PVP premade sucks

bahan

there are 2-3 guilds that keeps WG busy with premade groups and the rest of us waiting at least 1-2 hours to catch a match and when we manage to enter we enter with green items guys runing like headless flies with no clue what they must do inside versus war hero and BM geared players in premade, we always loose, premade option must be stoped until servers are heavy, got pissed fast.

Just what the game needs...another restriction on group activities. The answer is simple: In order to compete you need to find like-minded players and form your own team. Sure, losing sucks but the answer can never be to make the winners less organized by rule.

WHAT you want people to LOOK for people and TALK to them asking if they want to group? Do you think this is a MMO or something!!!

Next thing you will want is people to earn items instead of just being giving them in the next patch after a bunch of people got them the hard way!

Boy you guys say so ODD stuff on here =D

WHAT you want people to LOOK for people and TALK to them asking if they want to group? Do you think this is a MMO or something!!!

Next thing you will want is people to earn items instead of just being giving them in the next patch after a bunch of people got them the hard way!

Boy you guys say so ODD stuff on here =D

Right. Talking to random people to group up is the same thing as regular guild premade WZ steamrolling.

Right. Talking to random people to group up is the same thing as regular guild premade WZ steamrolling.

cause being in a guild is the defining trait that allows them to excel at pvp. If only there was a way at the end of games to see how well other players on your team did so you can group with other skilled players who don't happen to group queue...but that just a pipe dream.

Yes premades are a bad thing for the majority of players. Unfortunately, as much as I hate them, its not fair to prevent them from playing any more than its not fair to prevent new players from playing because you have a cob on over the colour of their gear.

Rated warzones might actually be a good thing as its most likely the premades will go and ruin that whilst ougs and gain experience and have a laugh in the less serious warzones. Pugs that do rated then only have themselves to blame if they run up against a premade.

Its a shame biofail didnt build a voice comms system in to the game. It would help eliminate a lot of the premade issues.

One would think that after EQ2 has had VC for years that BW or hell even EA would have had that at the get go on release,,me and my guildys in EQ2 only group with people that have a head set,we prefer people to speak but if they dont wish to we atleast want them being able to hear.

LoL I win all the time and 95% of the time I join solo. Yes I also get my *** kicked from time 2 time on my undergeared toon's but I also play for FUN! And if im not in a raid (1 night a week) Im doing pvp ONLY (I NEVER do the pve dailys)

So does getting stomped suck? yes...... BUT if you play on easy mode their is no fun and when they kill the fun because of people crying ill be forced to quit yet ANOTHER game

Its a shame biofail didnt build a voice comms system in to the game.

Oh god no. In-game voice communication is terrible in every game, and moreso in MMO's than any other genre. Have you seen the immature ******* kids running rampant on the forums and in-game? Actually giving these people the ability to talk to you over voice chat would be a horrid idea. VOIP servers are cheap, just buy one, or find someone that has one.

Yes premades are a bad thing for the majority of players. Unfortunately, as much as I hate them, its not fair to prevent them from playing any more than its not fair to prevent new players from playing because you have a cob on over the colour of their gear.

Who says prevent them from playing? Just let them play at the same level - other premades. Or is there some dire need for premades to want to face average level pug players? :rolleyes:

Rated warzones might actually be a good thing as its most likely the premades will go and ruin that whilst ougs and gain experience and have a laugh in the less serious warzones. Pugs that do rated then only have themselves to blame if they run up against a premade.

Not if you make premades only available at rated WZs, and make regular WZs impossible to enter as a single team.

Its a shame biofail didnt build a voice comms system in to the game. It would help eliminate a lot of the premade issues.

Again, queuing up for WZs solo is nothing different from random premades, and those random premades are not what we're talking about. We're talking about the notorious PvP guild premades that enter WZs and stay there for hours and hours, racking up easy kills and easy wins for mega-fast reward hording. Don't act as if you don't know what we're talking about here.

Oh god no. In-game voice communication is terrible in every game, and moreso in MMO's than any other genre. Have you seen the immature ******* kids running rampant on the forums and in-game? Actually giving these people the ability to talk to you over voice chat would be a horrid idea. VOIP servers are cheap, just buy one, or find someone that has one.

Skype=Free

Thats what my guild uses to Raid 8 man's

I would not do 16 with Skype BUT for pvp/8 man raids....works fine

indeed, join the anti-premade legion, our cause is just.

premades have no place in pugs, let them fight each other and be together. leave our pugs alone.

they want "group activity" and to play with "their friends" , well.. let them do so... together, away from pugs.

Edited by teambff

What, exactly, isn't fair about limiting premade queues to only match with premade opponents? Voice com built into the game would result in me muting voice com. I don't need some 12 year old kid screaming orders like anyone cares. I'm looking at Mr. Wanna Be Warzone Leader who spams ops with, "omg you guyz suk!!1!" for that one.

Completely agree. I have zero interest in talking to the average MMO player. Actually I have very little interest in talking to the average gamer over the internet, or indeed the average internet user over the internet. People talk a lot when they have the safety of a computer screen, many of us have zero desire to deal with that.

I have plenty of friends and co-workers to talk to in person. I have plenty of family members as well. I don't play video games for social conversations, I play to have fun. I am sure the vast majority of people are similar to me, in that they're older, have families, have friends, have real jobs etc.

