Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

I refuse to pay real world cash on top of the money i already pay to play this game.

I would have liked to switch body type on some of my characters and refined their looks further however if they price these options highly on the CM then i just won't bother.

Can you believe that a virtual haircut can possibly cost as much as a RL haircut?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With so many additions going into the cartel store, the 500 monthly coins for subscribers just seems too low. How about introducing a veteren reward system, something like:

Subscription: 500 montly coins

Subscription 3+ months in a row: 750 monthly coins (So month 1 and 2 would be 500 coins and month 3 would be 750)

Subscriptions 6 months in a row: 1000 monthly coins.(month 4 and 5 750 coins and month 6 1000 etc)

Subscriptions 9 months in a row: 1250 monthly coins

Subscriptions 12 months in a row: 1500 monthly coins

So the longer your account pays a subscription the more rewards you get for being a loyal customer.

Edited by Ziso

With so many additions going into the cartel store, the 500 monthly coins for subscribers just seems too low. How about introducing a veteren reward system, something like:

Subscription 3+ months in a row: 750 monthly coins (So month 1 and 2 would be 500 coins and month 3 would be 750)

Subscriptions 6 months in a row: 1000 monthly coins.(month 4 and 5 750 coins and month 6 1000 etc)

So the longer your account pays a subscription the more rewards you get for being a loyal customer.

Worth a try but thats just asking for to much. but for the people saying reroll and all that I WONT REROLL A SHAR WHEN I DISCOVER A MISTAKE AT LVL 40 OR CHANGE MY MIND FOR ANYTHING AT THAT LVL!. I mean I have rerolled 4 lvl 50s all with good reasons NO MORE! I see a mistake with hair or eye color I want to change it with ingame credz and I dont care if it costs me 10k to do so with all the chars I have and Im planing to make many. I can understand that you will pay real money for the new cathar but just changing look? I know games who does that for free even for f2p. ofcorse if you area sub everything like that shoud be for free but not the cathar I understand that.

EA/BW want to make money dont they. well try tauting us not scaring us out of the game. you want more to sub make it free for subs real cash money for the f2p. easy as that!

Seriously I have a smuggler with goggles on his eyes. ones I removed the goggles I see his eyes darker than I wanted them to be. I changed my mind about a scar I had on my lvl 50 assassin I dont want to REROLL! and I dont want to pay money for that small thing.

At last I'd like to say "Have some respect for your subscribers!"

I refuse to pay real world cash on top of the money i already pay to play this game.

I would have liked to switch body type on some of my characters and refined their looks further however if they price these options highly on the CM then i just won't bother.

Me too. :(

AWESOME Idea.... Both EA and the consumer win. A great incentive to sub without cancelling even if you want a break, you may stay subbed to get those rewards.

Just brace for the people (entitled ones) that will complain its not fair!

AWESOME Idea.... Both EA and the consumer win. A great incentive to sub without cancelling even if you want a break, you may stay subbed to get those rewards.

Just brace for the people (entitled ones) that will complain its not fair!

Kind of like that idea too.

Seriously, do you people just like to complain?!

I see NO issue what-so-ever. Plenty of games don't even allow you to make ANY changes to your characters appearance. If you don't bother to take the time when you make the character -- stop complaining. Seriously.

Everyone screams for more options and more chioces and more content -- and then BW gets blasted over EVERYTHING they release.

Purely cosmetic -- grow up. If you care that much, pay for it. If you don't care, don't pay. Simple as that. You aren't missing out on a part of the game because of it. At least the arguments people are throwing out for advanced-class changes ACTUALLY AFFECT gameplay.

Can we stop whining for stupid reasons? Take your anger and frustration out on REAL problems with the game -- like the fact that all of the APAC server subscribers are getting shafted -- or that we may never see class-specific storylines again.

I see NO issue what-so-ever. Plenty of games don't even allow you to make ANY changes to your characters appearance. If you don't bother to take the time when you make the character -- stop complaining. Seriously.

