Raid loot system is horrible!

I'm sure this has already been brought up. I'm just venting and proposing an idea.

==========

I ran my guild last night through our first EV 8 man (which was jokingly easy, sure it's a little more difficult on Hard and NM modes). I switched to Master Loot before we entered the instance. We down first boss, go to loot and noticed player names on gear drops? I was like huh? I could not change the loot to anyone else besides the people that the game already names to loot such gear. I find this system incredibly INSANE. It looted an epic belt to me which was far from an upgrade to my crafted one. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED ASAP or you'll lose people to such an insane loot system. OR I could be retarded and not noticing an option to change.

I find this loot system good for pugs... NOT for guild ran raids. It should be a normal master loot system where guilds that have DKP or SK systems where the master looter can assign the gear too... PLEASE BIOWARE FIX THIS ASAP..

I recommend a "PUG" master loot setting and "GUILD" master loot setting.. Maybe when you enter an instance is notices guild tags for availible GUILD loot option..

What do you all think..

Cheers

Wumps!

Edited by DarthWumps

Master loot is bugged but it seems if you leave it on FFA everyone can choose to roll (need, greed or pass). If you trust the people you are with you can leave it as such.

Good to know, ty. I will try this and do trust my guildies.. Just hate to see loot get wasted especially on progression.

Master loot is bugged but it seems if you leave it on FFA everyone can choose to roll (need, greed or pass). If you trust the people you are with you can leave it as such.

No its not bugged, Bioware announced long ago that this is how loot will be handled on normal mode.

There are several interviews where they mention the system as "loot bags".

And I am pretty sure the FFA thing you mentioned does not work.

Edited by Moodsie

No its not bugged, Bioware announced long ago that this is how loot will be handled on normal mode.

This. Also, there is no "Progression" yet, so relax. Need a few more raids to worry about that.

Come to think of it. We did try this and it only worked on Schems that dropped, not gear.

This. Also, there is no "Progression" yet, so relax. Need a few more raids to worry about that.

Actually there is.. You have 3 different modes and sure most guilds can't complete them all. Also we shouldn't HAVE to relax. This should of been worked out already.. It's an unfair way to loot for guilds and also to epics getting wasted.

Actually there is.. You have 3 different modes and sure most guilds can't complete them all. Also we shouldn't HAVE to relax. This should of been worked out already.. It's an unfair way to loot for guilds and also to epics getting wasted.

This. The current system is beyond stupid. I can't really see how anyone with a little bit of mmo experience, which I expect the devs to have, can think of this. Yesterday people got the same item twice, I got a bop syntweaving recipe I can't use but someone in the raid could've etc. stupid stupid stupid

This. The current system is beyond stupid. I can't really see how anyone with a little bit of mmo experience, which I expect the devs to have, can think of this. Yesterday people got the same item twice, I got a bop syntweaving recipe I can't use but someone in the raid could've etc. stupid stupid stupid

Well the recepie was up for a roll so you wasted it not the system. System is designed for pugs and work only on normal, also you get 4 epics in 8men grup that's far more than in any game's raid content. It's really easy to get gear and start hard mode where the loot is more traditional.

We ran our guild through EV 8 man as well, and we tried NBG, Master loot and FFA an the loot system never changed, it assigned loot pretty much randomly, except for the schematics and crafting mats, as well as a few random stat gear drops (it assigned some, not others, go figure, it wasnt consistant).

We discussed how this system is great, but it needs a tweak... Allow the gear to be tradeable for say, 30 minutes to other members of the raid, provided the original owner has not equipped the item yet. Obviously the unassambled pieces will not be equippable.

However, all bugs aside, we thoroughly enjoyed the fight mechanics, job well done in that department.

Well the recepie was up for a roll so you wasted it not the system. System is designed for pugs and work only on normal, also you get 4 epics in 8men grup that's far more than in any game's raid content. It's really easy to get gear and start hard mode where the loot is more traditional.

Wrong to a certain point.. I had a tank respec dps last night for EV..He was planning on rolling tank gear.. He got dps gear 0-o cause of the auto loot system. The system design is flawed! Nothing more nothing less. Wasting a ton of epics on a system that clearly sucks for guilds.

This loot system is only there in normal mode. Once you get to hardmode / nightmare everything is 'normal' where you can roll on all the drops. Normal is meant to gear PUGs up and be an easy introduction to raiding. Just do hardmode and you'll be fine on loot

This loot system is only there in normal mode. Once you get to hardmode / nightmare everything is 'normal' where you can roll on all the drops. Normal is meant to gear PUGs up and be an easy introduction to raiding. Just do hardmode and you'll be fine on loot

Is it master lootable? Can ML'er give gear out as intended to a specific player by a DKP or SK system?

Is it master lootable? Can ML'er give gear out as intended to a specific player by a DKP or SK system?

Yup. Everything is just like bosses in WoW or any other MMO once you get past Normal mode. In master loot he can assign it to whomever he likes; only issue is there's no /roll. Way we do it now is just whoever gets the biggest upgrade

Yup. Everything is just like bosses in WoW or any other MMO once you get past Normal mode. In master loot he can assign it to whomever he likes; only issue is there's no /roll. Way we do it now is just whoever gets the biggest upgrade

Aware of the no /roll. Which there should be imo. But glad to hear you can loot normally in modes after Normal.. I was stunned by this and was like....whaaatt? lol.

Cheers and Thanks!

Epic troll.

not a troll as I said I wasnt familar with exactly what he was talking about I assumed it worked like other party loot wich clearly it doesnt now that i read further so as I said forgive me if i am wrong wich i was

Aware of the no /roll. Which there should be imo. But glad to hear you can loot normally in modes after Normal.. I was stunned by this and was like....whaaatt? lol.

Cheers and Thanks!

guessing you didnt read up much on the game before launch? there were a few heated threads on the subject.

the normal modes are for new player introduction to raids/casual players that are time constrained (per the devs).

the tank that rerolled dps should've expected to get dps gear as that was what he was doing. good to know that the system seems to take into account what role one is actively playing at that moment. personally dont wanna be a dps and get a bunch of healer gear.

hopefully the hard/nightmare modes will be adjusted to their namesake.

I'm sure this has already been brought up. I'm just venting and proposing an idea.

==========

I ran my guild last night through our first EV 8 man (which was jokingly easy, sure it's a little more difficult on Hard and NM modes). I switched to Master Loot before we entered the instance. We down first boss, go to loot and noticed player names on gear drops? I was like huh? I could not change the loot to anyone else besides the people that the game already names to loot such gear. I find this system incredibly INSANE. It looted an epic belt to me which was far from an upgrade to my crafted one. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED ASAP or you'll lose people to such an insane loot system. OR I could be retarded and not noticing an option to change.

I find this loot system good for pugs... NOT for guild ran raids. It should be a normal master loot system where guilds that have DKP or SK systems where the master looter can assign the gear too... PLEASE BIOWARE FIX THIS ASAP..

I recommend a "PUG" master loot setting and "GUILD" master loot setting.. Maybe when you enter an instance is notices guild tags for availible GUILD loot option..

What do you all think..

Cheers

Wumps!

I disagree. I think it ends the loot tyranny of leetist guilds.

essentially comparing to wow : Normal -> Mouthbreather LFR

Hard -> Normal WoW

Nightmare -> HC WoW

Also, on normal it doesnt recognise specs. We've had our tank given dps gear for no reason even when theres 2 dps that couldve used it.