Just separate the queues and the losers can go play with themselves and other people like them. They can claim elite skills while failing miserably at everything in real life and having no actual friends. I know people on here brag about their premades and their guilds, and nothing will convince them that nobody in the world actually respects them, so just let them do it away from the rest of us. We are the 80%, if you want your MMO to succeed, you cater to us, not a bunch of kids whose parents pay for everything.

more than 75% people just standing up to respawn zone and dont dare to go down, they just standing up prevent others to farm them when they see it is an premade, and is not their fault, people like to be independent like i am , no guild, no obligation, not orars and calendars, the rivals not even need to guard the objectives, they coming to our respawn place and farming us, is like they go lvl 50 full rakata players in level 20 flashpoints, easy and fast matches and players farm,i believe a pug vs pug and premade vs premade option of queue should be ok for everything and right for everyone

premades should face other premades. its not fair to solo players queuing and basically get handed a loss before the match starts. if you want to que as a premade then you should have to wait for another premade to face you. here is what happens when solo players encounter a premade. first you get 3 or 4 quit warzone, then the ones that get que'd into it after the quitters have there entire que wasted. finally it ends up where we all stack on a node and wait for it to be over. what fun is that for anyone involved. the premades might think it fun, but come on really, why have a premade if you are not going to have any competition. for the solo players its a basic waste of time and no fun at all.

these premades are all on some talk server and mainly are from one or 2 guild combined. you will say well why don't you get a random pug premade together. well sorry but it is just not even close to being the same. first you have to spend the time forming the group witch could take a ton of time. then you have to figure out what talk server to use that everyone has. its a royal pain in the butt. finally by time you get the group going people have to drop group. where as the guilded premades don't have this problem most of them have people waiting to take spots if the guild needs them and they are all already on the same talk server.

its simply not fair to any solo player to go up against a guilded premade or any formed organized group.

just can hope they change this and make it so premades can only que for rated games.

its simply not fair to any solo player to go up against a guilded premade or any formed organized group.

just can hope they change this and make it so premades can only que for rated games.

I don't think it's that simple. I like to queue with a few friends who raid. We have mostly Rakata, but stand little chance against people in end game PvP gear. The problem with PvP in my mind is that it's too catered to "hard core" PvPers. In PvE you can "dial in" your difficulty level by selecting normal / hard mode or the tier of the raid. PvP for many is like rolling into hard mode EV wearing greens and blues with only a limited understanding of the strats. It simply doesn't work and until a solution can be found it's not going to get better.

Just what the game needs...another restriction on group activities. The answer is simple: In order to compete you need to find like-minded players and form your own team. Sure, losing sucks but the answer can never be to make the winners less organized by rule.

Not so simple actually.

There's an option to queue as solo. Which in turn means that it's just as viable as queuing as a group.

If you want to be able to compete as solo, you should be able to be able to do so...against other solo players.

Playing as solo against premades is not competing, unless you would consider rounding up completely random people off the streets to face a professional team of any given sport. Needless to say, this doesn't happen IRL, and for obvious reasons.

"Competing", in its true sense in this context means premades vs premads and solos vs solos.

The arguments against this, are basically just poor excuses made by those who have the opportunity to join premades and who have no understanding whatsoever for other peoples situations or possibilities.

Simple fact is, some play the game on a casual level and they don't have the possibilities to group up. This does not make their right to play and compete ON AN EQUAL LEVEL (meaning against other solos) any less than those of premades.

Hopefully, this will be fixed once cross-server queuing is implemented and the matchmaking will be able to distribute players on a fair and balanced basis. I know I will welcome this, and I'm not sure who wouldn't, as pugs no doubt would be happy not having to face premades, and premades would surely welcome the PROPER competition of facing other premades, not just steamrolling pugs.

SE

Edited by ShavedEwok

I don't presume to know how to fix the issue best, without stepping on anyone's toes. The problem for me personally (and I seriously doubt I am alone here) is that when you play the game the way I do, it just feels broken. I try to group PVP whenever possible but sometimes that just does't work out, or I just don't feel like getting on Vent/TS/whatever and just want to run by myself. The problem I run into is that it seems like literally 80% of the time, I will sit and wait anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to get into a WZ and all too often it is against an imperial premade. I can't help but think that it's because of the population imbalance we have on y server (baelgoth's beacon).

Today is a good example - I felt like que'ing by myself while I did things around the house in between matches. For the last 5 games in a row, after waiting 10 minutes I get into a match against a premade group that we just don't have a chance against. In my opinion, it is simply unacceptable. There's no fun to be had when my matches end like this:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/Runzhouse/Screenshot_2012-04-22_17_09_03_799769.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/Runzhouse/Screenshot_2012-04-22_14_02_42_397553.jpg

I used to play MMO's more than I do now, fairly competitively in PVP on some of them. What I don't get is when I played in premade groups, I liked the challenge of playing against other premade groups. It was some of the most fun I've ever had in MMO's. Going up against pugs could be fun for a match or two, but after that I felt no different than how I imagine an aim-botter feels in MW. It's really discouraging to sit and invest time in a game only to have the fun you find in playing it taken away from you by something completely beyond your control. It doesn't make for a fun game.

Edit:

From talking to some of the imperials on my server, maybe population imbalance has a lot to do with it. They feel like they have a lot larger pool of people to group up with, including more healers. They say when they play their republic toons they just feel at a disadvantage due to having a gimped player pool to run with.

Edited by Runzhouse

• 7 months later...

I was silly enough to post into an old thread.

So, to keep everyone happy, I deleted my post in the hope that you can all be happy again :)

Have fun out there!

Edited by Endek
I received NO positive reply to my questions.

Who says prevent them from playing? *Snip*

"...90% of complaints concerning PvP can be solved when people realize that the assumption that they are a 'good' player or a 'skilled' one, is simply, false..."

I found this for you, it's good advice.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

This is what I dont get ...you complain about people grouping and pvping while you que solo in your crappy gear and getting facerolled. Well guess what, this will happen in every game because people who communicate via TS almost always win against a group of non coordinated non communative people.

I mean ...BW already changed resolve in favor of the noobs so they can spam ccs like mad without being punished for it. That is already enough noob boosting in pvp ...way too much