Everyone screams for more options and more chioces and more content -- and then BW gets blasted over EVERYTHING they release.

Purely cosmetic -- grow up. If you care that much, pay for it. If you don't care, don't pay. Simple as that. You aren't missing out on a part of the game because of it. At least the arguments people are throwing out for advanced-class changes ACTUALLY AFFECT gameplay.

Can we stop whining for stupid reasons? Take your anger and frustration out on REAL problems with the game -- like the fact that all of the APAC server subscribers are getting shafted -- or that we may never see class-specific storylines again.

It seems that you're more angry and frustrated than the posters in this thread. Perhaps vent that anger on "REAL" problems with the game instead of flaming a thread that is obviously of little interest to you? ;)

One person's problem is another person's .... shrug, I guess.

I'm not in Australia, so why should I bother about APAC servers? I do sympathize, but more than that....

This Barber Shop thing bothers me though, since it exempliefies how every new addition lately was tailored for the CM while it's perfectly fine to just put one in the game itself. That's what bothers me.

Different people have different issues, it's really very simple.

Edited by Lent_San

They already said Cathar was only going to be on the CM and a barber shop is NOT basic content. It should be on the market. Don't like what your characters look like, pay or roll a new one. I have rolled several new characters until I was happy with what I got.

i think you will fined a barbershop as been basic mmo content for a very long time in most mmos and are you really trying to say ppl who subscribe should not get the barbershop with the subs if so your are just bioware fan boy or just a newbie

don't even get me going on the Carth only on cartel market

There's only one thing I'm surprised about and that is the fact that some people are still surprised by what bEAware is doing. Some people are so naive.

Subscription means nothing to the developers ever since the F2P launch. The majority of the new content is added to the cartel market, even basic stuff like the Barbershop. And despite what some people are saying, it IS a basic feature of every MMO, in fact most MMOs LAUNCH with in-game appearance change.

So normal makeover features (eg. hair, skin, tattoos, scars, eyes, beard, mustache etc.) should definitely be available for in-game credits. You could still pay for them with Cartel coins, if you're too lazy to farm dailies, but subscribers are entitled to basic appearance changes for in-game credits.

Extreme makeover features (eg. body type, gender, species) are unrealistic and wouldn't interest too many people anyway, so you could charge CC for that if you want. But Cartel Coins for a freakin' haircut? Ridiculous.

At the rate this game is degenerating (and I'm really sad to say that since I consider myself a huge SWTOR fan), I won't be surprised if at some point, they just decide to do away with subscriptions completely and force everyone to buy weekly ops, warzone and flashpoint passes and pay for new "content" updates.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

So they say it will be here early summer. They said Cathar would be here last year by the end of the year. I am sick and tired of their vague dates. Not just for Cathar but for anything. They have proven time and time again that they can not deliver what they promise when they promise. I LOVE this game, I have a sub and have since release. I don't plan to stop playing but the annoyance of these vague dates just sends me over the deep end. Just stop promising things. It just makes them seem even more unreliable.

I'm still wondering what games people are talking about that have this feature completely contained in game and free of charges, outside in game currency.

(Which by the way we already know this will be available for in game currency on the GTN)

I'm still wondering what games people are talking about that have this feature completely contained in game and free of charges, outside in game currency.

(Which by the way we already know this will be available for in game currency on the GTN)

Champions Online is one. Every facet of appearance can be changed for a minimal ingame credit cost. Also available for F2P players for the same ingame prices as subs.

City of Heroes and SWG were two that are no longer around that also offered it.

Can't remember others off the top of my head.

They generally only post on weekends if there's emergency maintenance or something, so counting Saturday and Sunday "against" them is wildly unfair.

Eric did come in here and comment. He reiterated that they view it as cosmetic so it's going into the RMT shop. His post seemed pretty clear that they weren't really considering changing this approach.

