . How can you even imply that they are correct. With out dvl gear you used 228 augs with it you did not use the aug's plz leave the testing to people that know infact how to test. there is all ready better tests on here that show infact dvl gear is over performing.

groncho did a test and posted results for example .http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9226212#post9226212

If people would like answer to this best thing id say to do is send a pm to eric musco and eventually he may reply to one of us if not all on the dev tracker.

Edited by falkron-kerupt

Your info is incorrect . How can you even imply that they are correct. With out dvl gear you used 228 augs with it you did not use the aug's plz leave the testing to people that know infact how to test. there is all ready better tests on here that show infact dvl gear is over performing.

groncho did a test and posted results for example .http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9226212#post9226212

If people would like answer to this best thing id say to do is send a pm to eric musco and eventually he may reply to one of us if not all on the dev tracker.

All I'm saying is that there's no correlation between my pretty huge stat increase and my damage output.

You got more mastery with DvL gear.. but less crit/power due to lacking augments. Start by augmenting your DvL gear.

I actually have more crit and power in the DvL gear even without augments. :) Still hit for less on the dummy, lol. And in WZs, I hit a bit higher, but concealment's not gonna be critting for over ~16k tops.

QP - I have not seen huge gains either in the crit department (I do have it augmented) though I was pretty well optimized before I started testing the DvL gear. Overall I would say it is a ~10% increase in both crit amounts, DPS, Health pool and other "main" categories. Some stats seem to be bolstering higher/better, for instance alacrity on my Mara.

As Gron said in the other thread my estimation is that it is on par with 242 gear. Though this may not be ccurate as I'm still working towards 242. But based on the current information we have and the silence from BW i do not think it is a serious exploit (or even an exploit, it is a bug).

In short, I think it is a bug that bolsters you to be on with ~242. I do believe it should be fixed but in the grand scheme of current PvP it is a relatively minor issue. But just because i don't want to hear the whiners anymore I hope it is fixed next patch.

Edited by Kawiki

Yep that pretty much lines up with my own testing at the bolsterizer. And mine is augged. I posted numbers in the other thread with 228 augs in the suit, and with both 210 and 240 mods in the suit.

tl;dr it looks like it is bolstering to about 242 to me but hard to say as I don't have a full 242 suit to compare with. So BiS but probably not way off the charts like some imply.

Edited by stoopicus

I wonder how many people actually have this set ?

I mean, are we talking about an mass advantage, or the advantage of an minority ?

I rarely see more then 1 per warzone. Though I have seen a couple premades all wearing it.

When tanks in dps gear have 150k hp and a tank in miti gear has 170k hp, that's a huge disadvantage

I understand this sounds like a cry baby post but I feel this needs to be addressed.

Skill trumps gear any day and it shows as some really bad players who use this gear still perform badly, but the good ones have a much higher advantage.

People who talk like it doesn't make much of difference have A: not experienced it

B: use it

When tanks in dps gear have 150k hp and a tank in miti gear has 170k hp, that's a huge disadvantage

I understand this sounds like a cry baby post but I feel this needs to be addressed.

Skill trumps gear any day and it shows as some really bad players who use this gear still perform badly, but the good ones have a much higher advantage.

People who talk like it doesn't make much of difference have A: not experienced it

B: use it