Has the change to F2P changed timelines and such?

DarthRamette

I think the timeline for new additions to the game got fraked when they fired most of the developers

You guys have no clue as to what is going on and neither do I. But one thing I would like to point out is that during the development an MMO staff is HUGE. The first 3 to 6 months of live operation of a new MMO the Staff is usually cut down big time. During Development MMO Staffs are HUGE and needed but once the game is live you only need enough people to cover the teams which are needed to continue to make content, fix bugs and QA the builds. I am sure there are a few teams I missed but you get the point. It has happened in every MMO and will happen in future MMO's.

You guys have no clue as to what is going on and neither do I. But one thing I would like to point out is that during the development an MMO staff is HUGE. The first 3 to 6 months of live operation of a new MMO the Staff is usually cut down big time. During Development MMO Staffs are HUGE and needed but once the game is live you only need enough people to cover the teams which are needed to continue to make content, fix bugs and QA the builds. I am sure there are a few teams I missed but you get the point. It has happened in every MMO and will happen in future MMO's.

So since you seem to think there are enough ppl working on this game please explain the countless threads on bugs that have been in since beta, long wait times for content (until recently), devs constantly ignoring what the community says it wants ( ie minigames etc.), poor testing of new content (gets releases with bugs that testers find and no word on when or even if they are aware of them).

Seems to me the community is constantly saying things are not going well

So since you seem to think there are enough ppl working on this game please explain the countless threads on bugs that have been in since beta, long wait times for content (until recently), devs constantly ignoring what the community says it wants ( ie minigames etc.), poor testing of new content (gets releases with bugs that testers find and no word on when or even if they are aware of them).

Seems to me the community is constantly saying things are not going well

You see those type of posts in every single MMO that is out today and you will see them in every single MMO that gets released from now and until the end of the MMO. What is your point other then MMO's are filled with whiny brats who want instant gratification and if they don't get it they get on a message board to whine about it.

They have dedicated teams for each of what you are talking about. This board is full of so called insiders like you like to think you are.

Every MMO studio out there claims they have dedicated teams for each aspect of the game. Yet, as they all pretty much go F2P, you know what happens? Just what he said: mostly cash shop items, then bug fixes, then actual new content. I'm talking new content that actually comes in patches, not DLCs (which also count as cash shop).

It's been the normal operation for Turbine, SOE, and Cryptic thus far as they all went F2P, and I seriously doubt EA is going to do it differently. Oh, and those three also claim dedicated teams for X, Y, and Z, too. Doesn't stop a majority of develepment from going right into the cash shop for non-subscribers and subscribers to purchase.