I disagree, I didnt count on them to post on a weekend but I did count on them to have thought about this issue extensively and have a solution ready for monday. Even an "We're talking/discussing it" would be nice

You have no issues whatsoever? Well I have no issues whatsoever with the APAC servers since I dont play on them and Im not bothered with their issues, wait that sounds very selfish doesnt it?

Plenty of games however DO allow you to change your looks, almost any MMO does bar the small ****** ones. Yes we want more content and choice but the choice is also taken away when everything has to be paid with CC's. We like the content but not the way we're getting it. See the different?

As for "pure cosmetic", so? Some people care. I like to look good irl and I want that reflected in-game.

Also the APAC issues are resolved, and yes the storyline specific stuff is bad as well but kinda off topic dont you think?

Theyre all a part of this game going down the drain, APAC and storyline because the game didnt attract the numbers they wanted and the barbershop because F2P happened which happened because the game didnt attract the numbers they wanted

Champions Online is one. Every facet of appearance can be changed for a minimal ingame credit cost. Also available for F2P players for the same ingame prices as subs.

WoW offers minor changes for free, STO as well

Ahh COH And Champs Loved those games. They really fall almost into their own category when it comes to that because the game works completely differently as there are a lot less constraints and of course no racial options in those types of game. And of course that is the entire purpose of Champions.

I agree though being able to have one character that can at will Change to any spec, build, look, form, and anything else was really awesome! I admit I forgot about those, but again because they fall into a very different feel of MMO than the "WoW Clone" games like Rift, EQ, SWTOR, and the like. All of which to my knowledge do not even offer these services at all. I feel like I'm the only person that likes that we can finally customize our characters.

I wanted to pop in and address some of your concerns about our barbershop and its use of Cartel Coins and not credits. There are a couple of design implications that go into these decisions I wanted to highlight in the hopes that it makes our decision in this regard a bit clearer.

• We very consciously design these systems around the fact that subscribers get monthly Cartel Coin grants. Pricing, etc. has these monthly grants in mind to ensure that our subscribers have access to these systems.
  • We want to set the expectation that cosmetic systems like these are where you are going to see us use the Cartel Market. It is our continued philosophy that we will not implement a form of pay to win so cosmetic systems and other non-game impacting features are our best opportunities to make additions to the Cartel Market.

As we continue to release more information about our barbershop please continue to give us your feedback.

-eric

The game doesn't have enough credit sinks imo. I'm serious. The Barber Shop should utilize in-game currency as a way of removing credits from the economy. Inflation is nuts.

Dear Players,

we have a fantastic news!

We introduce to you the "Achievement System"!

Isn't you excited, because we are. It fantastic (for us *mwahaha*)

However most of the achievement available only by CM items, but don't worry, you still get your 500CC.

If you are a completionist, well... Hey, did I mentioned you get 500CC, and how excited we are?!

Wow guys, it's fantastic!!! Isn't it?!

And of course subbers get new content as well, just look at this list:

- Cheap ***** lightsaber Hilt

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more exciting news.

Ah, yes, yes it is!! :p

Dear Players,

we have a fantastic news!

We introduce to you the "Achievement System"!

Isn't you excited, because we are. It fantastic (for us *mwahaha*)

However most of the achievement available only by CM items, but don't worry, you still get your 500CC.

If you are a completionist, well... Hey, did I mentioned you get 500CC, and how excited we are?!

Wow guys, it's fantastic!!! Isn't it?!

And of course subbers get new content as well, just look at this list:

- Cheap ***** lightsaber Hilt

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more exciting news.

Ah, yes, yes it is!! :p

I would highly recommend not posting in yellow....

If you're a subscriber, you get free cartel coins. Thus, is a question of priorities.

If you're a F2Per, you are playing a free game and have not a single right to complain. Deal. With. It.

The bottom line is that character recustomization is not a frequent, on-the-fly kind of thing. It's not something you change based on your mood, it's a permanent adjustment. They don't want players changing their characters every ten minutes.